Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

SD

Jul 14, 2020

It seems easy at the start; give it a week or two and you will be very surprised -- with yourself and your reaction to the feedback.\n\nThe instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

201 - 225 of 1,072 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Poletskaya S

Nov 15, 2019

I enjoyed this course, I've learnt many new things I didn't know about. I also really enjoyed peers' feedback, as it gave me the chance to see what I write from the other perspective. Overall it is very useful and productive.

By Aditya R

Aug 16, 2020

Very nice course by Brando Skyhorse. A perfect gateway to the world of Creative Writing. It starts from basics and elevates gently to a point where you certainly realize you have evolved over the course. Thank you for this!

By Doğanay Ç

Jul 13, 2020

The teacher was awesome. He taught so well with great examples and he seemed like the best teacher to me. I also enjoyed so much on his Shop Talk videos. The conversation was so fun and full of new data. Thank you so much.

By Mira K

Jul 05, 2019

I loved this course, the instructor was really good and I learned a lot. He explained things really well by using examples from well-known books and discussions with other authors. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Mewen W

Mar 17, 2020

This course really helps me a lot. Writing has been my passion ever since and I really want to do well until I am confident enough to publish my works. I learned from the instructors, especially explaining the structures.

By Tugce K

Oct 08, 2016

Thank you for the valuable information and providing the listener with plenty of examples, making it easier to follow and understand. I really enjoyed listening to the interviews and the explanations given in this course.

By Dorothy

Apr 05, 2020

This is one of the best courses in this specialisation after craft of character. He really hits the basic of plotting and structure and explains the easest method of creating a plot, the ABDCE method. Highly recommended!

By Marc G

Sep 08, 2020

As strange as it may sound, this course was easy to binge. The videos were packed with info, but of an ideal duration. The assignments built on the course material organically, but grew more challenging - in a good way.

By Bardell P

Oct 04, 2020

I loved the way that it was delivered. I looked forward every time to my reviews..at first, I was really nervous for the first one because I've never really had anyone read my stuff but after that, it was encouraging.

By DELISIA J M

Aug 26, 2020

This is such a useful course to take especially if you are new to all of this. I used to write before this but this helped me understand the difference between a plot and how I can work to turn my concepts into plots.

By Laura M C

Aug 29, 2018

Loved it. Enjoyed the materials and the assignments immensely. The only thing I , let's say, dislike is that we have no feedback from an instructor. Although it is not a realistic request, I know, I still wished it.

By Angela F

Aug 16, 2016

Clean, succinct, and clear explanation of the fundamentals of successful plot structure and movement. I appreciated the warm, encouraging manner of the instructor, and found the assignments well designed and helpful.

By Thomas M

Sep 16, 2020

I enjoyed the course and learned quite a lot. Professor Brando is one of a kind. I love his style and exposition, very clear and very easy to follow. I hope to meet him in person one day. Thank you for this course.

By Isabel A d M M

Aug 24, 2020

Useful and practical information, to-the-point format, interesting activities and helpful feedback from peers. I even cried while the Professor was conducting a heartfelt reading. Very sweet. I highly recommend it.

By Melinda

Jul 02, 2018

This was an excellent course. The amount of work was just right, and it gave me a strong foundation for creative writing. I really enjoyed the writing assignments, as well has giving and receiving feedback on them.

By KONSTANTINA G

Jun 18, 2018

The most important of the 4 courses in terms of setting the basis. As usual, the only problem was having to wait for someone to review my work (10 days) in order to finish the course... but hey, that's´s how it is.

By Daniel P

Jun 27, 2018

I throughly enjoyed the task and challenge of writing such a short story using the prescribed words in specifically designed structure. I hope I was up to the task and cannot wait to see the response to my effort.

By Edith G B O

Jan 03, 2020

Curso intensivo sobre como redactar un texto creativo. Todas las lecciones ayudan a impulsar y mejorar los aspectos creativos de la narración. Quedo muy contenta de los resultados que tuve al estar en este curso.

By Aiden T N

Nov 10, 2016

I loved this course and the assignments were really putting every section to work right away.

I wish that at least one of my papers would have been reviewed by Brando... but maybe that will happen in the capstone.

By Janet S

Jul 20, 2017

I found this to be a challenging - and very eye-opening - course. I really enjoyed the instructor's style. I recommend this course to anyone who either wants to write or is already writing and wants to improve.

By Umme K

Aug 24, 2019

A very effective course to learn creative writing. I have surely improved my skills in terms of writing. Thank you for all the valuable things i have learned. Looking forward for the next part of this course.

By jorge E v D j

Feb 04, 2020

Es un curso excelente que amplía el panorama en la escritura de un relato. Es una guía en el trayecto de la estructura como se conforman las historias. Las clases y el instructor son muy amenos y asertivos.

By Karen R

Nov 02, 2018

I can't say which one of the courses was the best, as I learned so much from each of them. It's been a while since I've taken this course and I'm sure if I took it again, would learn even more. Thank you!

By Laura C

Mar 28, 2017

It is a really good introduction to writing, I love it. The format of the course is excellent for virtual studies, the time periods are good for completing the assignments combine with every day activities.

By Andrea R H

Jun 23, 2020

Brando Skyhorse is such a great teacher! I loved this course through and through, I really feel like I'm improving my writing and it's helping me with the novels I'm currently working on. A million thanks!