Back to Digital Marketing Capstone

Digital Marketing Capstone, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

About this Course

The Capstone is the culminating project in the Digital Marketing Specialization. The corporate partner for the specialization is W.W. Grainger(http://www.grainger.com/) . They are the largest supplier of Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) products. Millions of businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for pumps, motors, hand tools, janitorial supplies, fasteners and much more. In 2017, they had sales of US Dollar 10.4 Billion, and about 60% of orders originated online. You will be working on a problem specified by the Digital Marketing team at Grainger, to develop a channel strategy to increase sales of Bosch power tools on Grainger.com. You will have the opportunity to combine the tools and techniques obtained through all the courses in this specialization and apply them to a real business problem. The Capstone project will be 6 weeks long. You must take the Capstone project class after taking all the other courses in this Specialization. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

By AR

Oct 19, 2016

My very first specialization. It wasn't that easy. But I'm sure worth it. Thank you, Coursera. Thank you, teachers! Hope that knowledge (and certificate, as well) will help me to enhance my career.

By AM

Dec 06, 2017

Really informative course which gives a lot of insight into digital marketing ! Highly recommend this course to anyone out there looking to gain new insights into marketing

71 Reviews

By John Cordaro

Feb 05, 2019

A great ending to the specialization. Though I'd suggest perhaps creating a new capstone in a year or so, it's feeling a tad outdated.

By Ahmed Magdy Abd EL Meniem Mahmoud

Jan 15, 2019

very good course

By Tumelo Mgogoshe

Jan 03, 2019

This is a great course that equips you with a hands on practical project were you can put together all the research skills and knowledge you have acquired in the other previous six courses.

I would recommend every one involved on the Digital platform to do this course.

By Andrés Perea Baena

Nov 17, 2018

Great experience to apply and reinforce your learning!

By Jardel Bezerra dos Santos

Nov 13, 2018

Português BR:

Digital Marketing Capstone é um curso fundamental para compreender como o ambiente digital está revolucionando a forma de comunicar, vender, persuadir e entreter os consumidores. Assim como qualquer outro curso, existem pontos que precisam ser melhorados para aumentar sua eficácia. Por isso, se faz necessário constantes atualizações da didática para acompanhar as necessidades contemporâneas. Ao concluir o curso, o aluno consegue adquirir um referencial para imergir no mundo do Marketing Digital. Não se trata de um curso completo contendo todas as metodologias de Marketing. E com certeza, não é o objetivo e nem a intenção da proposta oferecida pela Illinois/Coursera . Entretanto, Digital Marketing Capstone possibilita criar novos caminhos em busca de novos conhecimentos.

English:

Digital Marketing Capstone is a fundamental course to understand how the digital environment is revolutionizing the way you communicate, sell, persuade and entertain consumers. Like any other course, there are points that need to be improved to increase their effectiveness. Therefore, it is necessary constant updating of didactics to accompany contemporary needs. Upon completion of the course, the student can acquire a referential to immerse in the world of Digital Marketing. This is not a complete course containing all the Marketing methodologies. And of course, it's not the purpose or intent of the offer offered by Illinois / Coursera. However, Digital Marketing Capstone makes it possible to create new paths in search of new knowledge.

By Jairo Ortegon

Nov 13, 2018

Great course.

By Juliana Perdomo

Nov 08, 2018

Excellent course to guide you through the Final Project of the Specialization.

By Danielle Loor

Oct 29, 2018

When I first started this Capstone, I was very excited about it. It did not live up to the expectations. The course material is several years old and needs to be updated. I was not totally pleased with this Capstone at all. It was a lot of work and was very vague, at times. With that being said, I completed all of my assignments to the best of my ability and went out of my way to help peers even though I would receive a one word "feedback" ninety five percent of the time. I am grateful for ALL Of the courses leading up to this Capstone, as they are fantastic and I have learned so much from each of them. I gave all six previous courses in this specialization five stars. I just thought that with all the valuable information I have learned from the courses, the project would have been more relevant. Despite that, I was lucky enough to use everything I have learned to complete a Capstone Project that has so much potential to serve us better. Hopefully in the near future they update it for new learners because Coursera is. great platform to learn on. Thank you Coursera.

By Daniel Caceres