Back to EMT Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EMT Foundations by University of Colorado System

In this course, you will get a thorough introduction to the emergency medical services system, and learn the foundation components to how it works as a whole. You will also learn the nuts and bolts of becoming a healthcare provider, and gain some basic knowledge about the human body. By the end of the course, you will be able to 1) understand the history and components of the EMS system, 2) speak the language of medicine with basic medical terminology, as well as have an understanding of basic human anatomy, 3) understand the different types of communications and how they are specific to EMS, 4) take vital signs and master the normal from the abnormal, and 5) master personal and scene safety, and begin the process of patient assessment....

MM

Aug 05, 2019

Es un curso que complementa conocimientos de gran utilidad para los profesionales de la salud que estamos en primer nivel de atención.

CB

Mar 04, 2019

In no way do I find learning more addictive than this. I intend to complete all 6 course available here. While not you!!!

1 - 25 of 27 Reviews for EMT Foundations

By Elliot R R

Mar 22, 2019

Excellent approach to teaching a complex, hands on subject. Video lectures are concise, targeted and well executed. The presenters are excellent. Teaching "aids" such as videos are also well done and the blend of external resources is excellent. Really no complaints and lots of praise for this excellent course.

By Tweet G

Feb 16, 2019

I found t extremely user friendly the video cips of 4 - 8 minutes are just the right length.

Though I must qualify this statement by stating that for me this is a refresher of knowledge learnt as a first responder with St John Ambulance

By Josue D S C

Feb 17, 2019

great

By MOHAMMED S R

Jan 24, 2019

M

By martin j l

Feb 24, 2019

It covers all the basic topics of the EMT course

By Tonya v d W

Feb 24, 2019

Not only is this course extremely informative and practical, it's well done from a production standpoint. The presenters are easy to understand, clearly knowledgable and also personable. I appreciate their manner and clarity. I also gained significant knowledge from the required reading, and additional perspective from the additional videos. I highly recommend this specialization.

By Nicole W

Feb 25, 2019

Thank you for creating a well structured, organized and informative course!

By Glenn D P

Mar 21, 2019

Very informative and professional

By Che V B

Mar 04, 2019

By Benedicta R

Mar 15, 2019

This a great course, it explains the skills in large details and the legal knowledge was highly pointed out.

By Luis L

Feb 26, 2019

GREAT

By Amy B

Apr 18, 2019

Awesome class! Was presented in clear and concise way.

By Nsikak-Abasi D

Jun 21, 2019

An amazing Course. It complements my medical education

By jacqui A

Jul 18, 2019

great start to the course really enjoyed it

By Mariana F M

Aug 05, 2019

By David T

Jun 08, 2019

Outstanding Course, and fantastic introduction into Emergency Medical Technician and Emergency Medicine.

By Luz J L H

Jun 10, 2019

This course really provides the complete knoledge for the EMT student who wants to learn the foundations in this field of the health sciences.

I'm from México and I'm aware that the organisms that regulate guidelines, protocols and updates come from USA so I feel that this is an amazing oportunity to learn and to be updated.

I enjoyed the media content because it was consise and very dinamic.

By Eliseo M

Aug 13, 2019

so far so good. just need to figure out how to get from EMT to AEMT so I can practice in my state.

By Kathryn C

Jul 08, 2019

awesome course, flexible, and easy to understand

By Ibiyosi F A

Sep 04, 2019

I enjoyed everyone of the videos, so much to learn.

By RITESH G

Sep 16, 2019

The basics of EMT/Paramedic training is here in this course.

By Rodiel K B I

Jun 14, 2019

Excellent information!

By David O

Jun 11, 2019

Very enlightening

By Paul I

Oct 01, 2019

nice foundation and good job from the team instructors.

By Karishma K

Aug 07, 2019

This is a very short and easy to understand course that sets the pace for the rest of the specialisation. For anyone who has gone through medical school, this will mostly be common knowledge and will be an easy certificate to achieve.