Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

176 - 200 of 876 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Edith G B O

Jan 03, 2020

Curso intensivo sobre como redactar un texto creativo. Todas las lecciones ayudan a impulsar y mejorar los aspectos creativos de la narración. Quedo muy contenta de los resultados que tuve al estar en este curso.

By Aiden T N

Nov 10, 2016

I loved this course and the assignments were really putting every section to work right away.

I wish that at least one of my papers would have been reviewed by Brando... but maybe that will happen in the capstone.

By Janet S

Jul 20, 2017

I found this to be a challenging - and very eye-opening - course. I really enjoyed the instructor's style. I recommend this course to anyone who either wants to write or is already writing and wants to improve.

By Umme K

Aug 24, 2019

A very effective course to learn creative writing. I have surely improved my skills in terms of writing. Thank you for all the valuable things i have learned. Looking forward for the next part of this course.

By jorge E v D j

Feb 04, 2020

Es un curso excelente que amplía el panorama en la escritura de un relato. Es una guía en el trayecto de la estructura como se conforman las historias. Las clases y el instructor son muy amenos y asertivos.

By Karen R

Nov 02, 2018

I can't say which one of the courses was the best, as I learned so much from each of them. It's been a while since I've taken this course and I'm sure if I took it again, would learn even more. Thank you!

By Laura C

Mar 28, 2017

It is a really good introduction to writing, I love it. The format of the course is excellent for virtual studies, the time periods are good for completing the assignments combine with every day activities.

By Andrea R H

Jun 23, 2020

Brando Skyhorse is such a great teacher! I loved this course through and through, I really feel like I'm improving my writing and it's helping me with the novels I'm currently working on. A million thanks!

Mar 26, 2020

I've been writing for a long time, even having some success at it, but have never taken any formal training. I feel that you take away from this course what you put into it, even if you're not a beginner.

By Neerja J

This was my first writing course, I would say it is well structured and do give you challenges in form of assignments. If you are an aspiring writer, its a good way to begin your writing course journey.

By similoluwa f

Apr 04, 2019

It was very impactful and insightful...i had to opportunity to thing through my writing creatively. The idea of other writers reviewing my work was a good one as the feedback was quite constructive.

By Camille T

Oct 13, 2018

Extremely helpful! I'm rethinking a lot of my previous approach to writing, especially when it comes to creating interesting scenes and ensuring my characters each have a clear desire while I write.

By Giovanna S

Mar 11, 2019

It was a good course. It was a good grading method, I was a little opposed in the beginning but I now I understand the value of having more than a teacher read your work.

It is very much worth it.

By Shubham N

Jul 01, 2017

Course is well structured and the material is very helpful. I enjoyed both the lessons and the assignments. The review from fellow classmates helped me alot in improving my creative writing skills.

By Ashley K

Mar 15, 2016

Good material. Brando Skyhorse is a very talented lecturer. The exercises look simple but are actually very difficult, so set aside more time than you expect to complete them within the parameters.

By Crystal M

Mar 19, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It had a lot of concrete advice, and motivated me to start writing again. The assignments made sense, and gave me a list of things to look for when editing the draft.

By Damilola O

Apr 19, 2017

This course is worth every minute I spent taking it. Thanks to Brando and the rest of the team behind the lens. You've made a better writer out of me. I'd write your name in my acknowledgements!

By Abhinav B

I don't think the peer-reviewing is a great thing. I wrote a great scene got 100% grade at the end, but I got 0 at the first attempt of the same.

Would be great if the mentor could have a look.

By Naomi C R L

Aug 05, 2016

The course helped me a lot in understanding what a plot is. This is my first time to join a creative writing class and I did not regret signing up. Thank you everyone for a very great course.

By Ana C O G

Feb 26, 2018

Me encantó, me enseñó las bases que necesito para redactar mi historia y voy a tomar los demás cursos también. Ojalá estuviera en español porque con la traducci{on se batalla un poco. Gracias!

By Helen A

Dec 09, 2018

Really good explanations and relevant examples throughout. The only week where the examples were hard for me to untangle were those in the show-don't-tell scene lesson. Overall though, great.

By Tina D

I really appreciated how the instructor laid out the modules and built on it with his explanations and examples. It was very helpful for me as a new writer to learn the nuances of the craft.

By Nana K D

May 05, 2020

I enjoyed the course very much especially the exercises. Brando is also more systematic with tips. For example the ABDCE format helps one remember how to properly write stories. I enjoyed it

By Imogen B

Jun 03, 2020

I audited this class from start to finish. While I'm not looking to write a novel or short story any time soon, this was incredibly valuable to the creative writing I do on a regular basis.

By Jillian K

Dec 06, 2017

This course was an excellent combination of basics and simple intense assignments to practice the concepts learned. I enjoyed every course in the Creative Writing Specialization. Thank you!