Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

About this Course

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

By DA

Nov 16, 2015

Very useful and comprehensive information. I warmly recommend this course to all the ones interested in getting a proper understanding of the terms, concepts and designs used in clinical studies.

By SB

Oct 30, 2017

One of the best classes I've taken. It was difficult for me. I had to take the quizzes many times usually to get an A. Worth the effort. I completed the class. I'm proud of the accomplishment.

344 Reviews

By Denys Romero Romero

Jan 16, 2019

Good !

By MARYAM HAMID

Jan 15, 2019

It was informational and started with the basics. It was overall a good course but needs to be more interactive.

By Jasmine

Jan 06, 2019

Great refresher course for those of us who have been away from their MPH programs for a while. But one suggestion -- eliminate the all or nothing questions.

By Isabel Eisner

Jan 02, 2019

Good basic intro to epidemiologic terms and very basic calculations.

By Tina Patterson

Dec 25, 2018

so informational and very important

By Bhupendra Kumar Shah

Dec 17, 2018

it is very useful to me thanks

By Renato B. Fagundes

Dec 14, 2018

Great course!!!

I learn a lot of new things and reformulate many misunderstood concepts.

By Maher Khaldi

Dec 08, 2018

Thank you very much for a really good and educative course ! I enjoyed every minute of it .It was not so easy and it was not so difficult. The course demanded a real effort to be put in , watching the videos more than once , reading the extra material and going over the quizes multiple times before getting a pass! I enjoyed it and I am really thankfull and gratefull for this learning oppurtunity ! Very much recommended!

By Vito Wei

Dec 05, 2018

Extremely beneficial. Professional and detailed.

By Andrew Jajja

Nov 29, 2018

Very good starter/introductory course to epidemiology. Manageable and informative.