Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

226 - 250 of 627 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Loic C L

Dec 01, 2017

so aspirational and practical !

By Natascha M P

Aug 25, 2017

This course managed to open me up to my creative writing side after a long period of feeling blocked and being stuck.

By Sasha M

Aug 02, 2016

Putting aside the use of the Coursera apps on Ipad and Iphone (which are beyond awful and made the experience of taking this course utterly frustrating), this course was outstanding. The student will be given sold information on how to organize, structure, and edit a story. All of the material was approachable and extremely useful.

By Lilian S

Sep 26, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I learned so much and i feel like it's helped me grow as a writer.

By Lana M

Mar 08, 2016

Brando Skyhorse was my favorite Professor. It was extremely helpful and will be wonderful for the capstone project.

By Akanksha K

Sep 27, 2017

A really nice, easy to follow and well paced course. I'm a beginner at creative with a long lasting love for literature. By the end of this course I was able to write a complete story which was at least a one time good read. Not bad for a rookie :)

By Stanley R

Feb 20, 2016

Really professional and fun!

By Alina L

Feb 12, 2016

All the videos contain necessary information. The assignments are clear and very well structured. It is really a great course!

By Anmol S

Mar 30, 2016

fabulous course with lot of do's and don'ts... and an inspirational guide and techniques for a startup writer or a beginer. course with its full content , quality and knowledge .

By Jennifer D S

Jun 07, 2016

Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot is simply one of the best video courses I have found on the subject. Easy to follow, great examples, clearly explained, engaging presentations and assignments, tips from the experts; all those things made this one course I couldn't "put down". Brando Skyhorse comes across as a phenomenal teacher who really knows his subject and truly cares about it, that alone makes the course worth watching. I will definitely be referring back to this again. Keep an eye on the dedication should my novel ever hit the shelves!

By Mariana P

Feb 15, 2017

Excellent way to start diving into the awesome adventure that is creative writing. The structure of the course is laid out nicely for all learners - both beginners and more advance. Highly recommend it if you want to start learning more about writing.

By Muwaffaq S

Jun 17, 2018

Good starting module that gives some simple techniques to improve writing. Not too easy and not too hard. I am doing the second unit based on the strength of the first

By Chloé B

Mar 17, 2016

Very interesting course and good advices! =)

By 张凯

Apr 30, 2016

This course is very interesting and easily to understand for beginner just like me. And through read the stories of other students, I learned more and find my disadvantages.

By G P

Oct 27, 2016

Very informative course. I enjoyed doing the assignments and reading my peers write ups

Apr 23, 2017

Great class. Inspired me to keep at my writing. Thank you!

By Melissa S W

Apr 13, 2017

This is a great course. Although I have an MFA in Writing already, I learned valuable skills from this course.

By Sudeshna G

May 28, 2017

Wonderful course. I really liked all the chapters and the way the craft of the plot is taught. Th

By Ave G

Jul 23, 2017

I loved everything about this course: the interviews with other authors, reviewing other's work, Brando's way of explaining made it easy to understand and apply to my work.

By benard o o

Oct 06, 2017

A great guide to any aspiring writer and thespian. The course gives a new approach in understanding the basic fundamentals to get you charged for your get go in writing. It might seem challenging at some point but once you pass the threshold where you are about to give up you realize how simpler the journey becomes.

By Jacobo F G

May 09, 2018

very interesting and easy to follow. Clear ans short videos are welcome.

By Tina M

Jul 26, 2017

I thought this was a great class. Highly recommend it.

By David H

Aug 11, 2017

This course is not easy and really opened my eyes to the dedication and understanding of what a writer is all about. Being assessed by my peers was the most useful for me, nothing better than to hear if ya got something or not. Thanks, I plan on continuing with my studies and become a very successful writer.

By Jeffrey C

Jun 05, 2017

This is a great course and instructed very well. I like that it is all done in video sessions. I have had too many courses with other organizations that sell a course that is just written material that you can get on Amazon in a few books for $4.99...

By Manoranjan M

Feb 16, 2017

This course improved my writing skills in a tangible way - I will apply it both for my aspiration to become a writer as well as to express myself better at work. My main improvement is in structure and understanding more about editing process, getting rid of unnecessary part of the outcome.