Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

126 - 150 of 876 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Ashish N

Jun 10, 2020

The guidance and teaching received throughout the course was lucid,informative and well structured. In a lot of way it provided much needed confidence required for a beginner as myself and to make me fall in love of writing fiction and give a sense of belief that i can do it.

By sepas h

Dec 14, 2018

the way Amy Bloom describes the process of creating the characters and throws the light on even the simplest questions you would want to ask before doing it is so inspiring. and of course the shop talks are incredibly informative, and a great chance no one can afford to miss.

By Emma F

Jan 05, 2020

I have a very technical mind, so I really appreciated the way the lecturer, Brando Skyhorse, broke down the method for writing a good plot. Completing this course, and seeing what I was able to write because of it, makes me excited to complete the rest of the specialization!

By Chittaranjan O k

Jul 08, 2020

This course is something extraordinary. You get many things to learn. I would thank this course leader Brando Skyhorse for explaining such a complex topic in simple language and by giving variety of examples which are relatable to this new generation. Thank you Coursera.

By leslie s

Sep 29, 2016

Great class! Simple and direct. Brando Skyhorse has a great demeanor and very open and warm. Very encouraging. The assignments were clear and manageable and yet challenging. Stimulating to push past my comfort zone. Definitely recommend it! Thanks so much, Brando!

By Jeanne B

Nov 04, 2018

wonderfully set up. I can follow and do at my own page and learn so much at the same time. Its structure keeps me going and the extended deadlines are a very useful feature... so is the price of the subscription, as it does keep me from going too far off off deadlines.

By Sachit M

Outstanding course for anyone who wants to write anything. I love writing, and recently someone told me to get trained and become a bettwe writer. I found this course and loved it. Brando is an amazing instructor. Just his presence makes you feel calm. And his looks!

By Ole D J

Feb 19, 2018

Awesome course.

Can feel the missing pieces slowly fall together in my writing for every assignment.

So happy this and the following courses were made available on Coursera.

Will mention the author as well as this course in my first book if I manage to get it published.

By Ramsha T

Apr 21, 2020

This course has helped me in many ways to understand that how a plot should work. Before this, I ised to get very confuse about the structuring of story to make sense out of it but this course has helped me learn pattern with which I can make any plot make sense.

By Karena A

Dec 23, 2019

This is not your run-of-the mill writing course. Brandon is a gifted teacher and the content and activities opened up new ideas for me. I learned some additional ways to look at story. The format also allows communication among students, which is very valuable.

By Alicia S

Jul 05, 2016

I didn't take this class for credit, I took this class as a refresher. The professor gave a lot of good information and I really enjoyed the class. I enjoyed the class so much, I would take it again. Please recommend a book for the next class. Good class!

By Michael Y

Dec 17, 2018

This course has been a godsend to further develop my skill in the art of creative writing.

Thank you, Brando. This course has been incredible, inspiring, and foundational to my future.

Whoever wishes to advance their creative writing; this course is for you.

By Jeffrey C

Jun 05, 2017

This is a great course and instructed very well. I like that it is all done in video sessions. I have had too many courses with other organizations that sell a course that is just written material that you can get on Amazon in a few books for $4.99...

By Juanita J

Aug 12, 2017

Very enjoyable course, challenging assignment, and a great instructor. The course content was well organized and presented. Brandon Skyhorse's presentations were well done and concise making his lessons easy to comprehend. Thanks for a great course!

By Arslan B

Apr 27, 2020

Thanks, tons, Wesleyan University, and Professor Brando Skyhorse. I loved the first course, The Craft of Plot, in the Creative Writing Specialization. I learned from this course, and I hope to learn some more from the remaining courses in this series.

By Chiam Y W

Jul 17, 2018

Very well broken down into bite sized and easily digested information on what a plot is to tips on drafting a plot. The assignments tied in directly with the content taught each week which really help to further deepen the understanding and learning.

By Mariana P

Feb 15, 2017

Excellent way to start diving into the awesome adventure that is creative writing. The structure of the course is laid out nicely for all learners - both beginners and more advance. Highly recommend it if you want to start learning more about writing.

By David Y

Apr 06, 2020

This was a highly useful — and not at all broad — delve into the things that really make and break creative writing. A short and well-crafted program that highlights issues in writing with the solutions best suited for creative writers of all levels.

By Akanksha K

Sep 27, 2017

A really nice, easy to follow and well paced course. I'm a beginner at creative with a long lasting love for literature. By the end of this course I was able to write a complete story which was at least a one time good read. Not bad for a rookie :)

By Vasileia

Sep 13, 2017

Great course! It really helps you realize the basics of plot and the requirements for writing a good book. Very analytical and easy to follow. Also the projects were very helpful as well as the feedback received form the peers. Highly reccomended!

By Tabitha R B

Jul 18, 2018

Really easy to follow, each writing assignment was a great challenge (the trickiest one was week three's). I took lots of notes, and will be referring back to them often with each writing project I take on (including the two series I'm writing).

By Yana D

Jun 06, 2020

This course gave me an understanding of what a right and interesting book should look like. The course not only clearly reads how a writer should design his book, but also what thoughts should be in his head. Thank you for this wonderful course!

By Salma H

Feb 12, 2019

Exceptional! This course has helped me with sourcing ideas, organizing my writing and developing a keener eye for structure in my stories. Thank you so much for this opportunity, and I'm looking forward to the next courses in the specialization!

By Neil D

Apr 29, 2017

This course took me one step closer to my goal to becoming a good writer. The material was presented clearly and efficiently. I liked the implementation of the peer review system and I found the ability to go at my own pace extremely gratifying.

By Abiola O

Feb 03, 2017

I had tried my hands at writing before, but this course gave a better grounding in the skills of writing a story. I feel more confident now . The module presentations were interesting and I particularly liked the interviews accomplished authors.