Back to Everyday Chinese Medicine

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Chinese Medicine by The Chinese University of Hong Kong

This course aims to serve as an education platform on Chinese medicine (CM) for the general public. Our primary goal is to empower healthcare choices by promoting awareness and practical application on CM diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, as well as regulation on CM services and herbal products using international examples. In the first part of this course, learners will develop skills in applying basic theory of Chinese medicine (CM) for understanding health and illnesses, and be able to compare and contrast views from Chinese and western medicine perspectives. In the second part, learners will be able to diagnose their own CM body constitution, and to apply appropriate CM self-care practice including food therapy, acupressure, Baduanjin and meditation. Learners will also be able to identify commonly used Chinese herbs, and to describe the core principle of acupuncture. Specific competencies include: 1. State the basic theory of Chinese medicine and compare it with the principle of western medicine. 2. Apply the diagnostic approach of Chinese medicine and describe one’s body constitution. 3. Describe the core principle of Chinese herbs and acupuncture, and to understand their role in promoting health and wellness. 4. Develop self-care plan according to body constitution, using the practice of food therapy, acupressure, and Baduanjin....

AA
Feb 19, 2019

My interest in herbalism and alternate medicine brought me to this course. It was very informative indeed and I made notes often. The tests are also to the point. Thank you, professors and Coursera!

AP
Dec 28, 2020

A very nice program for understanding the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Quite analogous to the Ayurvedic Medicine that deals with imbalance of vata (air), pittha (fire) and kapha (cold).

26 - 50 of 222 Reviews for Everyday Chinese Medicine

By Lara L

Jun 26, 2020

Excellent detailed introduction course to Chinese Medicine! The video lectures went into perfect depth and the optional readings went into extreme depth. Both supplement one another very well and I feel I am able to diagnose myself accurately as well as others!

By MARIA C Z D

Nov 8, 2020

He aprendido muchas nociones sobre la medicina china que desconocía. Me ha resultado algo mas difícil por tener que ir traduciendo al español ya aunque algunos apartados estaban traducido no lo estaba la totalidad del curso asi como los exámenes tampoco.

By Miriam M

Mar 29, 2020

Really great course! Very easy to follow and gives a very good idea of Chinese Medicine, i highly recommend it for anyone interested in the topic. The only thing missing, that is probably related to coursera, is to be able to download the whole course.

By Rose R

Apr 25, 2020

Absolutely informative! great introduction to actual Chinese Medicine. it is my dream to become a Chinese Medicine Practitioner! and this opened me up to more about what I will hopefully one day be practicing daily!

Thank you so much for this course!

By Yaki W

Nov 1, 2018

Great content and intro to TCM! As a bilingual student I wish the course was conducted in Chinese with English subtitles. This would allow me to calibrate what I already know in Chinese and learn the terms to explain it to an English audience.

By Tatiane B T L

Nov 18, 2019

I really enjoyed the course, having contributed to the application of the knowledge I am already seeking. I suggest that the opposite number of hours appear on the back of the certificate. This information was missing.

By Kemmy L

Apr 1, 2021

Excellent course with comprehensive detail and explained with clear diagrams and summarising tables. Explanation is also direct and straight forward. Love this course and look forward to the Part 2. Thank you.

By JÚLIA C

Mar 3, 2021

The course is very enlightening, it was formulated gradually, generating an easy line of understanding. I loved to know more about this side of medicine that is so little talked about in my country in Brazil.

By luis

Jul 31, 2019

faltaría añadir el tema de la acupresión y acupuntura como tambien tecnicas y remedios pero para explicar el tema de Qi y hacer un anlisis esta bien lo siguiente es ir adquiriendo mas conocimientos.

By Amber

Feb 20, 2019

By Luis R H S O

Aug 23, 2018

magnificente i really love it but the chinesse speaking engish was to complicated dont got a lot of explanation. but in general was awesome and reinforce my chinese medicine concepts and practice

By Anand P

Dec 29, 2020

By Fantin C

Aug 10, 2020

I am a TCM student, and I deeply appreciated both the high quality of the contents, and the excellent pedagogy of this course. I feel grateful to have access to it, and highly recommend it.

By María J L M

Jan 6, 2021

Muy buen curso como introducción a la MTC. Me volvería a inscribir. Y si programan otro curso de nivel más avanzado para profundizar en los conocimientos adquiridos, lo haré también.

By June P S

Mar 29, 2021

The test questions are tricky. You have to read carefully before you answer. I enjoyed learning this overview of Chinese medicine. Hope you will have more courses on acupuncture.

By José A C S M

May 22, 2020

very interesting and enriching to me. I study veterinary medicine, the course was fascinating. The concepts, approaches of Chinese medicine are very different and complex!

By Michal

Feb 15, 2018

Basic course with nicely organised information, in my opinion good starting point for people who are interested in chinese medicine but do not have any medical knowledge.

By Rittika K

May 3, 2020

Something everyone can benefit from knowing and understanding and so well put together that even a non -medically inclined student can be interested and learn smoothly.

By Sarah L

Apr 26, 2020

A very infomative introduction into Chinese Medicine. If you are interested in the field then this course is perfect! I thouroughly enjoyed the past 5 weeks. Thank you!

By Albeiro R

Sep 6, 2018

It is an excellent starting into Chinese medicine. I could understand very basic but important concepts that would help me to deep in the right path. Thanks very much.

By ae c

Nov 22, 2020

I Learned very much despite the langage barrier. Thank you a million Professor Chung and other Professors as well. Is it possible to get a participatión certificate ?

By Jackson Q L

Apr 30, 2020

Parabéns pelo conteúdo, de estrema qualidade educacional. Parabéns a todos os professores que se dedicaram a ensinar esta arte milenar que pouco explorada na mundo.

By Shanelle B

Mar 20, 2018

Absolutely loved this class. It is packed with information and has ignited a larger interest for me to learn more about TCM. Thank you for offering this class!

By Efi C G

Nov 16, 2020

Muy útil para personas como yo, sin conocimiento previo, Abarca muy bien todo lo básico de la medicina China y se explica de una forma fácil e interactiva.