Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

151 - 175 of 624 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Ibrahim N

Nov 11, 2016

An excellent course which will lead you to the significant entrance into creative writing. I am a beginner writer and I think this course helped me a lot to understand the general philosophy and some methods in creative writing. I strongly recommend this course to every person who is interested in any kind of text writing.

By Crystal M

Mar 19, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It had a lot of concrete advice, and motivated me to start writing again. The assignments made sense, and gave me a list of things to look for when editing the draft.

By Alejandro M G M

Mar 13, 2018

Very interesting, and very hard to achieve a good grade, therefore challenging. Loved it.

By Beckie M

Sep 14, 2017

This was a great start to the creative writing specialization! The videos only took up about 30 minutes per week and most of the time was focused on writing and doing peer reviews. That was good in the sense that it didn't take up too much of my time and felt very do-able, but I think the course could benefit from some more instruction or learning content (even if it's not required). The instructor was great!

By joanne m

Oct 22, 2017

This is a great class I learned a lot.

By Jorge T

Jun 25, 2016

Great course, doesn't take much time and you can learn a lot about writing.

By Jillian K

Dec 06, 2017

This course was an excellent combination of basics and simple intense assignments to practice the concepts learned. I enjoyed every course in the Creative Writing Specialization. Thank you!

By adriene j

Jan 05, 2018

Great teacher, wonderful, vivid examples, satisfyingly challenging assignments!

By Andelka Z

Mar 05, 2016

just amazing and helpful. thank you from the <3

By Beth K

Jun 20, 2016

I audited this course so I was locked out of submitting assignments; however, I would recommend this course to any creative writing beginner (like myself). The course was well organized and concise and the concepts were clear. It was easy to apply the concept to the assignments and I was surprised at what I was able to write as a result of auditing this course.

By Ashwin

Oct 30, 2016

Superb Course

By maria g c

Apr 09, 2018

I enjoyed this course, because it gives a good insight to the tecnique of crafting a plot. I will certainly keep the suggestions precious for my own writing!

By Masha Y

Feb 09, 2018

Very grateful to Brando and the team of guest writers for this course, you managed to break down the craft of plot so that even first time "writers" like myself were quite successful.

By Andrés L

Feb 20, 2016

It was very clear, nice, entertaining and it looks like the professor has lots of knowledge in the scope of writing.

By Divya M B

Mar 17, 2016

Agradezco mucho haber tenido la oportunidad de participar de esta primera parte del curso, que ha resultado ser mejor de lo que imaginé. Es un curso de gran contenido, explicado de forma muy clara y sencilla. A lo largo de este mes he notado una gran mejoría en la forma en que ordeno mis ideas, en el desarrollo de la creatividad, en el manejo de la disciplina, etc. Deseo continuar con este curso hasta el final y lo recomiendo a todos aquellos interesados en el arte de la creación literaria.

By Rebecca D

Aug 20, 2016

I absolutely loved this class. I found this course fun, interesting and informative. I feel that I have a better understanding on how to create interesting characters and how to make scene's that captivate and hold a reader's attention. I would highly recommend this class to anyone who has an interest in writing.

By Marian F

Oct 12, 2016

A good course that I would recommend to everyone that want to follow a career in creative writing or to improve their passion.

It helped me to acknowledge things that you have to take in account when writing a book.I could not imagine some of this things when I was thinking about an action,and,how to put it on paper and sound good for the reader.

The assignments are very good and you can also complete them in audit only mode , but only for yourself , no one will revive you.

It`s not that easy to write something when you don`t know much things about the structures , how to build a character and so on , but , here you have everything you need and it`s free.

I finished the course in audit only mode but if you have the possibility to buy it , don`t hesitate.

By Peter P

Sep 18, 2016

Perfect basic information for me. Thanks a lot

By Lisa B

Oct 09, 2017

Great course! Great real life advice!

By Crystal C

Mar 18, 2018

Thank you professors for your time creating this course. It really empowered my writing... I've written over 100k words since starting this course. I gained the confidence to just start writing and not to worry about making it perfect the first time. Loved this course and have recommended to others. God bless you!

By Yasir K

Mar 17, 2016

This is priceless.

By Warren P

Aug 30, 2017

This class helped me a lot. I learned how to structure my stories and get the mechanics right, so they follow the arc they should. I also learned to show and not tell.

By Jolanta T

Jun 26, 2017

Great course and very informative. Thank you !!!

By Khemchand S

Dec 22, 2016

Very challenging, engaging, fun and for new writers its covers the basics. I learned a lot.

By Marianna Z

Jan 14, 2017

Very good course. Since I've only done the audit I haven't practiced with the assignments (probably going to do so on my own time with a friend though).