Back to Everyday Chinese Medicine

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Chinese Medicine by The Chinese University of Hong Kong

This course aims to serve as an education platform on Chinese medicine (CM) for the general public. Our primary goal is to empower healthcare choices by promoting awareness and practical application on CM diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, as well as regulation on CM services and herbal products using international examples. In the first part of this course, learners will develop skills in applying basic theory of Chinese medicine (CM) for understanding health and illnesses, and be able to compare and contrast views from Chinese and western medicine perspectives. In the second part, learners will be able to diagnose their own CM body constitution, and to apply appropriate CM self-care practice including food therapy, acupressure, Baduanjin and meditation. Learners will also be able to identify commonly used Chinese herbs, and to describe the core principle of acupuncture. Specific competencies include: 1. State the basic theory of Chinese medicine and compare it with the principle of western medicine. 2. Apply the diagnostic approach of Chinese medicine and describe one’s body constitution. 3. Describe the core principle of Chinese herbs and acupuncture, and to understand their role in promoting health and wellness. 4. Develop self-care plan according to body constitution, using the practice of food therapy, acupressure, and Baduanjin....

AA

Feb 20, 2019

My interest in herbalism and alternate medicine brought me to this course. It was very informative indeed and I made notes often. The tests are also to the point. Thank you, professors and Coursera!

RR

Dec 09, 2017

Very interesting material, really enjoyed this course!\n\n**When answering the 'fill the blank questions' make sure you write the answer perfectly including punctuation using american English.

1 - 25 of 76 Reviews for Everyday Chinese Medicine

By Gabriele S

Jun 02, 2019

In the beginning it seemed too easy, not that engaging and difficult to understand (1st week). Later on, it became really interesting and logical as well as useful for self-help. I would recommend this course to anyone, who wants to know more about their own or just health in general and to those, who want to study Chinese Medicine as an introductory course and a stepping stone. Thank You! I am really happy with the outcome :))

By Agniya

Jul 18, 2019

Well-delivered course. Easier to comprehend thirst through transcripts and then through watching video.

By John W

Jul 12, 2019

This was well organized and really like the transcript if click on would go back to that spot and repeat what the practitioner lectured on. I enjoyed this course. The only two thing I would change is to have the reading available so one can read without waiting for books to arrive by mail and secondly, have the Chinese words and material presented on the screen available as PDF like they do for week5 throughout out, or offer the PPT as downloadable too. With that said the material covered and transcripts have the information in it to pass the test(s). I had asked the question what does the certificate of completion say as the title Everyday Chinese Medicine in my opinion does not really due Justice to the topics learned. Should say some thing like Fundamentals of TCM utilizing Zang-Fu/ Yin and Yang theory. This course offers much more that the title denotes. Thanks for offering this course!!!! Will definitely recommend it.

By Nguyen T

Jun 01, 2019

Very good!

By Mindy G

May 29, 2019

Exceptional course to teach basics of TCM.

By Donna K

May 26, 2019

This is an excellent course to understand how Chinese medicine work.

By Kyleigh T

May 25, 2019

This class is wonderful. I have taken it 3 times and I keep learning something new each time I watch the videos and read the articles.

By Sharon E L

May 14, 2019

Excellent foundation course to understand the practice of TCM. Thank you!

By Định T

May 02, 2019

Excellent

By Sylvia C

Apr 28, 2019

very good introductory course

By HAMMAD U R B

Apr 11, 2019

Everyday Chinese Medicine course was really an informative and difficult course. But, throughout the course i really enjoyed about all aspects of body according to Chinese Medicine. 5 Starts

By 王治国

Apr 07, 2019

讲的

By Michael K

Mar 24, 2019

Nice review of the basic concepts of Chinese Medicine. I would potentially send clients to this course who express interest in learning more.

By leonardo v

Mar 19, 2019

ótimo conteúdo

By Fabrice P

Mar 18, 2019

Great intro or revision of the basics of Chinese Medicine. Would love to have a more complete course in this format.

By Nathan C

Mar 18, 2019

Great overview of Chinese Medicine. This helped me review for parts of my acupuncture certification exam.

Many of the videos were slightly too fast, making it difficult to take notes. This also led to only briefly discussing many points, without providing background information or explanation.

This course is a great survey of Chinese Medicine that should help a curious student to decide whether they would like to continue studying Chinese Medicine in more depth.

By Ruth R

Mar 11, 2019

This was a great course! I hope they offer a follow up course to it soon. Perhaps with emphasis on herbal remedies.

By Pedro J L G

Feb 27, 2019

A good tool to initiate and have basics

By Keith M

Feb 25, 2019

Outstanding course on the very basics of Chinese Medicine - now for research and reading.

By Amber

Feb 20, 2019

By Anna C

Feb 16, 2019

I could explain the Chinese medicine theory to my patients with proper professional medical terms in English after the training

By Harishankar G

Feb 02, 2019

I learned many things regarding traditional chinese medicine.

I want to take diploma course also from this university .please help regarding this

By Estêvão E d C A G

Jan 29, 2019

I think it's a good course for someone who is curious about the principles of TCM and wants to know more