Back to Digital Marketing Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Marketing Capstone by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

The Capstone is the culminating project in the Digital Marketing Specialization. The corporate partner for the specialization is W.W. Grainger(http://www.grainger.com/) . They are the largest supplier of Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) products. Millions of businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for pumps, motors, hand tools, janitorial supplies, fasteners and much more. In 2017, they had sales of US Dollar 10.4 Billion, and about 60% of orders originated online. You will be working on a problem specified by the Digital Marketing team at Grainger, to develop a channel strategy to increase sales of Bosch power tools on Grainger.com. You will have the opportunity to combine the tools and techniques obtained through all the courses in this specialization and apply them to a real business problem. The Capstone project will be 6 weeks long. You must take the Capstone project class after taking all the other courses in this Specialization. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AR

Oct 19, 2016

My very first specialization. It wasn't that easy. But I'm sure worth it. Thank you, Coursera. Thank you, teachers! Hope that knowledge (and certificate, as well) will help me to enhance my career.

AM

Dec 06, 2017

Really informative course which gives a lot of insight into digital marketing ! Highly recommend this course to anyone out there looking to gain new insights into marketing

76 - 84 of 84 Reviews for Digital Marketing Capstone

By Rashmi P N

May 08, 2018

I am not getting passing marks.

By Danielle L

Oct 29, 2018

When I first started this Capstone, I was very excited about it. It did not live up to the expectations. The course material is several years old and needs to be updated. I was not totally pleased with this Capstone at all. It was a lot of work and was very vague, at times. With that being said, I completed all of my assignments to the best of my ability and went out of my way to help peers even though I would receive a one word "feedback" ninety five percent of the time. I am grateful for ALL Of the courses leading up to this Capstone, as they are fantastic and I have learned so much from each of them. I gave all six previous courses in this specialization five stars. I just thought that with all the valuable information I have learned from the courses, the project would have been more relevant. Despite that, I was lucky enough to use everything I have learned to complete a Capstone Project that has so much potential to serve us better. Hopefully in the near future they update it for new learners because Coursera is. great platform to learn on. Thank you Coursera.

By Vishaka H

Mar 28, 2017

Hello,

I've completed 5 modules of the specialization successfully with excellent grades. However, the biggest challenge and disappointment was the capstone. The case given is pertaining exclusively to the North American market. Students enrolling into the course are situated globally which makes it extremely challenging to gather data to understand and substantiate our work on the project. Several hours of extensive research yields no usable data which could provide a logical direction to the project. Reading material provided explains mainly the company profile, a few links are blocked due to geographical restrictions, reports that are available are to be purchased etc. While the money invested is not refundable now, however coursera with university team needs to seriously resolve this point. All learning done through the course remains largely a theoretical knowledge if a student isn't able to apply it in his/her job.

By Erika P P

Jun 19, 2017

Capstone Course totally fails on two aspects: Peer Evaluation and Technical Support.

1. There is absolutely ZERO constructive feedback. Nobody cares. How can You learn without concrete and valuable feedback? This is a course for Beginners, How can you start you academia in Digital Marketing, alone, by yourself, without any help from any Staff?

2. One word feedbacks A-L-W-A-Y-S! Which are "Perfect" "Ok" "Good" "Very Good". I even got a "-" feedback!

3. Zero technical support. I could never access the Content Issues Forum. Your link never worked. I tried to get help, nobody never replied, until someone - ANOTHER STUDENT, NOT STAFF - replied to me and helped me.

Those factors unfortunately make me wonder... How valuable is this Project? Did I really learn anything from this Course? How am i supposed to know that my projects can really be applied to real life?

By YASEEN S Z

Nov 29, 2016

There is no doubt that coursera platform is the best education in the world

But I want to learn digital marketing and this Capstone needs to experience in the digital marketing not less than 10 years

I wish there are a path or templates to work and learn, such as the Capstone project of specialization in marketing social media

There is lack of information and data and the previous five courses is insufficient for professional project like this Capstone

The first course marketing in the digital world was really the best course in coursera

and This course is really the worst course in coursera

And unhelpful and I did not learn anything from this course only gather information from various sources to pass assignment

By Arvy S

Feb 12, 2016

Capstone exercises were very ambiguous, the students were left to interpret they way they had to finish and how they rated their peers.

The peer reviews were poor with little to no feedback and the focus was on how the material was laid out vs what the content was.

I have done other coursers and capstones in Coursera this was one of the poorest. UIUC has to revamp this. More guidance to students in the instructions would be the first step.

By Luis A F L

Mar 17, 2016

Hated the course and the content. I truly regret investing my money on this course.

By Ricky A

Dec 12, 2017

ZERO customer support when I reached out. Both on Social media and over here.

By hubert k