Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

201 - 225 of 876 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Judy W W J

Oct 03, 2018

I have learned a great deal from this course and will use the skills learned to continue advancing my writing skills. Thank you Brando. Your teaching materials have been of invaluable use.

By Gao G

Oct 06, 2016

I have learned a lot from this course. I appreciate the good instruction from Professor Skyhorse as well as the encouragement, constructive advice and critique from my lovely classmates .

By Chris D

Jan 30, 2020

Good assignments, they don't let you rely on writings you've done in the past. Also, concrete advice that all beginning writers should follow. You aren't Faulkner yet, learn the basics.

By Grace H

May 11, 2018

This is an excellent overview course, with a luxury of specific guidance from published authors. It really helped focus my thoughts as I'm attempting to write my first book late in life.

By Bruna E d M C

May 12, 2020

This course is enriching. You can learn many things about the creative process. Even if you have no intention of writing a book, it can be a good option to learn how to unravel a story.

By Gregory H

Oct 22, 2019

Brando was insightful and clear in his explanations. The course was easy to follow and had excellent interviews with other writers. I feel like I learned a lot from taking this course.

By Tom K

Jun 01, 2020

The course has given me an excellent structure and practice for writing basic scenes. I would be interested another course which talks about putting scenes together for a larger work.

By Masha Y

Feb 09, 2018

Very grateful to Brando and the team of guest writers for this course, you managed to break down the craft of plot so that even first time "writers" like myself were quite successful.

By David H

Jun 18, 2016

This was a great way to get started writing again after a long time. The videos were engaging and full of good information. It's good to see and hear real authors talk about the work.

By Debra T

May 24, 2018

So many valuable lessons to be learned here about how plot should logically unfold in your story. I will be reviewing the lectures again to constantly improve my writing. Thank you!

By Shaunak S

Apr 28, 2020

A great course for beginners and aspiring writers. Each and every lessongives you a better understanding about how a plot is written, and what are the various parts included in it.

By Alice H

Feb 16, 2017

I liked that the bulk of time spent was practicing writing. I learned many things like the elements of a strong scene, how setting plays a role, and the 5-act structure of a story.

By Michele S

Apr 01, 2016

Great course. I just audited it but even the audit content was very helpful. You'll have to pay for peer review, but I just wanted to learn about plot and this course delivered. :)

By Dr. M S K

Apr 28, 2020

Excellent !!

The content and explanation is awesome , and the assignments adds the rest to your learning, thank you Wesleyan University and thanks to Coursera for this opportunity.

By Anmol S

Mar 30, 2016

fabulous course with lot of do's and don'ts... and an inspirational guide and techniques for a startup writer or a beginer. course with its full content , quality and knowledge .

By Darci C

Jun 01, 2016

Prof. Skyhorse has a kind, engaging face and mannerisms. The course was well organized and free of technical issues- wish I could say the same thing about Coursera in general!

By aseema s

Mar 22, 2019

Amazing instructor and very easy to understand with step by step assignments which make the task at hand easier. Great course to get started with the technicalities of writing

By Emily L

Nov 24, 2017

I learned so much from this course. Brando's videos were very clear with identifiable takeaways and assignments that were very much in keeping with the lessons in each module.

By Esther M

Nov 01, 2016

This is a good course and a good series. It has been very helpful for me in terms of learning to be a writer and in terms of asking myself what kind of a writer I want to be.

By AJ H

May 07, 2020

Overall it's a really good/comprehensive course for a beginner. I'm a big fan of peer reviews so that was lovely. Also, the guest interviews were really engaging and helpful.

By eileen p

Sep 10, 2019

I enjoy the practical and thoughtful teaching as well as the assignments. They work for me as a beginner and I have loads of information to practice and play with. Thank you!

By Daniel O

Dec 13, 2018

In the last days of learning this course (not done yet) I feel my fears of venturing into fiction writing leaving. The content of the course is good. The delivery is spot on.

By 张凯

Apr 30, 2016

This course is very interesting and easily to understand for beginner just like me. And through read the stories of other students, I learned more and find my disadvantages.

By Mert G G

Aug 10, 2018

This section gave me a whole new perspective on plot structure. The lectures and discussions were to the point and definitely increased my passion for writing all the more.

By Ave G

Jul 23, 2017

I loved everything about this course: the interviews with other authors, reviewing other's work, Brando's way of explaining made it easy to understand and apply to my work.