Back to Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau by University of California, Davis

4.4

In this first course of the specialization, you will discover just what data visualization is, and how we can use it to better see and understand data. Using Tableau, we’ll examine the fundamental concepts of data visualization and explore the Tableau interface, identifying and applying the various tools Tableau has to offer. By the end of the course you will be able to prepare and import data into Tableau and explain the relationship between data analytics and data visualization. This course is designed for the learner who has never used Tableau before, or who may need a refresher or want to explore Tableau in more depth. No prior technical or analytical background is required. The course will guide you through the steps necessary to create your first visualization story from the beginning based on data context, setting the stage for you to advance to the next course in the Specialization....

HR

May 02, 2017

Amazing course, amazing instructors and assignments. I really enjoyed working with Tableau.\n\nYou may experience some confusion for some assignments but don't worry! Just use the discussion boards :)

NL

Oct 05, 2017

I think I loved everything about this class. It wasn't easy, but it was fun and enlightened me on better ways to tell stories and tell stories with data visualization. Can't wait for class 2.

1 - 25 of 481 Reviews for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

By Katrina

Sep 09, 2018

The content might be ok but the support on this course is ridiculous. Mentors/teachers don't respond in the discussions which means assignments are poorly understood. Then 'peer graded assignments' are a joke - how can a peer grade you when they don't even understand the assignment cause its so poorly written. I got completely opposite grading from two different people, meaning one is clearly wrong but both count as my 'grade' - don't bother with this course, save up a few months and go to a real course where you can speak to the teacher and don't have depend on morons scoring your assignments.

By Mykola S

Aug 24, 2016

This course is terrible for many reasons. Firstly, the amount of content is ridiculously small - only about 20 minutes of video lectures per week. Moreover, more than 50% of content is just non-relevant.

Secondly, practical assignments are very poorly planned:

1) in weeks 3 peer graded assignment students are asked to save Tableau workbooks as twbx files, even though this feature is not supported by Tableau Public that is used in this course. The assignment itself is just opening and saving file in Tableau.

2) in weeks 4 peer graded assignment you just asked to write some vaguely defined 1 page description. It doesn't include any Tableau-related activities.

Thirdly, quizzes are ambiguous and very general.

Overall, this course is just a waste of time. For comparison, you can easily get more useful information about Tableau from the 4 minute long "Getting started" video on the Tableau website than from this course. Just wonder how Coursera allows such courses to be places on the platform.

By Juan P H G

Apr 18, 2019

I'm sorry but this course is just bad. The fact that the assignments are peer reviewed put you in a dead lock. You are at the mercy of "peers" that doesn't even check the answers you provide and are just plainly rude. Disappointing.

By Tumelo M

Aug 29, 2017

This course is very good intro to anyone that has never done Data Visualization. You get clear understanding of the objectives and the Fundamentals of what Data Visualization is all about.

By Barbara S

Jan 30, 2019

I am so happy I took this course. It provided me with the Fundamentals, encouragement, and ability to practice viz's by watching how they did their own. The book that was assigned was inspirational. Our assignments were challenging and then I challenged myself in creating about eight visualizations.

I was even able to use an if then else sql to create my kpi. Thank you so much for this course.

Wtih gratitude,

Barbara Steinberg

By Kevin R P

Jan 30, 2019

Great Course! Wonderful delivery of the fundamentals of the software as well as the Data Visualization framework.

By BIJINI C

Jan 31, 2019

really good

By Vignesh

Dec 19, 2018

Good for beginners

By Abhijeet N

Jan 10, 2019

This is course is great for those who are new to the world of visualization as they will walk you across the basics of tableau.

By Farin M

Feb 24, 2019

Good insight on visualization

By Arnab G

Feb 28, 2019

The course gives a great introduction to the concepts of Data Visualization

By Vinoth

Feb 28, 2019

very good course for beginners to learn the tableau visualization and basic fundamentals about the visualization concepts

By Tallal N

Mar 02, 2019

Really good course

By Sebin K T

Mar 05, 2019

Extremely satisfied by this course! looking forward to more such courses

By Mohammed T

Mar 08, 2019

Great course

By Bharath k R

Mar 10, 2019

Wonderful course.

By Shailesh S

Mar 12, 2019

I would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to l

By Gabrielle S

Mar 18, 2019

I was recently introduced to Tableau and felt that the learning curve was too high to undertake. I search for and found a classes that I could take to build up my confidence and abilities towards conquering Tableau. I would definitely recommend these courses to people interested in the exciting field of big data.

By Kingsley

Awesome

By John S

Excellent!

By Abhishek s

Mar 20, 2019

Very well structured, comprehensive and easy to understand. Very Helpful!

By René G B

Mar 20, 2019

Great course

By Janice W

Mar 23, 2019

Excellent professors that really explain the concepts of WHY you do something. Better than the F2F course I took at my local community college.

By Winston B

Mar 24, 2019

Very enjoyable, well-managed.

By KOUABENAN Y R

Mar 25, 2019

Cours très instructif et facilite l'apprentissage.

je recommande