Back to Digital Marketing Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Marketing Capstone by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

The Capstone is the culminating project in the Digital Marketing Specialization. The corporate partner for the specialization is W.W. Grainger(http://www.grainger.com/) . They are the largest supplier of Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) products. Millions of businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for pumps, motors, hand tools, janitorial supplies, fasteners and much more. In 2017, they had sales of US Dollar 10.4 Billion, and about 60% of orders originated online. You will be working on a problem specified by the Digital Marketing team at Grainger, to develop a channel strategy to increase sales of Bosch power tools on Grainger.com. You will have the opportunity to combine the tools and techniques obtained through all the courses in this specialization and apply them to a real business problem. The Capstone project will be 6 weeks long. You must take the Capstone project class after taking all the other courses in this Specialization. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AR

Oct 19, 2016

My very first specialization. It wasn't that easy. But I'm sure worth it. Thank you, Coursera. Thank you, teachers! Hope that knowledge (and certificate, as well) will help me to enhance my career.

AM

Dec 06, 2017

Really informative course which gives a lot of insight into digital marketing ! Highly recommend this course to anyone out there looking to gain new insights into marketing

1 - 25 of 82 Reviews for Digital Marketing Capstone

By John C

Feb 05, 2019

A great ending to the specialization. Though I'd suggest perhaps creating a new capstone in a year or so, it's feeling a tad outdated.

By Tumelo M

Jan 03, 2019

This is a great course that equips you with a hands on practical project were you can put together all the research skills and knowledge you have acquired in the other previous six courses.

I would recommend every one involved on the Digital platform to do this course.

By Andrey S

Apr 21, 2016

Far more demanding than previous courses, and thus far more interesting. Lacks clear direction compared to previous courses which can be difficult to adjust to, it leaves you to your own devices so to speak and is challenging in that regard.

By Antoni B

Jun 27, 2017

The Digital Marketing specialisation gave me a great opprtunity to :

1) perceive marketing from a different perspective,

2) see how complex it is in the DIgital era,

3) upgrade my knowledge from my EMBA study at the University of Illinois U-C (1995),

4) practice it through the Capstone project.

Thanx to the Coursera and UoI-UC teams.

By Sonja M

May 29, 2018

I have successfully completed various courses and specializations here on coursera (I strongly recommend Wharton’s Gamification course which I found to be the most challenging and inspiring) and I can say that Digital Marketing Capstone is the only course that I didn’t enjoy attending. The project is utterly uninteresting, it requires knowledge and preparation in digital analytics not provided in the previous two courses on this subject (techniques, types of analysis etc), it limits on email and display advertising (it can hardly be called integrated marketing strategy) and it lacks completely the strucure and guidance in the task esecution as well as peer evaluation (some of the comments I received were based on personal point of view and lacked objectivity). The best part of this specialization are Aric Rindfleisch’s courses who unfortunatelly wasn’t involved in the Capstone Project.

By Karla V

Oct 01, 2017

This a great course. You put in work all you have learn during the 6 courses. 100% Recommended

By Stacey H

Jan 16, 2017

This was a challenging class that truly put your knowledge to the test. I felt it was very representative of a real-world problem.

By Efrén A M

Jun 04, 2018

Amazing course. Eric is a great teacher. Looking forward the capstone.

By Claudio D S F

Jul 03, 2017

I really like this course, I plan to work in this area.

By Janarthanan B

Jan 22, 2017

Great

By Abhinav R P V

Sep 09, 2016

Thanks for the capstone project.I learned a lot during the journey to this capstone.Got confidence that i can do more specializations on coursera. Thanks for my professors Aric Rindfleisch and Kevin Hartman for the great lectures.

By Tanya

Jun 25, 2017

Good application of Theoretical modules taught earlier

By Zhou H

Feb 07, 2016

这门数字化市场的实践课程的难度不低,很多资料和数据需要自己到网络上进行收集,课程里还多次组织了目标客户的相关领域负责人进行网络访谈,可谓实战气氛浓郁。 Capstone项目包括5次阶段作业和最后的项目报告,内容循序渐进,一方面起到了复习作用,另一方面也可以在与同学交互的过程中不断提升方案的内容和质量。最后的项目报告依旧很挑战,往往可以从其他同学的优秀作业中获得启发,并进一步完善自己的思路。 总体来说本课与类似课程相同,通过并不难,但要拿到高分,真正掌握其中的知识并学以致用,则需要对自己提出严格要求。

By Akash M

Dec 06, 2017

By Naman A

Apr 09, 2017

Really great experience and a must for every learner!

By Gopakumar V S

Feb 27, 2018

Highly recommended course for all the beginners in digital marketing field. And Coursera offers a great platform for all those candidates worldwide the best refined study materials. Excellent support from the technical team who is there to help candidates throughout the course. One of my suggestion is the new mobile version is not as good as the previous version. But I think they make it more user friendly.

Gopakumar V S

Sep 07, 2017

Excellent!

By Sathyajith D

Jun 25, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I am sure I am yet to grasp elements here and there. But I am sure by rechecking the videos and going through the course material, this really helps to make me an expert.

By Kesinee A Y

May 30, 2018

This class was enormously helpful in helping students to learn new data sources and how to synthesize what we learned in the past six courses. Reviewing others' coursework was an important means of learning new resources and different perspectives. This is the art and not just the science of digital marketing planning. I'm grateful to the professors and fellow learners for the opportunity. My views of marketing are forever changed and I look forward to applying what I've learned int the real world! Thank you!

By Jacob F

Jan 03, 2017

Great specialization and wonderful instructors!

By Anand S M

Jul 02, 2017

Great Course. Lot of learnings. Completed the course at last.

I went beyond a year of subscription to completed the course because of my busy schedule. But coursera obliged to help out with no additional fee. Thanks coursera and the digital marketing team.

By Marcos M

Jun 22, 2017

Very good course. High quality content and also using a real case involving real enterprises. It bring the student to the real world applying the knowledge acquired. I recommend.

By Abhishek S

Mar 01, 2018

Very well planned and comprehensive. Nicely captures all the areas and learning in previous modules(courses) and then asks to apply the concepts learned.

By Frimpong M K

Feb 07, 2016

Great course with excellent content