Back to EMT Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EMT Foundations by University of Colorado System

In this course, you will get a thorough introduction to the emergency medical services system, and learn the foundation components to how it works as a whole. You will also learn the nuts and bolts of becoming a healthcare provider, and gain some basic knowledge about the human body. By the end of the course, you will be able to 1) understand the history and components of the EMS system, 2) speak the language of medicine with basic medical terminology, as well as have an understanding of basic human anatomy, 3) understand the different types of communications and how they are specific to EMS, 4) take vital signs and master the normal from the abnormal, and 5) master personal and scene safety, and begin the process of patient assessment....

TP
Apr 21, 2021

I took this course as a refresher. As a Navy Corpsman I was a certified EMT and really wanted to maintain this skill set. So i used this as a refresher before my NRT. It was exactly what I needed.

HK
Apr 16, 2020

I have no words for this course, I mean its, really a gem of a course for all healthcare providers and other people as well. I want to recommend this course to all of the people to, save lives.

226 - 231 of 231 Reviews for EMT Foundations

By Juan F

Apr 22, 2021

I love the courses by the University of Colorado but I really find it "impulsive" dealing with online system that keep doing something called solicitation into my email account with ridiculous reminders of assignments that need to be completed. Also I don't care about other students completing the course in a fast manner, that may mean they know how to use skill, but not when to use it. The whole purpose of these courses is to improve a person strategy, not just to be another "Yes man" Please remove non-essential tasks such as statistics, that is my suggestion.

By Jacob T

The knowledge covered by this course is a fantastic place to start for someone just entertaining the idea of becoming an EMT with little-to-no medical background. The course structure and execution was a bit lacking. I had a couple issues that went unanswered from Tech Support. Lots of a little errors throughout that made it seem not professional.

By Brian

Sep 24, 2019

Needs better attention to detail. Needs more frequent updates. Needs equipment list so that we know what we could use to start practicing our skills.

On the positive, good clear instruction. Useful demonstrations, nice they were in uniform, fun seeing the gear that they used.

By Bessoufekad T

Mar 8, 2021

There is a lot of reading and video that are not available ,it would be great if those things were not missing .

By Aleksandra T

Jul 14, 2021

Some of the links and info are outdated

By Muhammad R M