Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot, Wesleyan University

About this Course

By LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

By MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

534 Reviews

By Sandra Ding

Jan 13, 2019

The course has been really helpful. I enjoy learning here.

By Shelby zaglin

Jan 12, 2019

I found this course very helpful and informative. I was not very good at plot and determining what my plots where before I took this.

By Esmatullah Sahebdil

Jan 10, 2019

I loved this course. I still refer to it. This course has been brilliantly designed and triggers you to follow it without a stop.

By Famutimi Oluwafemi

Jan 09, 2019

It was easy to relate to and was comprehensible

By BELEM LEZAMA

Jan 08, 2019

Un curso excelente. He aprendido a organizar la estructura de mis textos literarios y a hacer revisiones significativas. Gracias COURSERA por esta oportunidad.

By Timothy Tschurjumov

Jan 05, 2019

Really interesting!

By MAGZ MORGAN

Jan 04, 2019

LOVED IT. Very practical and grounding. Inspiring too.

By Jeff

Jan 02, 2019

The lectures and prompts were excellent, but I didn't find the peer reviews to provide me any insightful feedback. I got mostly brief answers, and I feel peer reviews are the most advantageous way to grow as a writer. Perhaps add a way to grade peer reviews to ensure the proper effort is given?

Also, the mobile app is buggy and really could use an update.

By Inés Kucharz

Dec 30, 2018

The course was very interesting, gave me a lot of ideas, and helped me to see my way to trying to write something longer. The one thing I found not so good was the 'shop-talk' with the instructors of the other creative writing classes. There was too much repetition (if you do all these classes). It would be more interesting to hear OTHER people, writers, and also editors (another point of view).

Also, for ALL these classes, I'd appreciate more tasks. The tasks are interesting and help, so more would be great.

By Kathy Kaiser

Dec 26, 2018

This was the first Creative Writing course that I have ever taken and I thought it was fun and good a teaching the basics.