Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N
Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

TW
Jun 17, 2021

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

126 - 150 of 1,013 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Angie C

Jul 19, 2020

loved this class! learned so much about epidemiology during such a crucial time. I understand so much more about the behind the scenes, and hope to be able to advance my learning in epidemiology and public health in the future.

By Avvy S U

Aug 6, 2021

it was very informative. I thought I cant finish the course but I did. This course is a way to awake my interest again about public health. thank you for the learnings and surely I'll use it in paving my way for the future.

By Humberto G G

Jun 7, 2020

Excelente curso. Ofrece conocimientos básicos sobre epidemiología, pero no por ello carece de rigor. Para los que tienen conocimientos en economía, mucha de la metodología vista en el curso les será relativamente familiar.

By Diana A H

Nov 9, 2015

Excellent!! Now I understand more about Epidemiology!! I'm trying to get into a masters in Public Health or Healthcare Administration, so this will be really helpful to me!! I'll definitely search your graduate programs :)

By Romina V V

Dec 24, 2017

Realmente aprendí mucho con este curso. Me ayudó a entender las variables que se deben tener en cuenta para poder elegir un método de estudio sobre epidemiología en la población, algo en lo que realmente estoy interesada.

By Jennifer E

Mar 14, 2017

A great introduction to the field of epidemiology. The lectures are easy to follow and understand. I liked the examples, which also gave a good insight in studies and possible opportunities to apply the gained knowledge.

By Cheryl

Feb 13, 2019

Really found this course very useful and helpful in giving not just an overview but understanding key concepts in the field of epidemiology. It was well paced and the fact that we could reset datelines was a lifesaver.

By Carmem A d F O

Jul 21, 2021

I love to learn and ths course brought me the opportunity to review important basic concepts in Epidemiology. Congratulations to Professors Lorraine Alexander and Karin Yeatts for the excelent content of the course!

By Tyler P

Sep 2, 2016

This is a very good course. I'm a resident physician and am looking forward to completing it. I didn't realize I would be so busy with work last month. I'm hoping to finish it this month if it is still available.

By Aitana M

Sep 2, 2016

Curso completo y fácil de seguir, sienta las bases para entender artículos científicos, repasar conceptos algo olvidados de la carrera y una buena base para entender el mundo de la salud pública y su funcionamiento.

By Erick P C

Jul 16, 2020

I loved this course. It provides the foundation of epidemiology with such a level of details that encourage me to keep looking for more info. Great teaching and supporting materials. I highly recommend this course.

By Quoc B

Jun 8, 2020

This course is absolutely a good introduction for people who are interested in public health. I believe the course provide some basic understanding about epidemiology, especially in the scenario of COVID-19 crisis.

By O G O

Jun 9, 2019

The mechanism with which the tutors dissected this seemingly undecodeable course leaves me in awe. It simplified the course. Gave me the opportunity to make time preferences and aid my convinience.

So explicit!

By Ayu W

This course is just the right dose of information in fulfilling my curiosity in Public Health, specifically epidemiology. I have no background in this field, though, I am looking into furthering my education.

By Shweta Y

Apr 14, 2020

Great course. Especially, the quizzes which kept me on my toes. Although this is a self paced course but you should release the answer key after some time as some of the questions still bother me. Thank you!

By MOHAMMAD F A

Nov 13, 2019

Thanks for the course. It was really helpful to review some of the topics in basic epidemiology. The course could be more better with better presentation and by sharing more basic information in a simple way.

By Dane J

Feb 25, 2017

5/5 as an intro course. I wish that there had been some more in depth learning, but this course is intended only to give a broad overview of epidemiology. Good lectures, good examples, all around good course.

By John A

Jun 8, 2017

This is a great course for anyone wanting to start a career in epidemiology. I apply the concepts i learnt in my day today research and understanding clinical science. Thanks to the instructors and Coursera.

By Prabhsimran S

Nov 1, 2015

Great course. Contained little pieces of information that adds to my knowledge of epidemiology. I am grateful that I am associated with Coursera, because of which I was able to add stuff to my encyclopedia.

By James P

May 7, 2020

This course is such great help especially during this time of coronavirus. It helped me gain a better understanding of the data that I see on the media on diseases and the field of epidemiology as a whole.

By David O O

Nov 17, 2017

I found the course very informative and technical to the right level. I have finally understood the evading topic of measures of health outcome occurrence and association including how to interpret them.

By Redvers F C

Jun 1, 2020

Wowza!!! That was so awesome!!! Thank you to Coursera and to my fantastic lecturers for giving me so much fun and enjoyment in studying this brilliant short course. The course was extremely satisfying!!!

By Juan C C C

Mar 11, 2017

Me pareció un curso muy completo y sencillo de entender. Los ejercicios que proponen son muy útiles, dado que explican la razón por la que la respuesta es correcta o no. Recomiendo el curso ampliamente.

By Timothy D

Sep 27, 2016

Not very in-depth, but I don't think it was really meant to be. Good starting off point to see if you like this kind of thing, and it's helped me understand the important concepts behind public health.

By Guilherme A T F

Jun 29, 2021

Excellent course, with great organization of videos, texts and examples. Well organized for beginners in Public Health, as a perfect and critical introduction to the world of clinical epidemiology.