Back to Diabetes – the Essential Facts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Diabetes – the Essential Facts by University of Copenhagen

Across the world more than 420 million people are living with diabetes. Two thirds of these have not yet been diagnosed. When discovered late or managed incorrectly, diabetes can damage your heart, blood vessels, eyes, kidneys, and nerves, leading to disability and premature death. In fact, more people are dying of diabetes related diseases than of diseases as HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined. This course will provide you with an introduction to the most recent research in the field of prevention and treatment of diabetes as well as a broader understanding of the situation in different communities, rich and poor, across the world, where diabetes threatens public health. What kind of disease is diabetes, who has it, and who is at risk of getting it? And what are the roles of medicine, exercise and nutrition when trying to prevent, delay or treat diabetes? During the course you will meet researchers and experts from Imperial College London, Emory University in Atlanta, Steno Diabetes Center in Copenhagen as well as the School of Global Health and the Center for Basic Metabolic Research at the University of Copenhagen. They work with very different aspects of diabetes, from microbiology to global public health, but what ties them together is the belief that it is a global responsibility to combat diabetes, and this fight can only be won through new knowledge and global collaboration. We hope you will join us in the course and equip yourself to take part in the ongoing discussions of this truly global and individual health challenge. This course is also part of the EIT Health programme....

LL

Dec 07, 2017

This was an awesome short course which I would recommend to anyone who is interested in diabetes or other chronic diseases. I learned a lot about different ways you could possibly prevent diabetes.

BS

Aug 29, 2018

good course , this takes into considerations of diabetes epidemic all over the world . There has to be different mechanism to be adopted in developing countries as compared to developed countries .

26 - 50 of 272 Reviews for Diabetes – the Essential Facts

By Amit S

Nov 11, 2017

Thank you so much for conducting course on diabetes. All professors are truly an expert at what you do, and all of them held the students’ attention the whole time. i have learned so much from all of you. Thank you so much!!”

By ROSALINA Z C

Jul 30, 2020

Excelente Curso sus expositores contiene investigaciones interesantes, conceptos nuevos , nuevas lineas de investigación y sobre todo nos invita a impactar nuestro país con cambios dirigidos a la prevención.

By LOBSANG W P

Jun 30, 2020

The course was straightforward with all the important informations delivered. Aside from the biological systems that we’ve learned in our school , a new insight into the global situation was shown. Thank you

By Smriti V

Jun 04, 2020

Comprehensive course giving a general overview on the basics of diabetes, how it is affecting various populations and possible means to keep the level of blood glucose in check and further research scope.

By Ivonne D

En definitiva es un curso que vale la pena para compartir los conocimientos adquiridos y llevarlos a cabo peesonalmente. Gracias! Gracias a mos colaboradores y a la Universidad de copenhague

By Malieka R

Aug 12, 2020

I thought I understood the subject of diabetes and yet I learned so much. I also enjoyed the format and mix of content and teaching style of the course. Will definitely take more courses.

By VGSI N

Jun 25, 2020

The best course I ever followed about Diabetes. This course provided me a comprehensive knowledge during a short period, with a guide of lots of researches done by reputed Professionals.

By Ximena A P L

Jun 26, 2019

It is a great course. It show different points of view from different expert in the field of diabetes. It is good presented, understandable, and very likely to follow. Great job.

By S G D

Jun 26, 2020

The course was awesome. The issue I faced is, despite having a good network strength, the video would get struck.Other than this, the course was very informative and precise.

By Chandrasena N

Aug 09, 2020

This is very important course for future.I learned more imfromation about diebetes factors we should know.how to control and prevention diebetes proper manner.

By Lovekesh s

Its really interesting . I have learned alot of new things regarding diabetes, exercise benefits and lifestyle effects on the body. It was really informative.

By Paula N V C

Mar 07, 2018

I enjoy the course. It helps my training as a professional to promote better health and help the community and other health professionals with what I learned.

By MD. N H

I have learner so many new then things about obesity and diabetes through this online course. I will always wait for any further course related to this topic

By Parul A

Jan 09, 2017

Great course, great instructor. The expert interviews are the best part. In just 3 weeks, they manage to impart so much relevant and up-to-date information.

By Dr. A S

Jun 08, 2020

Very useful course to learn new concepts and basics of diabetes. Importance of healthy lifestyle to give better results in blood sugar level determination.

By Ashish A

Apr 25, 2020

In the short period, the course packed almost everything a beginner/non clinical person ought to know. I thank & compliment all members behind this course.

By SAMRUDDHI B D

Aug 01, 2020

Yeah this course is really good and for health also. I like to thank to all instructors also what they taught us. Not me but all should take this course.

By Megha N

Mar 10, 2020

The content of the Course: Diabetes- the Essential facts is very precise for learners. It has been a great learning experience. Thank You to the team.

By Tanveer A

Jul 06, 2020

Helps a lot to better understand this prevalent disease -diabetes

Learn new treatment methods of diabetes currently performing in developed countries.

By Siddhartha K

Nov 25, 2019

A well rounded course that included multi-disciplinary perspectives. I would encourage the further inclusion of additional lifestyle interventions.

By Višnja Ž

Jun 03, 2020

Interesting facts and new knowledge I did not have before. I have a wider picture of diabetes now and will continue to learn more on the subject.

By Anzeela K

It was a great course covering almost all factors related to Diabetes. Learned alot from this.

Thankyou University of Copenhagen

Thankyou Coursera

By Luca D F

As a medicine student I already knew most of the contents, except for the issue regarding diabetes in low-income country. Very interesting.

By Nimbe S H P

Jun 02, 2019

Este curso es muy bueno, la información brindada es indispensable para mantenernos actualizados. Muchas por compartirnos sus conocimientos.

By Health T

Very nice and informative course. I learned so many new things about diabetes. Thank you for allowing us to complete it without any fees.