Back to EMT Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EMT Foundations by University of Colorado System

In this course, you will get a thorough introduction to the emergency medical services system, and learn the foundation components to how it works as a whole. You will also learn the nuts and bolts of becoming a healthcare provider, and gain some basic knowledge about the human body. By the end of the course, you will be able to 1) understand the history and components of the EMS system, 2) speak the language of medicine with basic medical terminology, as well as have an understanding of basic human anatomy, 3) understand the different types of communications and how they are specific to EMS, 4) take vital signs and master the normal from the abnormal, and 5) master personal and scene safety, and begin the process of patient assessment....

TP
Apr 21, 2021

I took this course as a refresher. As a Navy Corpsman I was a certified EMT and really wanted to maintain this skill set. So i used this as a refresher before my NRT. It was exactly what I needed.

HK
Apr 16, 2020

I have no words for this course, I mean its, really a gem of a course for all healthcare providers and other people as well. I want to recommend this course to all of the people to, save lives.

26 - 50 of 231 Reviews for EMT Foundations

By Omayabox T

May 4, 2021

This was one of the best courses I've ever done. Teachers are impressively good and go straight to the point giving you all the information needed to be successful. I'm looking forward to the next courses of the EMT Specialization. Congratulations to these professionals their experience and knowledge definitely shows up with this high-quality course.

By Lutchman M

Dec 12, 2020

This course teach me a lot how to handle a patient when you they are in need of help and it will help me more by dealing with patient if given the opportunity to work as a EMT and also it will help me to gain knowledge if my family in need of assistant I will have great experience to assist them in patient care.

By Jillian A V

Feb 24, 2021

I completed the EMT foundation in 3 days I wasn’t rushing, but I had a lot of free time. Theses courses really helped me understand a lot of the training I need to be prepared for becoming an EMT. You can definitely learn a lot from these courses I highly recommend them.

By Jenniffer V M

Jul 26, 2020

Gostei muito desse curso e de como foi didático a forma como somos introduzidos a esse mundo de correrias e traumas. Pra quem tem interesse nessa área este é um ótimo curso e eu recomendo muito!! Assim como os outros que tem relação com esse!

By Tweet G

Feb 16, 2019

I found t extremely user friendly the video cips of 4 - 8 minutes are just the right length.

Though I must qualify this statement by stating that for me this is a refresher of knowledge learnt as a first responder with St John Ambulance

By Heizekiah G

its emotional, has exceptional approach to education because it keeps you thinking and alert for the next event, i feel as if i am an ambulance and doing all activities mentioned within this course. would love to be an EMT

By Leah M

Jun 9, 2021

This course was full of basic information needed to complete the education needed to become and EMT. The videos were easy to watch, the instructors were knowledgeable and enthusiastic about what they do.

By Tana P

Apr 22, 2021

By Sammie L I

Dec 27, 2019

Very thorough debrief of basic skills needed before indulging into the course further. While also providing the necessary tools and vocabulary to help the learner become successful.

By Angelica J

Nov 11, 2020

Thank you so much for developing this course. It is comprehensive and a must learn, not only for EMS providers but for lay responders who doesn't have any medical background.

By Jonathan C H

Jun 28, 2020

A very thorough course, going through the fundamentals of being an EMT. It helped me to learn new skills and refresh on my old ones. Definitely recommend for anyone to do.

By Esther H

Apr 3, 2021

The presenters were very informed and the information was delivered in a very structured and easy-to-follow manner. The reference materials followed this pattern as well.

By ALVARO B H

Aug 5, 2020

The course was given in a really friendly maner, with a lot of content (both external and given). They tought the basics very easily to someone that dind´t know anything

By Honore M

Feb 4, 2021

Not on this course helped me learn many things about EMT but also the skills I gained here will help me in my nursing school. Many thanks to University of Colorado.

By Maha A

Jul 1, 2020

It was a really good experience; the content, lectures and videos were excellent and helpful.

I recommend it to anyone especially if he was in the medical career.

By Berthony P

Dec 12, 2020

This was time well spent. I was looking forward to actually learn something , the teachers keep me captivating, I really enjoy it. Thank you very much. BP

By Kelly R

Feb 10, 2021

taking the EMT course i have learnt alot. how to proform CPR, check the patient bp and how to communicate with the patient also safety come first.

By Gail H

Aug 22, 2020

Nice course. Learned basic things about medical emergencies and communications among healthcare professionals. Learned terminology and formulas.

By Carlos A C M

Apr 19, 2020

It is a very complete course. The information is very concise and easy to understand. I thank the instructors and highly recommend this course.

By Pablo B M

Aug 1, 2021

G​reat step to progressively acquire the skills set to get better prepared for first aid emergency events. Very didactic structured framework.

By boris a

Apr 8, 2020

A very amazing course. I am deeply motivated to apply that practically in my setting in Yaoundé in Cameroon at the Emergency Center of Yaoundé

By Elena B

May 25, 2021

The trainers were great and clear with all the medical terms and the assessment gives you also better understanding of all the materials.

By Mariana F M

Aug 5, 2019

Es un curso que complementa conocimientos de gran utilidad para los profesionales de la salud que estamos en primer nivel de atención.

By David T

May 5, 2020

This was an intensive course taught by true professionals. I highly recommend it if you are looking for in-depth medical knowledge.

By Belly R C

May 3, 2021

Great and enjoyable learning experience, in basic anatomy , vital signs and EMS communications.

It's clear and easy to understand.