Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N

Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

TW

Jun 17, 2021

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

151 - 175 of 1,066 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Prabhsimran S

Nov 1, 2015

Great course. Contained little pieces of information that adds to my knowledge of epidemiology. I am grateful that I am associated with Coursera, because of which I was able to add stuff to my encyclopedia.

By Bhagyashree R

May 2, 2022

It's a highly informative course. It covers all most all the parts of basic epidemiology. I'm so glad for being a part of this course. Indeed an informative, easily understandable course.

Thankyou so much.

By James P

May 7, 2020

This course is such great help especially during this time of coronavirus. It helped me gain a better understanding of the data that I see on the media on diseases and the field of epidemiology as a whole.

By David O O

Nov 17, 2017

I found the course very informative and technical to the right level. I have finally understood the evading topic of measures of health outcome occurrence and association including how to interpret them.

By Redvers F C

Jun 1, 2020

Wowza!!! That was so awesome!!! Thank you to Coursera and to my fantastic lecturers for giving me so much fun and enjoyment in studying this brilliant short course. The course was extremely satisfying!!!

By Juan C C C

Mar 11, 2017

Me pareció un curso muy completo y sencillo de entender. Los ejercicios que proponen son muy útiles, dado que explican la razón por la que la respuesta es correcta o no. Recomiendo el curso ampliamente.

By Timothy D

Sep 27, 2016

Not very in-depth, but I don't think it was really meant to be. Good starting off point to see if you like this kind of thing, and it's helped me understand the important concepts behind public health.

By Guilherme A T F

Jun 29, 2021

Excellent course, with great organization of videos, texts and examples. Well organized for beginners in Public Health, as a perfect and critical introduction to the world of clinical epidemiology.

By Thant Z W

Jun 18, 2021

By PSD P

Sep 26, 2020

I started this course to refresh my knowledge. The lecturers has made the boring stuff in epidemeology into easy to learn contents.

I hope to join more of your courses in future.

By Olga M

Apr 20, 2020

Interesting, a great introduction in epidemiology and public health. I especially enjoyed the experimental trials design lectures. A good start for someone who wants to have a view in the field.

By Mary B

I loved this course, I have a BS and MS in Biology, but I've had a strong interest in Public health and Epidemology and this course has just heightened my interest even more. Thank You so much

By Monica D

Aug 9, 2015

It's a very great course for beginners who want to know the basics of epidemiology, I learned a lot from it. It gives a lot of examples, pictures, flashed to explain things, easy to understand.

By Rihab A

May 9, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much. Was an excellent refresher for myself and all the material, additional reading resources and instruction from the professors was clear and concise. Thank you!

By Garlon E R

Oct 21, 2020

This course was frustrating at first. i completed the forth week quis and had to start over from beganing. im happy now that i have completed the course and now want to do contact tracing.

By Dewni A

Jun 3, 2020

I had no prior knowledge on epidemiology at all. But the explanations made it easy for me to understand everything easily. Learned a great lot of new things from this course. It was great!

By Yukie L

Nov 22, 2015

Great for beginners in Epidemiology! Not too intense, but covers topics from epidemiological studies, risks and ratios, calculation of CI and p-values. Very informative and easy to follow!

By David E

Apr 1, 2020

I have needed such a class to be challenged in my career as a Clinical Exercise Physiologist. It has add to being up to date on research epidemiology and interpretation.

Thank you so much!

By Rupsa T

Aug 1, 2020

I am a 3rd year student of dentistry and I've always hated public health. But this course opened my eyes to what public health actually is and I am very grateful to the teachers for that

By Apurvi J

Jan 3, 2021

I have learned how to apply the things learnt in this course to analyse and interpret public health data. The course is full of examples explaining all the concepts in simple language.

By Erika T S Z

Buenas tardes, el curso te da un abre bocas del campo de la epidemiología y la salud publica. Brinda las pautas de herramientas fundamentales para hacer investigación en epidemiología.

By Joann N B

Jun 11, 2022

very hard to keep up because your Coursera network has problems with the APP and the online portion of the class. i have reported this. really unfair to give a review at this time.

By Amitabha D

Apr 19, 2020

This Epidemiology basics course is very good for the learners, who actually wants his/her career in the public health sector. I wish good luck to the instructors for their endeavours.

By Shaheena A

Mar 19, 2018

Well managed course. Excellent teachers with good teaching skills, I didnt expect myself to complete this course on time but you compelled me to work harder and achieve it. Thank you

By Md. S U A A

Apr 12, 2018

Thank you very much. It provided a very good basic foundation of epidemiology, public health & research designs to me. Excellent videos & additional resources. Love from Bangladesh.