Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N

Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

A

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

201 - 225 of 1,055 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Maxine P M

The course structure was dynamic and well planned. There were just enough video/lectures and readings to maintain interest, yet be rigorous and informative. Thanks.

By Suberu M O

Aug 6, 2019

As a Guidance Counsellor, i find this interesting. Adding to my knowledge about health, risk factors, rates and prevalence of diseases and health outcomes. its a wow.

By Megan A C

Nov 10, 2020

It is very insightful and piqued my interest in public health. I was able to get learnings that I can apply when I go to college or apply in my career in the future!

By Apriliani I

Provides a fundamental understanding of epidemiological studies to the point of upgrading my epistemological understanding through causal inference. Real thanks :)))

By Nguyen T L P

Aug 3, 2019

The lecture is so clear and persuasive. I love the way the lecturer convey the knowledge, so soft and easy to understand. Hope this course more develop in the future

By Mary K K

Feb 26, 2021

Very informative. I found it extremely interesting and relevant with the coronavirus epidemic. I was not a

fan of Statistics but found this course easy to follow.

By Robert B N

Sep 4, 2019

It was very interesting course i have ever taken the concise explanations got me feeling already in the field thanks coursera and i strongly recommend this course

By Kimberly R

Oct 29, 2020

I loved this course! I really found these videos helpful. Throwing in questions during the videos also motivated me to stay focused and really grasp the material.

By Amanda C

Sep 16, 2020

I really enjoyed the teaching and the course materials! I also appreciated that the exams were not super easy and really required you to be engaged in the course!

By Xingyue Z

Aug 25, 2020

This is a wonderful introductory course explaining the basic concept of epidemiology. There is still a long way to go, like diving into the causal inference, etc.

By Preeyapat M

May 14, 2020

I love this course! it helps me a lot in preparing my basic knowledge of Public Health before starting my master's degree in Public Health. Thank you, professors!

By Efosa O

Apr 11, 2016

It was a very helpful course for me in preparing for my master's program in public health. Dr David is a very good teacher and it was a great learning experience!

By Yanika V

Apr 27, 2020

the content of this course is very good, though I think some of the quiz are sometime confusing. I really enjoy the course and I learn a lot from it. Thank you!!

By SAMUEL O A

Aug 30, 2020

EVERY LESSON KEPT MY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING TOWARDS DISEASES AND HEALTH OUTCOMES IN POPULATION WELL DEFINED, REALLY UNDERSTOOD THE CONCEPT OF EPIDEMIOLOGY.

By Rachel C

Apr 30, 2020

The test was really hard especially for multiple choice, but I was happy to take this course. It was such a great opportunity to learn about basic epidemiology.

By vivek s

Sep 29, 2019

I liked the course very much. Within no time I was able to add epidemilogy skills to my list of skills. Thank you very much professors for your time.

Best,

Vivek

By Fran B

Feb 7, 2016

This covers a lot but in a clear and manageable fashion. Really impressed to find this available, just wish there were more public health courses on Coursera!

By Lina E P S

Oct 19, 2015

Excelente curso, en ocasiones el material puede ser un poco denso pero para eso se puede detener el video y retomar. Es muy bueno que dejen material adicional.

By Victor C

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent Tutorial, Video , Presentation and reading Material. Could never get this kind of training elsewhere . Thanks to the Presenters for an excellent job

By Rhoda K

Jun 2, 2020

I appreciate the idea of this course. I found it's usefulness and relevance with Nutrition. Public health Nutrition is Definitely what i would love to explore

By Marco M

Mar 2, 2016

Amazing and simple introduction to epidemiology! The additional resources resume the information very well and facilitate reviewing the content of the course

By Prerna H

Jul 7, 2020

The course covered the epidemiology concepts with examples. The explanation was lucid . Very good 👍 course for getting introduced to public health domain.

By Tolulope O

Jun 19, 2017

It is an eye opener. It is worth the while. I am so happy i took the course and i recommend it for starters in the field of epidemiology and public health.

By Utpal R

May 23, 2021

It's a great course and, it's really fun to learn about the population and how certain transitions change the diseases among us, overall great experience.

By ezgi t

Apr 28, 2020

This course gave me a great basic knowledge before entering this area. lessons are really clear and additional documents perfectly summarize the subjects.