Back to American Deaf Culture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for American Deaf Culture by University of Houston System

4.4

This is a six-week course providing a historical overview of the American Deaf community and its evolving culture. Theoretical frameworks from sociology are explored. Deafness as a culture and not a disability is explained as participants are guided into the world of Deaf culture....

CP

Oct 10, 2017

I've gotten an Associate's in Sign Language and learned a lot about American Deaf Culture and this was a wonderful refresher for me! I did NOT want this class to end!!\n\nPlease offer more like this!

JM

Jun 16, 2017

I am also a CODA, and I am so happy that a course on Deaf Culture is on CourseRA. Very proud of the collaborative efforts of exposing hearing people to the deaf community. ILY!

26 - 26 of 26 Reviews for American Deaf Culture

By Carol M W

Jul 11, 2017

It was unsettling to me that the Instructor communicated that he was apartment shopping with his girlfriend. That goes against my morals, that a couple live together without being married. Also, he [the instructor] seemed to be an unkempt person. These things were distracting for me as a learner, and I didn't appreciate them. I did appreciate some of the additional resource material. Thank you,Mrs. Walz