Back to Curanderismo: Traditional Healing of the Mind, Energy & Spirit

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Curanderismo: Traditional Healing of the Mind, Energy & Spirit by University of New Mexico

As the third of four courses on Curanderismo, the art of Hispanic/Latino traditional medicine, this course focuses specifically on traditional healing of mind, energy and spirit. As an educational and cultural platform, this course will share a number of traditional body therapies. Trained traditional healers will share their knowledge of cleansings from different cultures such as spiritual, energetic and Tonalli Cleansing. Learners will not become certified traditional healers at the completion of this course but will be able apply basic principles or traditional medicine for health and illnesses. They will become familiar specifically with the traditional therapy of the sweat lodge temazcal, laugh therapy risaterapia and they will learn about the creation of sacred spaces and healing grief through Día de los Muertos. The Final Curanderismo course will be: • Global and Cultural Influences of Traditional Healing: African traditional medicine from Uganda and Gabon; Afro-Latino from Cuba and Puerto Rico, Native American spiritual cleansings and Mayan acupuncture and other topics. REQUIRED TEXTS - Curanderismo: The Art of Traditional Medicine without Borders by Eliseo Torres - Curandero: Traditional Healers of Mexico and the Southwest by Eliseo Torres with Imanol Miranda Where to buy: https://he.kendallhunt.com/product/curanderismo-art-traditional-medicine-without-borders https://he.kendallhunt.com/product/curandero-traditional-healers-mexico-and-southwest OPTIONAL TEXTS Curandero: A life in Mexican Folk Healing by Eliseo Torres & Tim Sawyer Healing with Herbs & Rituals: A Mexican Tradition, Eliseo Torres, edited by Tim Sawyer Where to buy: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/curandero-torres-eliseo-cheo/1120135382?ean=9780826336415&st=PLA&sid=BNB_1341481610&sourceId=PLAGoNA&dpid=tdtve346c&2sid=Google_c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3_6LmYev3gIViuNkCh3IPgUyEAQYASABEgLYXfD_BwE https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/healing-with-herbs-and-rituals-torres-eliseo-cheo/1120135381?ean=9780826339621&st=PLA&sid=BNB_825204424&sourceId=PLAGoNA&dpid=tdtve346c&2sid=Google_c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrrvswYev3gIVBsRkCh3BXQCHEAQYASABEgLnl_D_BwE PODCAST: - Blubrry podcast - https://www.blubrry.com/normallol/41068835/normal-lol-63-depersonalization-mental-wellness-curanderismomexican-traditional-healing-with-eliseo-cheo-torres/ - Itunes Episode 63 - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/normal-lol-depersonalization-derealization-anxiety/id1065740418?mt=2...

XG
Jun 20, 2019

Loved this course. It was very informative. I enjoyed learning more about the meaning of the rituals I've seen before. It will shape my life going forward.

L
Aug 15, 2020

Thank you so much for making these teachings so accessible in these times. This was a beautiful class and I will be taking the other four.

1 - 25 of 27 Reviews for Curanderismo: Traditional Healing of the Mind, Energy & Spirit

By Bhaskar S P

Jun 11, 2020

I like to learn new traditions of healing and honoring the dead. I found that every where in world people do similar or their own ways to do healing and to honor dead. it is really wonderful to know that we are all one.

the course is wonderfully demonstrated within the time frame along with reference books to read and to view the videos to understand the practices. The demonstration done by true healers is really great and I cried many times during the course and felt healed in my heart.

By Evelyn R

Jul 4, 2020

Very informative.. translation could use a little work as I’m sure some people might’ve missed some words or phrases that were missed because of timing. Also, subtitle translation was a little confusing but google helps with the foreign pronunciation and spelling. I am super grateful to have been able to begin learning.

By Nicola J

Apr 25, 2019

An interesting course in which I enjoyed learning about some of the Curanderismo traditional healing practices. Gave me some insight into healing practices carried out in a different culture to my own that I was previously not aware of. Very engaging. My thanks to the educators and course organisers.

By MARIELA C F

Aug 2, 2020

BUENAS TARDE, ESTOY DESARROLLANDO ESTE CURSO Y AL ENVIAR EL QUIZ CON LAS RESPUESTAS, SE ABRE UNA VENTANA DE PAGO Y NO ME DEJA ENVIAR. SOY DE BOGOTÁ COLOMBIA Y ACTUALMENTE HAY UN CONVENIO DEL GOBIERNO CON COURSERA. GRACIAS.

ATTE: MARIELA CABANZO FRADE

By Xista G

Jun 21, 2019

By Lori M

Aug 16, 2020

By Paola B d l R

Jun 12, 2020

He disfrutado mucho aprendiendo de la mano de grandes conocedores de la tradición medicinal. Agradezco de corazón la sabiduría compartida.

By Gloria E C P

Jul 9, 2020

wonderful its in a way to remember who we are and to reconnect with our ancestors at the same time heal our collective consciousness

By Jessica S

Nov 4, 2019

The videos were powerful to watch and helped to shape the context and practical knowledge needed to complete the course.

By Maricela A

Aug 14, 2019

Very informative and easy to learn the wonderful traditional healing techniques.

By Margot J

Amazing , I learned , I heal my self , now I used for my own house and family

By Lilit s

Dec 12, 2020

Thank you for wonderful and useful knowledge and beautiful way of teaching

By Bret O

Jan 4, 2021

Excellent introduction and techniques. Gracias a todos, Maestro Torres.

By Mar�a d P

Jul 2, 2020

Great content, I enjoyed the heart that was put into making this.

By ZAMORA M M S

Aug 16, 2020

Muy interesante todo lo que compartieron en este curso

By Wendy W

h

!

By NAPOLEON G G

Jul 20, 2020

nice a introduction in this techniques

By Claudette P

Jul 31, 2020

Very informative and interesting!

By Veronica M