Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

DA
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

LB
Nov 15, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

1326 - 1340 of 1,340 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Mohammed A

Aug 18, 2016

Nice, informative, but basic and short.

By David K

Aug 12, 2021

I didn't get any feedback

By Juliana C

Feb 17, 2021

The course is interesting, but the videos are not enough. The instructor is charismatic and friendly. I received very poor feedback from peers ('yes/no/good' answers without any useful information). I did get some useful feedback. And on the last assignment, the program algorithm doesn't match a reviewer which could force you to pay another month, just to get the last review and the certificate. The course is worth the $50, but the review/feedback system is terrible. I will not proceed with the remaining 4 courses (which would mean spending an additional $200). This is very sad, as I was excited about taking writing classes online. Maybe they can limit the number of participants and add a few TAs/mentors to give more valuable feedback.

By Neha J

Jul 28, 2021

I​t was a well paced course. Though for people who are reviewing the stories, i find that i wasnt very helpful when it come to evaluating the story and i felt those who rated my stories were not very critcal. they probably didnt know how to be. I feel for a course like this there should be an instructor evaluating the assignments. otherwise this course isnt very useful!

By Veronica K

Jul 19, 2021

The videos are useful, but the peer-graded system of assignments is not. I don't think that the feedback from people with the same (or worse) writing skills is in any way helpful. I've had to review very poorly written pieces, and I don't think that being reviewed by their authors in return can enhance my writing skills.

By Sofía G M

Aug 6, 2020

I feel like, even though it is a course about PLOT, they should give you suggestions and advice when it comes to developing other parts of your story (characters, for example). Also, I think there should be multiple SHORTER activities for us to practice more instead of just one HUGE assignment at the end of each lesson

By Jennifer G

Aug 16, 2020

The pre-recorded lessons were good, but the assignments were unhelpful, as the peer critique process is highly flawed. Students need opportunities for professional critiques and face-to-face encounters with a cohort or associate professor...someone with some credentials or skin in the game.

By Paulo S

Mar 29, 2016

I hope the instructions were cleary and not too vague that it was open to many interpretation. An example would have helped and the rubrics/criteria for grading should have been shown beforehand so students would be guided what points they would consider when making their piece.

By Akshat J

Jul 1, 2020

Not all assignments were related to what was covered in the lectures, they were actually quite random. I enjoyed the course but I think I would have learned much more had this not just been about the very basics and discussing film plots! We already know that

By Rachel C

Apr 17, 2021

Did not find this course engaging, definitely struggled to finish

By Kathleen B

Jun 27, 2019

I completed my four assignments...I reviewed the work of others. Every time I log in I get a message that tells me I can finish in another two hours.... Finish what? I think I am finished, and can't find what more is required. I contacted Coursera. I chatted...the lady told me I was finished and that I would get a grade. I haven't gotten a grade.

So I'm out of here. I loved the coursework. It was excellent. I absolutely hate the website. Udemy works!

By Song L

Oct 27, 2020

I only wanted to try the course but was charged $49 and non refundable! as soon as I heard the instructor started to talk about Harry Potter I was not interested and wanted to quit. Why was I charged $49 and cannot unenroll, and found nowhere to contact Coursera for refund?! This is cheating.

By Kirollos s

Jun 8, 2021

It unfortunately didn't help me as it didn't show any kind of helpful methodology to follow.

By Natalia M O

Apr 13, 2021

Me quiero dar de baja y no encuentro cómo hacerlo. Me pueden ayudar por favor.

By Prasad S J