Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

SD

Jul 14, 2020

It seems easy at the start; give it a week or two and you will be very surprised -- with yourself and your reaction to the feedback.\n\nThe instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

126 - 150 of 1,072 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By benard o o

Oct 06, 2017

A great guide to any aspiring writer and thespian. The course gives a new approach in understanding the basic fundamentals to get you charged for your get go in writing. It might seem challenging at some point but once you pass the threshold where you are about to give up you realize how simpler the journey becomes.

By Liliane M

Jul 01, 2017

I have in these four weeks, learned far more than I expected, and my eyes have been opened up to a whole new world, A big thank you to Brando Skyhorse, but also to the wonderful mentors, that helps guide us through the in's and out's of the challenges, which face us, from used the homepage, to doing our assignments.

By Tania M

Sep 11, 2020

Me encanta este curso. Aprendí muchísimo y ahora he comenzado a corregir una de mis novelas. Te dan una base sólida para que tu escritura avance. Sólo a los compañeros le hace falta opinar con mayor objetividad sobre los trabajos enviados; pero en sí, si pones en practica lo explicado tendrás resultados positivos.

By Christian M

Jan 15, 2020

Very interesting. I was totally new to the concept of creative writing - though I'm an avid reader and write a lot at work, but mostly on technical subjects - and it was enlightening to learn a bit about the mechanisms which help building truly believable, entertaining stories. I recommend this course, definitely.

By Crystal C

Mar 18, 2018

Thank you professors for your time creating this course. It really empowered my writing... I've written over 100k words since starting this course. I gained the confidence to just start writing and not to worry about making it perfect the first time. Loved this course and have recommended to others. God bless you!

By PallaviPandavula

Sep 30, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course. The insights and carefully crafted assignments helped me write better than I have ever imagined. This course unleashed my writing abilities. I feel happy that I took this course. Peers gave me valuable feedback and also lot of love & encouragement, which truly boosted my confidence.

By LAVANYAH A A

Jul 10, 2020

It's thrilling to have people read your work and tell you what they think. The best part for me was reading what others have written. Once or twice, I was unable to write the things that I could write best because of the parameters given by the assignment question. It was a challenge but I discovered my weakness.

By Rebecca D

Aug 20, 2016

I absolutely loved this class. I found this course fun, interesting and informative. I feel that I have a better understanding on how to create interesting characters and how to make scene's that captivate and hold a reader's attention. I would highly recommend this class to anyone who has an interest in writing.

By Poiema D

Jun 28, 2019

I learned a lot from this course because it required people to communicate with each other and be inspired by other people's work. Although I gave this five stars, I think there could be a more efficient note system. One thing I don't like about it is how you cannot take notes when at full screen in the videos.

By Marianna M G

Nov 07, 2018

Curso de alto nível. Excelente para em especial, novos escritores e também, para escritores já experientes que queiram revisar e aprender ainda mais. Incrível! Mais ainda, pois temos a possibilidade de sermos analisados nas atividades após finalização das Semanas e também analisar trabalhos de outros colegas.

By David H

Aug 11, 2017

This course is not easy and really opened my eyes to the dedication and understanding of what a writer is all about. Being assessed by my peers was the most useful for me, nothing better than to hear if ya got something or not. Thanks, I plan on continuing with my studies and become a very successful writer.

By Hawra F A

Aug 08, 2020

Short and sweet! I really loved the case study thing at the start of the course. I loved the interviews with authors. What you need to know is that this course consists of peer-reviewed assignments each week. So, you need to put effort into reviewing others' work so that the community as a whole improves :)

By Kateryna N

Mar 10, 2017

This course is amazing because it really helps a lot. I've greatly improved my writing and discovered a new world of important structures that are very useful and make the writing process easier. This Creative Writing course is very helpful and I'm looking forward to completing the specialization. Thanks ;)

By Niranjan k

Dec 07, 2019

This course is amazing. It teaches you the nuts and bolts of storytelling. I'm amazed at the kind of stories I'm able to come up with after completing this course. Once you understand structure, the rest is easy. Highly recommend it. I personally feel wealthier after doing this course. Thank you, Brando.

By Kecia M R

Mar 12, 2016

I expected to hear the usual "show don't tell" mantra that I have heard in other fiction writing courses. Instead I learned the one thing that makes that statement make sense to me. I learned what they mean when someone says "show don't tell" and then I learned how to do it. Thank you Brando Skyhorse.

By Braden D

Jul 26, 2019

Every week, with every video and assignment, i learned so much. The valuable information was easy and clear to understand and yet still challenging to put into practice which made the assignments so effective. As a result of this course i definitely have a stronger understanding of writing and plot.

By Cynthia E M

Sep 11, 2020

This course forced me to think both more creatively and far more strategically, within my writing. I appreciated the "conversations" with other writers as well. I also enjoyed the teaching style of our instructor; the "21 Points" along with the ABDCE modules were particularly helpful!

Thank you!

By E

Apr 03, 2017

Thank you Mister B. Skyhorse for organizing this introduction to creative writing and for sharing your many years of work in the field of writing. It is quite an achievement to be proud of. The material of the course is very informative and a great guideline. Thank you for sharing. Best Wishes.

By Roy N

Jan 01, 2018

I have been writing for a while now, but always felt like I could do better, like I was missing the fundamentals. This course made that pretty apparent then went about filling in some of my gaps. I recommend this course. It was eye-opening in the best of ways and it has made me a better writer.

By Maryam H

Aug 10, 2020

This course by Wesleyan University is an outstanding opportunity to polish your writing skills. I had a great time learning new techniques and ideas from learned professionals. The best part about the course was the peer review system that helped me to gain feedback in the most welcoming way.

By Collins, J B

Jul 07, 2020

I really appreciated this course! It gave incredible insight into the craft of a story in a digestible, smooth manner. The exercises and peer reviews for each portion of the course were also very creative and really flexed the skills of each lesson, while giving authors a space for feedback.

By Manoranjan M

Feb 16, 2017

This course improved my writing skills in a tangible way - I will apply it both for my aspiration to become a writer as well as to express myself better at work. My main improvement is in structure and understanding more about editing process, getting rid of unnecessary part of the outcome.

By Afifa E

Apr 22, 2020

The course is short but it hits all the points needed in creating a plot. I also find the shop talk very insightful and gave me perspectives outside of the course material. The teacher summarizes it nicely and the course is very easy to follow. The assignments are also fun and challenging.

By Vatsala S

Jul 21, 2020

A great course to structure your works and realize the importance of setting and description in making a scene come alive. I enjoyed it and would love to go for further courses in this specialization. I thank the instructor for making it readily available to learners across the world.

By Nisarg S

Aug 16, 2018

The course is precisely designed and gives ample amount of information regarding the plot. This course has given me enough details about the plot and its structure in detail with different types and methods, that I can now write my own novel about which I was procrastinating a lot.