Back to Diabetes – the Essential Facts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Diabetes – the Essential Facts by University of Copenhagen

Across the world more than 420 million people are living with diabetes. Two thirds of these have not yet been diagnosed. When discovered late or managed incorrectly, diabetes can damage your heart, blood vessels, eyes, kidneys, and nerves, leading to disability and premature death. In fact, more people are dying of diabetes related diseases than of diseases as HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined. This course will provide you with an introduction to the most recent research in the field of prevention and treatment of diabetes as well as a broader understanding of the situation in different communities, rich and poor, across the world, where diabetes threatens public health. What kind of disease is diabetes, who has it, and who is at risk of getting it? And what are the roles of medicine, exercise and nutrition when trying to prevent, delay or treat diabetes? During the course you will meet researchers and experts from Imperial College London, Emory University in Atlanta, Steno Diabetes Center in Copenhagen as well as the School of Global Health and the Center for Basic Metabolic Research at the University of Copenhagen. They work with very different aspects of diabetes, from microbiology to global public health, but what ties them together is the belief that it is a global responsibility to combat diabetes, and this fight can only be won through new knowledge and global collaboration. We hope you will join us in the course and equip yourself to take part in the ongoing discussions of this truly global and individual health challenge. This course is also part of the EIT Health programme....

BS

Aug 29, 2018

good course , this takes into considerations of diabetes epidemic all over the world . There has to be different mechanism to be adopted in developing countries as compared to developed countries .

LL

Dec 07, 2017

This was an awesome short course which I would recommend to anyone who is interested in diabetes or other chronic diseases. I learned a lot about different ways you could possibly prevent diabetes.

1 - 25 of 83 Reviews for Diabetes – the Essential Facts

By Ravinder N D

Jan 24, 2019

This course gave interesting facts about diabetes. I am expecting a sequel to this course. The coordinators may start a new course about its pathophysiology or management.

By ken

Jul 12, 2018

Taking this course actually resulted in a lifestyle and diet change for me. While in conversation with individuals who have diabetes I am even able to bring things to their attention things that they were unaware of. There were so many things contained within the course that I was oblivious to. I have become an unofficial spokesperson suggesting people take this course. I believe that this course should be part of Junior High and/or High School programs so students/people can learn at an early age what preventative measures they can introduce into their lifestyles to prevent diabetes.

By SUSHIL K S V

Jun 24, 2019

Great Basic Facts for learning about Diabetes

By Susan M

Jun 23, 2019

The course was organized in a very comprehensive way, and it was easy to follow.

By andres e g a

Jun 21, 2019

excelente

By E A I

Jun 18, 2019

Thank you very much .that is very useful course

By Dr S M G A

Jun 17, 2019

The course is designed well and provides a solid understanding of the subject .

By Fournes P

Jun 11, 2019

Did I get what I wanted? Did I learn? Did I enjoy? Will I take another course and recommend this course? Definitely yes.

I enjoyed listening to all the videos, especially when the host Richard Steed, Professor Jueleen Zierath and Professor Venkat Narayan are talking, their speech is very clear and easy to understand, they use an everyday spoke English neither too technical, neither too simple. FYI, English isn’t my native tongue, so this matters. Other professors and speakers are fine as well; they are an encyclopedia of knowledge.

I like the “Save Note” button when you want to capture a screen. You can also, highlight and save lines from the transcript, it helps to summarize the topic. The quizzes are great; you can take it again; it pushes you to go back to your notes to find out what you answered wrong, rather than giving the correct answer right away. Reviewing three other students is a great idea, as it shows you how others think, talk, communicate, write, as some of them have deep knowledge already but others simply give short answers, but that is all point, we all come from different backgrounds, isn’t it!

There isn’t anything I didn’t like.

Overall, thank you. See you next time. My wife, my daughter and some colleagues are interested to follow my steps in term of taking courses; they might be a student soon!

By Houda

Jun 09, 2019

Un cours très simplifié qui va au vif du sujet . Merci pour vos efforts j'ai vraiment appris énormément de choses

By Alatartseva I

Jun 03, 2019

Thank you!

By Nimbe S

Jun 02, 2019

Este curso es muy bueno, la información brindada es indispensable para mantenernos actualizados. Muchas por compartirnos sus conocimientos.

By Chiara P

May 25, 2019

I love this course, it was so helpful for me and so well explained.

Thanks a lot. Chiara

By Ahmed A T A

May 25, 2019

thank you for all information about diabetes.

By Nimra I

May 20, 2019

It is a very nice and informative course through which I learnt alot of things.. Lectures and assignments are bety easy and helpful to understand the diabetes.. :)

By drRonak T

May 04, 2019

great

By ANGEL O E A

May 03, 2019

Es un excelente curso, te explica ampliamente lo que es la diabetes, y distintas maneras de solucionarlo

By Magdalene M A

Apr 20, 2019

Great cours; very informative

By UPINDERJEET S

Apr 15, 2019

GOOD COURSE ESPECIALLY AT MAKING UNDERSTANDING OF THE DIABETES TYPE-2. BUT THE COURSE IS UNABLE TO ADDRESS TYPE -1 DIABETES ISSUES.

By Ricardo H M F

Mar 25, 2019

Excelente contenido. Profesores de alto nivel académico. Muy recomendable.

By Dinesh B S

Feb 13, 2019

very informative but its ignorant of the fasting treatment available by jason fung

By Ivan D B H

Jan 14, 2019

excellent course

By George M

Jan 04, 2019

not good

By Dayanand P

Dec 19, 2018

Great course to learn the fundamentals of Diabetes