Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N
Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

TW
Jun 17, 2021

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

151 - 175 of 1,012 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Thant Z W

Jun 18, 2021

By PSD P

Sep 26, 2020

I started this course to refresh my knowledge. The lecturers has made the boring stuff in epidemeology into easy to learn contents.

I hope to join more of your courses in future.

By Olga M

Apr 20, 2020

Interesting, a great introduction in epidemiology and public health. I especially enjoyed the experimental trials design lectures. A good start for someone who wants to have a view in the field.

By Mary B

I loved this course, I have a BS and MS in Biology, but I've had a strong interest in Public health and Epidemology and this course has just heightened my interest even more. Thank You so much

By Monica D

Aug 9, 2015

It's a very great course for beginners who want to know the basics of epidemiology, I learned a lot from it. It gives a lot of examples, pictures, flashed to explain things, easy to understand.

By Rihab A

May 9, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much. Was an excellent refresher for myself and all the material, additional reading resources and instruction from the professors was clear and concise. Thank you!

By Garlon E R

Oct 21, 2020

This course was frustrating at first. i completed the forth week quis and had to start over from beganing. im happy now that i have completed the course and now want to do contact tracing.

By Dewni A

Jun 3, 2020

I had no prior knowledge on epidemiology at all. But the explanations made it easy for me to understand everything easily. Learned a great lot of new things from this course. It was great!

By Yukie L

Nov 22, 2015

Great for beginners in Epidemiology! Not too intense, but covers topics from epidemiological studies, risks and ratios, calculation of CI and p-values. Very informative and easy to follow!

By David E

Apr 1, 2020

I have needed such a class to be challenged in my career as a Clinical Exercise Physiologist. It has add to being up to date on research epidemiology and interpretation.

Thank you so much!

By Rupsa T

Aug 1, 2020

I am a 3rd year student of dentistry and I've always hated public health. But this course opened my eyes to what public health actually is and I am very grateful to the teachers for that

By Apurvi J

Jan 3, 2021

I have learned how to apply the things learnt in this course to analyse and interpret public health data. The course is full of examples explaining all the concepts in simple language.

By Erika T S Z

Buenas tardes, el curso te da un abre bocas del campo de la epidemiología y la salud publica. Brinda las pautas de herramientas fundamentales para hacer investigación en epidemiología.

By Amitabha D

Apr 19, 2020

This Epidemiology basics course is very good for the learners, who actually wants his/her career in the public health sector. I wish good luck to the instructors for their endeavours.

By Shaheena A

Mar 19, 2018

Well managed course. Excellent teachers with good teaching skills, I didnt expect myself to complete this course on time but you compelled me to work harder and achieve it. Thank you

By Md. S U A A

Apr 12, 2018

Thank you very much. It provided a very good basic foundation of epidemiology, public health & research designs to me. Excellent videos & additional resources. Love from Bangladesh.

By Mohammed H

Oct 7, 2020

It was a great experience to be a part of this course and I have enjoyed a lot and come to know lots of new things that open my thinking process and got so many ideas for research

By Huber V

Nov 17, 2015

One of, if not the, best course in the topic. Highly recommended for med students, statisticians, graduate doctors and public health servers. Great job Dr. Yeatts and Dr. Alexander!

By Dr.Trishnika S

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Very efficient course for someone who wants their basic to be cleared. The quizzes were a bit difficult and also, the quizzes made things clearer.

By Benchirouf N

Apr 30, 2020

A very interesting and informative course, it gave me a good start in the field of epidemiology in a simple and organized way.. I am happy I joined your class ..Thank you very much

By Ying X

Oct 12, 2020

The course is very useful and interesting. It helped me be clear in important concepts of epidemiology and also help me build a clear structure of epidemiological studies. Thanks!

By Mohammad J Q

Sep 3, 2020

One of the best course ever I came-across. Pedagogical approach is excellent. Clarity of concepts with genuine examples are helpful in better understanding. Keep it up. Thank You

By Muhammad W A

Apr 30, 2020

The best course with best syllabus and outline. The beauty of this course "Simple and advanced.

Thanks you UNC to provide us with brilliant educational content and certificate

By JUSTIN C N

Mar 8, 2020

The course has the basic fundamentals in the field of epidemiology in public health science and I will recommend this course to everyone interested in public health in general

By Shari E

Jul 28, 2017

This class is wonderful for those looking to get a foundation in public health! A very comprehensive, well-structured syllabus that is well adjusted to suit an online course.