Back to EMT Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EMT Foundations by University of Colorado System

In this course, you will get a thorough introduction to the emergency medical services system, and learn the foundation components to how it works as a whole. You will also learn the nuts and bolts of becoming a healthcare provider, and gain some basic knowledge about the human body. By the end of the course, you will be able to 1) understand the history and components of the EMS system, 2) speak the language of medicine with basic medical terminology, as well as have an understanding of basic human anatomy, 3) understand the different types of communications and how they are specific to EMS, 4) take vital signs and master the normal from the abnormal, and 5) master personal and scene safety, and begin the process of patient assessment....

HK

Apr 17, 2020

I have no words for this course, I mean its, really a gem of a course for all healthcare providers and other people as well. I want to recommend this course to all of the people to, save lives.

NK

I have been learned so much in this EMT foundation its enriching my live every steps. I have no words for this course\n\nThank you mentor, the university of Colorado for this great opportunity

1 - 25 of 65 Reviews for EMT Foundations

By Haris K

Apr 17, 2020

By Ryan W

Apr 12, 2020

Wish i were able to take in CO but have since moved. Thank you and great rescouce to boil down and hear from those who work in EMS as I’m gearing up. My class ends May🙌🏻

By Filipe C C

Mar 29, 2020

The course is very well designed, helped me a lot with the basic knowledge, the extra material is very helpful, I'm looking forward to continuing my formation.

By Joao P L A

May 22, 2020

Lets go to the next

By Luz J L H

Jun 10, 2019

This course really provides the complete knoledge for the EMT student who wants to learn the foundations in this field of the health sciences.

I'm from México and I'm aware that the organisms that regulate guidelines, protocols and updates come from USA so I feel that this is an amazing oportunity to learn and to be updated.

I enjoyed the media content because it was consise and very dinamic.

By Tonya v d W

Feb 24, 2019

Not only is this course extremely informative and practical, it's well done from a production standpoint. The presenters are easy to understand, clearly knowledgable and also personable. I appreciate their manner and clarity. I also gained significant knowledge from the required reading, and additional perspective from the additional videos. I highly recommend this specialization.

By Elliot R R

Mar 22, 2019

Excellent approach to teaching a complex, hands on subject. Video lectures are concise, targeted and well executed. The presenters are excellent. Teaching "aids" such as videos are also well done and the blend of external resources is excellent. Really no complaints and lots of praise for this excellent course.

By T. J C J

Oct 20, 2019

Combined with one of the recommended EMT workbooks, this was an excellent introduction course. I enjoyed the personalities of the instructors and feel that their presentation has added to my learning of the material. I look forward to the upcoming courses and final Denver basic skills bootcamp.

By Bernát G A

Apr 06, 2020

I have learnt a lot of intresting things about how the human body is built up and how it works. It was also interesting to see how the emergency medical services are organized in the US in contrast to the Hungarian model. It was a great course with great tutors!

By Tweet G

Feb 16, 2019

I found t extremely user friendly the video cips of 4 - 8 minutes are just the right length.

Though I must qualify this statement by stating that for me this is a refresher of knowledge learnt as a first responder with St John Ambulance

By kamakya G

its emotional, has exceptional approach to education because it keeps you thinking and alert for the next event, i feel as if i am an ambulance and doing all activities mentioned within this course. would love to be an EMT

By Najiya N K

Thank you mentor, the university of Colorado for this great opportunity

By Sammie L I

Dec 28, 2019

Very thorough debrief of basic skills needed before indulging into the course further. While also providing the necessary tools and vocabulary to help the learner become successful.

By Jennifer T

Good balance of videos and reading work. Content is very good and is taught in a logical manner. I highly recommend this course as an introduction.

By Carlos A C M

Apr 19, 2020

It is a very complete course. The information is very concise and easy to understand. I thank the instructors and highly recommend this course.

By KOUOMOGNE N B A

Apr 08, 2020

A very amazing course. I am deeply motivated to apply that practically in my setting in Yaoundé in Cameroon at the Emergency Center of Yaoundé

By Mariana F M

Aug 05, 2019

Es un curso que complementa conocimientos de gran utilidad para los profesionales de la salud que estamos en primer nivel de atención.

By David T

May 06, 2020

This was an intensive course taught by true professionals. I highly recommend it if you are looking for in-depth medical knowledge.

By Alex N C C

Feb 05, 2020

Un curso muy completo

lleno de explicaciones fáciles de entender

Un trabajo bien hecho, sigan así.

Un abrazo y muchos exitos

By Che V B

Mar 04, 2019

In no way do I find learning more addictive than this. I intend to complete all 6 course available here. While not you!!!

By Areeba J

Apr 12, 2020

the way there are various demostrations makes it easier to understand quickly and they always keep you interested.

By Benedicta R

Mar 15, 2019

This a great course, it explains the skills in large details and the legal knowledge was highly pointed out.

By Season k

Mar 07, 2020

This course helped me gain a knowledgeable EMT Techniques and also taught me things on how to save a life.

By David T

Jun 08, 2019

Outstanding Course, and fantastic introduction into Emergency Medical Technician and Emergency Medicine.

By Tyler V

Mar 08, 2020

Excellent teachers with vast experiences and knowledge brought to the table. Will recommend to others.