About this Professional Certificate
Applied Learning Project
This Professional Certificate will give you a firm understanding of AI, its applications, and its use cases. You will become familiar with IBM Watson AI services and APIs. If you have no programming background, you will be able to create AI driven chatbots as well as pick up practical Python skills to work with AI. The courses will also enable you to apply pre-built AI smarts to your products and solutions.
No prior experience required.
No prior experience required.
IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become "smarter" as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, just completing its 21st year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the refund policy?
If you subscribed, you get a 7-day free trial during which you can cancel at no penalty. After that, we don’t give refunds, but you can cancel your subscription at any time. See our full refund policy.
Can I just enroll in a single course?
Yes! To get started, click the course card that interests you and enroll. You can enroll and complete the course to earn a shareable certificate, or you can audit it to view the course materials for free. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Certificate, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Certificate. Visit your learner dashboard to track your progress.
Is this course really 100% online? Do I need to attend any classes in person?
This course is completely online, so there’s no need to show up to a classroom in person. You can access your lectures, readings and assignments anytime and anywhere via the web or your mobile device.
How long does it take to complete the Specialization?
The Professional Certificate consists of 6 self-paced courses. Effort required to complete each course is 4-5 weeks if spending 2-4 hours per week. At this rate the entire specialization can be completed in 3-6 months.
What background knowledge is necessary?
This Professional Certificate is suitable for learners with both tech and non-tech background alike. The first 3 courses in the specialization do not require any programming. The final two courses require some knowledge of Python to build and deploy AI applications. For learners without any programming background, and introductory Python course is included.
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
It is highly recommended to complete the courses in the suggested order.
Will I earn university credit for completing the Specialization?
At this time there is no university credit for completing courses in this Professional Certificate.
What will I be able to do upon completing the Specialization?
Upon completing this specialization you will be able to:
- Understand what is AI, its applications & use cases, and how its transforming our lives
- Explain terms like Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Identify various Watson AI services from IBM and what they can be used for
- Narrate several applications and real life case studies involving Watson
- Describe how AI-powered chatbot technology works and its applications
- Create a customer support chatbot and deploy it to a website
- Practice basics of Python programming language using Jupyter notebooks
- Apply Python programming concepts for data science and AI
- Utilize multiple Watson AI services and APIs together to build smart applications
- Deploy speech enabled virtual assistants with domain intelligence to Facebook, etc.
- Explain what computer vision is and its applications
- Build and train custom image classifiers using Watson, Python and OpenCV
- Create an interactive computer vision web application and deploy it to the cloud
More questions? Visit the Learner Help Center.