Back to Conflict Resolution Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Conflict Resolution Skills by University of California, Irvine

4.2

Resolving conflict in a positive manner is a skill than can be developed and practiced. Being heard can be one of the most important goals of someone engaged in conflict. Knowing how to listen and deploy appropriate communication tactics is determinative of whether a conflict will have a positive or negative resolution. Examine listening skills, appropriate and strategic verbal and non-verbal communication skills, and how to assemble a conflict management plan likely to yield positive resolutions. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Use active learning skills when dealing with conflict 2. Choose appropriate communication tactics when dealing with conflict 3. Create a usable plan for managing conflict...

Dec 01, 2017

Excellent course and very beneficiary to all type of people. It consists of resolution ways to self conflicts, work conflicts and many others. I advice to enroll

LB

Nov 14, 2016

Very good course a lot to learn specially with the globalization and working with different cultures is a really with tool for personal and company improvement.

1 - 25 of 118 Reviews for Conflict Resolution Skills

By Wan-Lin L H

Feb 04, 2017

not enough content - would have preferred more examples/scenarios that included conflict resolution solutions

By Kom P

Sep 07, 2016

I didn't feel like I learned much. Some of the problems I've experience would take more than just trying to find common interest and compromise.

A lot of conflicts arise from personal agenda and gain and that's very difficult to deal with.

By Graciela G

Sep 01, 2016

There was anything innovating in the course and the intro of each lesson was extremely loud.

By Kendra P

Sep 01, 2016

I wish there were another conflict specialization on Coursera to choose from.. one that is more modern, up to date, interesting, engaging, less patronizing .. etc. but there isn't. So I guess we're all stuck with this one. Need I say more.

By Ashwani B

Feb 09, 2016

Should have been a complete course. The course did not give specific tools to conflict resolution rather information about the subject was disseminated

By Jennifer P

Mar 18, 2018

not enough detail for me

By samantha

Jan 12, 2017

She didn't seem interested at all in what she was teaching. She had a frown the entire time. Maybe she was trying to be professional? Either way, I didn't feel like she liked what she was doing.

These were good tips for people in a new business management position, but honestly this was all stuff you learn while socializing with people. They are generally good social skills that every one should have. I learned little to nothing while taking this class. But, as I said, most of this is directed towards to someone in a management position. I guess this would be helpful when having to work with someone who is a drama-maker, although, fortunately, I have not had a situation yet with someone who creates drama. Yes, I know people who create drama, however, there have been no blowouts or severe problems. Maybe this is the reason why I didn't learn anything in this class... :-(

By Oleksiy D

Nov 25, 2015

Very boring. Not many real life advices. Mstly theory

By Birk M

Jan 21, 2016

This is a joke right?

5 minutes long videos with questions after it shall teach me effective?!

you guys are ridiculous!

By Olena B

Feb 23, 2016

Presentation is so boring and dry, I could not bring myself to watching past the first couple of videos.

By Michael O

Jun 18, 2016

corporate HR focused conflict NON resolution.

By Liza R

Aug 30, 2016

The course is very short and more advanced courses are not free.

By Ingrid W

Feb 02, 2019

To the point but still varied with good examples and interesting interviews

By Page M

Jan 12, 2019

very informative and useful!!

By EBENEZER A L

Dec 21, 2018

Educative

By ADE L C

Jan 27, 2017

I have watched all the videos provided for this course and I think it's very educative, simple and well organized for a better understanding. The only thing I think lacking is example of real conflict situations like those between and within states, those between citizens and their elected governments etc. and conflict resolution skills or approaches used both nationally and internationally to resolve them. Thanks again once more for such a wonderful lesson on conflict resolution, it's My pleasure to learn from the online courser classes.

By Luis M L B

Nov 14, 2016

By Sarah R

Jun 02, 2017

Great Course!

By awatif m

Mar 27, 2018

Great course with great tips on how to deal with conflict with real life problems that you can relate to

By Shaniko K

Apr 18, 2018

Great

By Fabio M R

Feb 26, 2018

Very nice course and good subjects, that for sure will be apply daily

By MAMBA L M

Mar 17, 2017

Great course because it has provides excellent background and all ways that have to be used while using Conflict Resolution Skills to resolve a conflict.

By Chick E

Apr 15, 2018

great course with alot of values

By Bryce C

Feb 24, 2018

Great, direct information to work through conflict in a level-headed manner.

By Constance J N

Feb 09, 2016

I really like learning this material, and it helps everyday life.