Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N
Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

A

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

251 - 275 of 899 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Bryan J C C

Jan 14, 2016

Informative and complete, accurately provides the basics of the course. Perfect foundation for going deeper into the study.

By Naghmeh N M

Aug 18, 2015

Well organized and while challenging, fluent course materials in this course provides a fine introduction to Epidemiology.

By Parimal C B

Jul 4, 2020

Great Course to enter the field of epidemiology. The course has ignited an interest in me to move forward in this field.

By Jamie

May 13, 2020

Felt like I came out of it a lot stronger and more confident in my foundation when evaluating research as an optometrist.

By Numan U

May 3, 2020

Nice course. Very useful materials, and the instructors were very helpful; they broke it down and made it understandable.

By Abdullah I A A

Oct 12, 2019

This is course is a very good introduction for anyone interested in entering the field of epidemiology and public health.

By Maria F G R

Apr 2, 2017

Excelente introducción a la epidemiología y el material. Muy útil para repasar conceptos y para sacar ideas como docente.

By Ernestine P - I

Nov 4, 2020

Thanks for this Course! Looking forward to my specialization course in epidemiology with you! More power and God bless!

By Christos M

Sep 24, 2020

"Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health" is a very well-organized, insightful and prestigious online course.

By Janina L

Oct 1, 2016

Very informative and liked the mini quizzes in between and the visuals as well. Made the learning experience smooth.

By Mohammad K U

Jul 28, 2016

An informative and nicely structured course. Recommend those who want to gather precise knowledge about Epidemiology.

By Debora A

Aug 1, 2020

I love this course. This course makes me understand how to learn about the basic of epidemiology. Thank you so much.

By Marcarious M T

Apr 29, 2020

It was worth my time. Hope to pursue my career in PH. Thank you so much for making epidemiology look so easy for me.

By Jose A P V

Jun 8, 2019

This was my first course in coursera and I really enjoyed it, all the information was clear and very helpful. Thanks

By Tzouliana T

Jun 24, 2018

a great course for everyone that wants to start epidemiology! it helped me a lot at my epidemiology class in my uni.

By Samuel V D L

Feb 22, 2020

Excellent, I learned a lot about the topic and I could integrate psychological research concepts with epidemiology.

By Omar A

Nov 16, 2018

Thank you for such an innovative and informative course. Very amazing and to the point and simple at the same time.

By Sanja B

Jun 13, 2017

A great course, very dynamic and interesting and covering all the basics in epidemiology. Absolutely recommendable!

By Serdar Ö

Jun 27, 2020

Liked the pace of the course and the level of detail. If you are interested in Epidemiology, I would recommend it.

By Jesús E O S

Jun 15, 2020

One of the best courses on this platform. Complete, simple and very detailed, with useful exercises and examples .

By Veronica M B L

Oct 17, 2017

This was the perfect course to introduce me to the field of public health, a new career that I would like to pursu

By TAN S C J

Mar 18, 2017

Very well delivered online course. Lecturers were able to explained the concepts of epidemiology concepts clearly.

By Maria V V B

Oct 2, 2020

A very well instructed and guided course, quizzes were pretty difficult but all the information was given. Great!

By Carlos A G N

Jun 26, 2020

Excellent content, excellent professors, iwell structured with basic and clear concepts. Gained lot of knowledge.

By Bernice D

Jun 19, 2020

A good short course to begin a journey in Epidemiology. Quizzes were tasking but definitely do-able. Recommended!