Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N

Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

TW

Jun 17, 2021

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

126 - 150 of 1,066 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Elaine H

Aug 22, 2021

This was a really informative course. Very in depth, but worth all the hard work. The presentations were very clear and the notes were provided along with visuals. I would highly recommend. Already looking for my next subject

By Surbhi S

Feb 17, 2017

this course teaches precise and useful concepts of epidemiology. the way of teaching is simple yet understandable. thanks a lot to all the teachers for putting in their efforts and for providing us with an opportunity to learn it!

By Sagar L

Dec 26, 2020

Extremely helpful for the people who are new to the field of Epidemiology. Especially, the reading material provided within the course. It covers the essential topics in a very easy to understand language and is very informative.

By Kirsten O

Feb 7, 2016

I struggle with Epidemiology and Statistics, and this course helped me to get a better understanding of the teories of Epidemiology and helped me to use it in practic. Thank you for putting so much time in building these modules.

By Tofazzal H

Sep 29, 2020

I learnt epidemiological topic such as cohort study, ecology study , measures of frequency ,measures of association, measures of precision and their ratios details. It was very interesting to me.I will learn more in the future.

By Angie C

Jul 19, 2020

loved this class! learned so much about epidemiology during such a crucial time. I understand so much more about the behind the scenes, and hope to be able to advance my learning in epidemiology and public health in the future.

By Avvy S U

Aug 6, 2021

it was very informative. I thought I cant finish the course but I did. This course is a way to awake my interest again about public health. thank you for the learnings and surely I'll use it in paving my way for the future.

By humberto g

Jun 7, 2020

Excelente curso. Ofrece conocimientos básicos sobre epidemiología, pero no por ello carece de rigor. Para los que tienen conocimientos en economía, mucha de la metodología vista en el curso les será relativamente familiar.

By Diana A H

Nov 9, 2015

Excellent!! Now I understand more about Epidemiology!! I'm trying to get into a masters in Public Health or Healthcare Administration, so this will be really helpful to me!! I'll definitely search your graduate programs :)

By Matthew B

Dec 12, 2021

Great course and fantastic professors! The quizzes are meant to make you think twice or thrice and to apply what you've learnt before answering, so stop complaining, folk, and enjoy the experience while learning smth new.

By Romina V V

Dec 24, 2017

Realmente aprendí mucho con este curso. Me ayudó a entender las variables que se deben tener en cuenta para poder elegir un método de estudio sobre epidemiología en la población, algo en lo que realmente estoy interesada.

By Jennifer E

Mar 14, 2017

A great introduction to the field of epidemiology. The lectures are easy to follow and understand. I liked the examples, which also gave a good insight in studies and possible opportunities to apply the gained knowledge.

By Victor C T

Apr 12, 2022

AWESOME ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! There were times I struggled real bad, BUT THE COMMENTS in the little lefthand corner ("WORDS" of Encouragement kept ME going forward, telling ME not to quit. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

By Cheryl

Feb 13, 2019

Really found this course very useful and helpful in giving not just an overview but understanding key concepts in the field of epidemiology. It was well paced and the fact that we could reset datelines was a lifesaver.

By Carmem A d F O

Jul 21, 2021

I love to learn and ths course brought me the opportunity to review important basic concepts in Epidemiology. Congratulations to Professors Lorraine Alexander and Karin Yeatts for the excelent content of the course!

By Tyler P

Sep 2, 2016

This is a very good course. I'm a resident physician and am looking forward to completing it. I didn't realize I would be so busy with work last month. I'm hoping to finish it this month if it is still available.

By Aitana M

Sep 2, 2016

Curso completo y fácil de seguir, sienta las bases para entender artículos científicos, repasar conceptos algo olvidados de la carrera y una buena base para entender el mundo de la salud pública y su funcionamiento.

By Erick P C

Jul 16, 2020

I loved this course. It provides the foundation of epidemiology with such a level of details that encourage me to keep looking for more info. Great teaching and supporting materials. I highly recommend this course.

By Quoc B

Jun 8, 2020

This course is absolutely a good introduction for people who are interested in public health. I believe the course provide some basic understanding about epidemiology, especially in the scenario of COVID-19 crisis.

By O G O

Jun 9, 2019

The mechanism with which the tutors dissected this seemingly undecodeable course leaves me in awe. It simplified the course. Gave me the opportunity to make time preferences and aid my convinience.

So explicit!

By Ayu W

This course is just the right dose of information in fulfilling my curiosity in Public Health, specifically epidemiology. I have no background in this field, though, I am looking into furthering my education.

By Shweta Y

Apr 14, 2020

Great course. Especially, the quizzes which kept me on my toes. Although this is a self paced course but you should release the answer key after some time as some of the questions still bother me. Thank you!

By MOHAMMAD F A

Nov 13, 2019

Thanks for the course. It was really helpful to review some of the topics in basic epidemiology. The course could be more better with better presentation and by sharing more basic information in a simple way.

By Dane J

Feb 25, 2017

5/5 as an intro course. I wish that there had been some more in depth learning, but this course is intended only to give a broad overview of epidemiology. Good lectures, good examples, all around good course.

By John A

Jun 8, 2017

This is a great course for anyone wanting to start a career in epidemiology. I apply the concepts i learnt in my day today research and understanding clinical science. Thanks to the instructors and Coursera.