Back to EMT Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EMT Foundations by University of Colorado System

In this course, you will get a thorough introduction to the emergency medical services system, and learn the foundation components to how it works as a whole. You will also learn the nuts and bolts of becoming a healthcare provider, and gain some basic knowledge about the human body. By the end of the course, you will be able to 1) understand the history and components of the EMS system, 2) speak the language of medicine with basic medical terminology, as well as have an understanding of basic human anatomy, 3) understand the different types of communications and how they are specific to EMS, 4) take vital signs and master the normal from the abnormal, and 5) master personal and scene safety, and begin the process of patient assessment....

HK
Apr 16, 2020

I have no words for this course, I mean its, really a gem of a course for all healthcare providers and other people as well. I want to recommend this course to all of the people to, save lives.

NK

I have been learned so much in this EMT foundation its enriching my live every steps. I have no words for this course\n\nThank you mentor, the university of Colorado for this great opportunity

1 - 25 of 195 Reviews for EMT Foundations

By Tonya v d W

Feb 24, 2019

Not only is this course extremely informative and practical, it's well done from a production standpoint. The presenters are easy to understand, clearly knowledgable and also personable. I appreciate their manner and clarity. I also gained significant knowledge from the required reading, and additional perspective from the additional videos. I highly recommend this specialization.

By Haris K

Apr 17, 2020

By Marvin C W

Jun 3, 2020

After completing this introductory specialization course, one thing I've experienced is the rewarding satisfaction of learning! The lessons are carefully structured and illustrated, and even the reference topics as assigned readings, provide a brilliant stream of knowledge which I truly enjoyed! This course is perfectly planned with the student's success in mind. By the end of this first course, I was already anticipating the next. Understanding the fundamentals of becoming a professional EMT is an amazing route in delivering the best patient care, and this overview now has me in the learner's overdrive to be an EMT Jedi!

By Ryan W

Apr 12, 2020

Wish i were able to take in CO but have since moved. Thank you and great rescouce to boil down and hear from those who work in EMS as I’m gearing up. My class ends May🙌🏻

By Filipe C C

Mar 29, 2020

The course is very well designed, helped me a lot with the basic knowledge, the extra material is very helpful, I'm looking forward to continuing my formation.

By Shilyn

Sep 13, 2019

A good informative course whichcovers the most basic topics but unfortunately lacks of information on handling an unconsious patient case such as artificial respiration and heart massages including implementing the difribullator while needed, is there a continuance? Very gratefull for the financial support, though.

By Luz J L H

Jun 10, 2019

This course really provides the complete knoledge for the EMT student who wants to learn the foundations in this field of the health sciences.

I'm from México and I'm aware that the organisms that regulate guidelines, protocols and updates come from USA so I feel that this is an amazing oportunity to learn and to be updated.

I enjoyed the media content because it was consise and very dinamic.

By Alaina M

Aug 1, 2020

This course was useful in reviewing the concepts I learned as a student nurse. It was straightforward and challenging, but it gave me lots of information. The instructors are professional and knowledgeable, and there are practice questions to guide the learners. I suggest adding more practice questions since I enjoy answering those the most. I highly recommend this course!

By JUAN C P O

Nov 3, 2020

I have been working as a paramedic around 20 years in diferents places of the world such Antarctica South Pole to Australia, and never stop to learn about the specialists I have meet. I carry on above my shoulders the responsability to take care the patients wherever they are.

Juan Pinilla Osorio.

CHILEAN NAVY PARAMEDIC.

By Elliot R R

Mar 22, 2019

Excellent approach to teaching a complex, hands on subject. Video lectures are concise, targeted and well executed. The presenters are excellent. Teaching "aids" such as videos are also well done and the blend of external resources is excellent. Really no complaints and lots of praise for this excellent course.

By T. J C J

Oct 20, 2019

Combined with one of the recommended EMT workbooks, this was an excellent introduction course. I enjoyed the personalities of the instructors and feel that their presentation has added to my learning of the material. I look forward to the upcoming courses and final Denver basic skills bootcamp.

By Dinnelle S J

Sep 7, 2020

This course was really interesting,loved every moment of it. I learned a lot. All the videos and readings was really helpful. Special Thanks to the University of Colorado System,all the instructors, Commonwealth of learning and Coursera. Looking forward to the rest of courses under EMT.

By Ricardo V F

Feb 19, 2021

Although I had previous experience, this course is very clear and up to date on all the steps and procedures, making it a very good tool to refresh knowledge. It also showed me how to use some equipment (stretchers and the chair) that I have not used personally.

By Bernát G A

Apr 6, 2020

I have learnt a lot of intresting things about how the human body is built up and how it works. It was also interesting to see how the emergency medical services are organized in the US in contrast to the Hungarian model. It was a great course with great tutors!

By DARLENE R

Oct 6, 2020

I was laid off from my job due to COVID-19, through Cousera, I was given the opportunity to take the EMT Foundations course. This was an Awesome experience!! I an truly grateful to receive this certificate, and to continue to expand my EMT training.

By Filippus L

Aug 20, 2020

thank you coursera for the opportunity you gave me it was not easy for me as I have to struggle with data's because I don't have Wi-Fi but by God grace I made it and I am really happy and looking forward for another course if it is permitted.

By Denis S

Nov 22, 2020

The course gives a great overview into the EMT profession and helped me figure out if I am willing to pursue this career and continue working on the certification process. Great job from instructors and producers of the course. Thank you all!

By Karthika M N

Jun 8, 2020

I'm very grateful this program is allowing me to renew my EMT license online while my medical school testing is on hold due to COVID, great way to review skills and make my time productive

By Monique M

Aug 21, 2020

This course is missing a lot of content. For example there are several practice quizzes that are not available. Most of the links are no longer working. Plus, no one from Coursea or the University has bothered to even fix these issues. There are comments in the forums from 2 years ago talking about these problems. Oh and if you message Coursea they don't respond. :) Super wonderful.

By Ileana R

Jan 17, 2021

I’m still confused

By Aedrian A

Jan 22, 2021

This is a great introduction to the Coursera Specialization where it belongs, providing fundamental information and principles on the roles, responsibilities, legal considerations and baseline "clinical" toolkit related to EMT work. Even as a medical student, I obtained fresh ideas and a different perspective in acute-care medicine from the material. The EMT system described can also be a starting point to make progress for people from other countries with weak to non-existent EMT processes and for emergency medicine-related research. I am looking forward to finish the Specialization.

By Lutchman M

Dec 12, 2020

This course teach me a lot how to handle a patient when you they are in need of help and it will help me more by dealing with patient if given the opportunity to work as a EMT and also it will help me to gain knowledge if my family in need of assistant I will have great experience to assist them in patient care.

By Jillian A V

Feb 24, 2021

I completed the EMT foundation in 3 days I wasn’t rushing, but I had a lot of free time. Theses courses really helped me understand a lot of the training I need to be prepared for becoming an EMT. You can definitely learn a lot from these courses I highly recommend them.

By Jenniffer V M

Jul 26, 2020

Gostei muito desse curso e de como foi didático a forma como somos introduzidos a esse mundo de correrias e traumas. Pra quem tem interesse nessa área este é um ótimo curso e eu recomendo muito!! Assim como os outros que tem relação com esse!

By Tweet G

Feb 16, 2019

I found t extremely user friendly the video cips of 4 - 8 minutes are just the right length.

Though I must qualify this statement by stating that for me this is a refresher of knowledge learnt as a first responder with St John Ambulance