Back to Teach English Now! Foundational Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Foundational Principles by Arizona State University

Through a series of engaging metaphors and stories, prospective and current EFL/ESL teachers will identify, summarize, and evaluate 7 basic language learning paradigms. Learners will be presented information on such foundational principles as motivation, risk taking, two different modes of learning, and balancing the teacher profession. Learners are also given an understanding of basic techniques founded on those principles, such as teacher talk, looking “ridiculous” in order to lower the affective filter, and networking. With these foundational principles in mind, ESL/EFL teachers will scrutinize common assumptions about language learning by comparing how they stack up to research-based core principles....
Highlights
Interactive content
(104 Reviews)
Engaging instructors
(331 Reviews)

JJ

Aug 18, 2018

This is a very useful course as I begin my studies to prepare to teach English abroad. ASU is a recognized university and the price is very reasonable. I look forward to the next course in the series.

Nov 30, 2019

A great course! It is a well planned and goes light taking into consideration that the learners work as teachers. I have become a great fan of Dr. Dixon and hope to learn more in the modules to come.

1876 - 1900 of 1,984 Reviews for Teach English Now! Foundational Principles

By Jahanzaib k

Dec 18, 2018

It was a nice experience for me.I learned a lot and will surely apply the techniques in my teaching.

Bundle of thanks to the Instructors.

By Claudia M G R

Nov 07, 2016

Great teachers, fantastic techniques and information. My only complain is that the certificate doesn't comes with the number of hours.

By Anselm C

Feb 09, 2016

Most of videos are great but I think instructors can provide more details for each one, because most of ideas are general and normal.

By Marina P R L

Oct 15, 2017

I found this course amazing for biginner teachers. It helps with basic understanding of what is important for a great teacher to do.

By Marwan s s

Jul 11, 2018

Well, it's an amazing and useful course .. What i'm trying to say is that, when it comes to teaching ,This course is the best one.

By İbrahim N

Dec 06, 2016

The discussions in the last three week were shallow. However, I liked the first three weeks. I really appreciate your work. Thanks

By Fátima C d J N

Feb 18, 2018

Good teaching pace for busy learners and excellent use of metaphors to convey the courses' most important theoretical concepts.

By nop1

Jan 15, 2018

From this course We can know some detail about teach English,and this foundational principles will apply in our work.

By Naida C

Jun 26, 2017

Solid foundational course in the world of L2 instruction. I enjoyed this class and look forward to future coursework.

By Toyia B

Aug 28, 2019

Enjoyed the entire course and videos. Very informative and entertaining. I love the passion of all the presenters.

By Daniela G d S

Dec 07, 2015

This course is really good for the ones, who, like me, want to learn more about teaching English for basic learners.

By Patricia V

Jan 25, 2017

Course was good but I thought more could of been added to the content to make more understandable. For ex. videos

By Hari K K

Jun 27, 2018

The course is simply awesome. The content is perfectly suitable for the foundation of this course actual vision.

By Awder R A

Nov 28, 2016

It was a very useful course. The ideas were simplified by giving simple examples which are not easily forgotten!

By AYaat E

Jul 17, 2018

This course is very useful and important to anyone who cares about teaching the language.

Thanks Shane Dixon.

By Maria F Z

Aug 05, 2018

I recommend this informative and interesting course, I have been learning more than I had thought I would.

By Michael J S

Mar 14, 2016

The previous Coursera forum format was far more useful than the current, new, format used in this course.

By Oriana G

Jun 24, 2017

Great content!

Love the dynamic of every lesson.

Really happy and thankfull for all the knowledge shared.

By Okoye I N

Mar 06, 2019

I totally enjoyed taking this course and unreservedly recommend to every English teacher, old and new.

By Bilal Ç

Oct 05, 2018

I get a lot of teaching technic, teacher behaviour, helping student with different ways. Great course.

By Jessica

Nov 24, 2015

Almost lost me on the first week but so glad I stayed because this course contains some real gems.

By Noam D W

Apr 09, 2016

The only thing is I would have liked to have the chance to give more detailed peer reviews.

By sahil s

Aug 02, 2017

It was a great learning experience! I'm looking forward to finishing rest of the modules.

By Cynthia B

Jan 09, 2017

I really enjoyed the class. The videos were interesting, entertaining, and educational.

By Gyorgy D

Sep 24, 2019

Good course. I would have preferred some more depth on the topics covered for 5 stars.