Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM
Nov 4, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

DA
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

1276 - 1300 of 1,305 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Marc E S

Apr 27, 2017

I was hoping the lectures would be more dense. My previous coursera courses where on data science, machine learning, etc. I somewhat feel that the content on those courses is twice or thrice more.

By nathan g

Sep 28, 2020

Some of the instructions didn't seem to match the assignment and I think a lot of learners were confused. Needs more moderation. I did learn and found the challenges in the course useful.

By Sharon A D

Jan 8, 2021

The instruction is clear and quite good, but what good is feedback if you cannot read it. I can see my grade but there is nowhere to see what my peers had to say about my work.

By Justin S

Sep 9, 2020

the grading system could improve star selection process such as grammar; clarity; congruency; originality; captivation may broaden the critque of the story

By katherine l

Apr 2, 2018

Materials were engaging. Some assignment direction was a little vague. Some professional interaction or review would help to supplement the peer review.

By Youssef A

Jun 10, 2020

What's most beneficial about this course are the assignments rather than the videos. I do wish though we got some feedback from the instructor himself.

By S. J W

Feb 27, 2016

Someone needs to review/proofread the final part and assignment. Many students were/are confused about the final assignment. Revise the video too.

By Paul C

Oct 28, 2018

Too many interviews without delving into the core of the subject. There were some good tips but left feeling disappointed.

By Jesica M E D B

Aug 22, 2016

The course is nice and informative. Unfortunately one can not do any of the pear rated assignments or pear reviews.

By Nima Y Z

Nov 8, 2020

The course was very practical and I learned very useful content and tips.

By Mariana C

Mar 28, 2020

Good morning. How can I unenroll? It is not what I expected. Thank you.

By Priya

Dec 21, 2016

it would have been great if the final assignment had been grade

By ahmed i

Jan 17, 2017

it seems good and hopefully will be valuable in my context

By Digant K

Mar 27, 2016

So overly simple with a lack of details in the steps.

By Michael K H

May 26, 2021

Very very good assignments. Peer grading was poor.

By Zamzam A

Mar 19, 2020

I feel we need professional assignment reviews.

By Mohammed A

Aug 18, 2016

Nice, informative, but basic and short.

By Juliana C

Feb 17, 2021

The course is interesting, but the videos are not enough. The instructor is charismatic and friendly. I received very poor feedback from peers ('yes/no/good' answers without any useful information). I did get some useful feedback. And on the last assignment, the program algorithm doesn't match a reviewer which could force you to pay another month, just to get the last review and the certificate. The course is worth the $50, but the review/feedback system is terrible. I will not proceed with the remaining 4 courses (which would mean spending an additional $200). This is very sad, as I was excited about taking writing classes online. Maybe they can limit the number of participants and add a few TAs/mentors to give more valuable feedback.

By Veronica K

Jul 19, 2021

The videos are useful, but the peer-graded system of assignments is not. I don't think that the feedback from people with the same (or worse) writing skills is in any way helpful. I've had to review very poorly written pieces, and I don't think that being reviewed by their authors in return can enhance my writing skills.

By Sofía G M

Aug 6, 2020

I feel like, even though it is a course about PLOT, they should give you suggestions and advice when it comes to developing other parts of your story (characters, for example). Also, I think there should be multiple SHORTER activities for us to practice more instead of just one HUGE assignment at the end of each lesson

By JENNIFER G

Aug 16, 2020

The pre-recorded lessons were good, but the assignments were unhelpful, as the peer critique process is highly flawed. Students need opportunities for professional critiques and face-to-face encounters with a cohort or associate professor...someone with some credentials or skin in the game.

By Paulo S

Mar 29, 2016

I hope the instructions were cleary and not too vague that it was open to many interpretation. An example would have helped and the rubrics/criteria for grading should have been shown beforehand so students would be guided what points they would consider when making their piece.

By Akshat J

Jul 1, 2020

Not all assignments were related to what was covered in the lectures, they were actually quite random. I enjoyed the course but I think I would have learned much more had this not just been about the very basics and discussing film plots! We already know that

By Rachel C

Apr 17, 2021

Did not find this course engaging, definitely struggled to finish