Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

176 - 200 of 640 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Rohan V

May 29, 2016

Very good lessons to learn

By Tere F

Feb 10, 2016

The instructor really gives the nitty-gritty of how to write a plot that will intrigue readers. He explains what a plot is (and it may not be what you think! The assignment is much harder than it looks! Believe me, it took three days for me to get mine done, sign of a good assignment as I can typically write 250 words in a snap (this review for example!). If you want to write, this is a good beginning.

By Jenny J G L

Feb 16, 2018

Very interesting course. I've learned a lot.

By Susan W

Nov 02, 2016

Just great information and technique learned in this class.

By Lori B C

Jan 19, 2017

This course was excellent. Brando is an incredible teacher, passionate, engaging and knowledgable. I learned a tremendous amount about plotting it out from this class - in fact, one of the benefits I got is that some level of intimidation I had about building a plot was alleviated. The lectures, materials and exercises were all so useful and absolutely thought provoking. Thanks!

By Chew W Y

Jun 22, 2016

Great course and foundational skills! Enjoyed the lectures!

By José A C R

Apr 13, 2017

A great course, I profited more from this course than from the other Creative Writing courses. Totally recommended.

By Kang i

Mar 01, 2016

great lesson to

By arya k s

Oct 14, 2017

Its a great course. Simple, precise great and useful.

By Sukrit S

Mar 15, 2018

Really good course.

By Sasha K C

Apr 04, 2018

This course got me off on the right foot in writing. It gives specific structure on elements of a good plot. There is no failing, just constructive review of your work by your peers. Very good course

By Lori B B (

Nov 29, 2017

I enjoyed this segment, but I wish there had been more about plot structure and outlining.

By William I H

Sep 12, 2017

The course gave me information and practical new ways of looking at structure and plot that I'm sure are already helping to make me a better writer. Thanks.

By Shruthi S

Jun 07, 2018

amazing

By Neha A

Jan 17, 2018

amazing course. I got a a fresh, clear perspective towards better expression.

By Margarita

Aug 15, 2017

A lot of interesting information. Really happy to be here.

By Ridhi R

Mar 12, 2018

I love this course! It has given me a lot of information that will come in handy when developing my own stories and ideas. The videos are crisp and to the point, yet wonderfully detailed to open up my thinking possibilities and imagination.

By Federico B S

May 30, 2018

I liked this course a lot. It helped me get a better sense of the formal structure of narrative and what each part of a story is supposed to achieve. The exercises are great. The constraints the instructor set for them make them useful tools for grasping the concepts he explained during each module. Make sure you stick to the instructions and just try to have fun.

By Prem K

Mar 29, 2018

Great insight and instruction! The information on structuring scenes, revision, and how each chapter should be formed was VERY helpful

By Erica R

Apr 30, 2018

I thought this course was very good in breaking down the basics. I learned a lot of helpful information. I highly recommend it, especially for those new to the writing craft.

As a suggestion, it would have been helpful to know all assignments are peer reviewed. Meaning you are responsible for not only writing your homework, but critiquing 3 others as well. Some how I missed this in the course description. You are not done until your reviews are done, then you can move on. If you are like me and don't have the type of job where you can write or even view your course while working, this can be time consuming. Especially when the reviews you need to submit have a deadline. Sometimes it doesn't take much time. Other times writers submit a thesis when the assignment limit was 500 words. Those take much longer. If you are pressed for time, it can be quite frustrating.

By Cecilia F

Aug 27, 2017

Highly inspiring, comprehensive and interesting course. I learned a lot from the interesting lectures and talks, and was challenged to develop as a writer. The level of the assignments worked well for the timeframe, and the peer reviewing added a lot of new insights. I would really recommend this course and am looking forward to next module.

By Bhavika D

Oct 05, 2017

Very helpful and interesting ! Thank you so much.

By Yvette H

Oct 24, 2017

The ABDCE approach opened my eyes. Now its easy for me to structure my stories.

By Otavio G

Nov 23, 2017

Great course! I learned a lot and I enjoyed taking the classes.

By Nolizwe M

Jan 18, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. The assignments were challenging and pushed me to think outside the box. I most appreciated receiving feedback from peers, and also seeing how they applied new lessons/skills. I highly recommend this course!