Back to Excel Basics for Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Basics for Data Analysis by IBM

This course is designed to provide you with basic working knowledge for using Excel spreadsheets for Data Analysis. It covers some of the first steps for working with spreadsheets and their usage in the process of analyzing data. It includes plenty of videos, demos, and examples for you to learn, followed by step-by-step instructions for you to apply and practice on a live spreadsheet. Excel is an essential tool for working with data - whether for business, marketing, data analytics, or research. This course is suitable for those aspiring to take up Data Analysis or Data Science as a profession, as well as those who just want to use Excel for data analysis in their own domains. You will gain valuable experience in cleansing and wrangling data using functions and then analyze your data using techniques like filtering, sorting and creating pivot tables. This course starts with an introduction to spreadsheets like Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets and loading data from multiple formats. With this introduction you will then learn to perform some basic level data wrangling and cleansing tasks and continue to expand your knowledge of analyzing data through the use of filtering, sorting, and using pivot tables within the spreadsheet. By performing these tasks throughout the course, it will give you an understanding of how spreadsheets can be used as a data analysis tool and understand its limitations. There is a strong focus on practice and applied learning in this course. With each lab, you will gain hands-on experience in manipulating data and begin to understand the important role of spreadsheets. Clean and analyze your data faster by understanding functions in the formatting of data. You will then convert your data to a pivot table and learn its features to make your data organized and readable. The final project enables you to show off your newly acquired data analysis skills. By the end of this course you will have worked with several data sets and spreadsheets and demonstrated the basics of cleaning and analyzing data all without having to learn any code. Getting started with Excel is made easy in this course. It does not require any prior experience with spreadsheets or coding. Nor does it require downloads or installation of any software. All you need is a device with a modern web browser, and ability to create a Microsoft account to access Excel online at no-cost. However if you already have a desktop version of Excel, you can follow along quite easily as well....

EN
Nov 3, 2020

Exceptional. Very good for a beginner and intermediate learner. I needed this course to refresh myself on some excel skills and I achieved my goal. Thank you IBM & Cousera!

OO
Oct 21, 2020

Great course. Really teaches you the basis. Only feedback is my name was spelled incorrectly on my certificate. But I'm sure that's an easy fix.

1 - 25 of 27 Reviews for Excel Basics for Data Analysis

By Steve C

Nov 10, 2020

There are problems with the peer-reviewed project grading rubrics. Other learners who, of course, are not subject experts do not always grade properly - sometimes completely wrong. Although you can send a message to your peer reviewer, I have never received a follow-up explanation or response. There is no practical recourse to appeal the unfairly peer graded assignment, other than to re-do and re-submit the assignment - which is time consuming and wasteful! I think there needs to be a robust process in place to have subject experts, such as the course instructors, to review disputed peer reviewed and graded assignments. Not once have I received a response from the Help Desk when I have reported a problem - this, too, is a big disappointment!

By Bongurala G

Nov 8, 2020

The design of the course is very interactive and a person without any knowledge can understand and execute the program effectively. One of the best course, it improved my understanding of data analytics to take further.

By Gustavo F G

Oct 2, 2020

In my humble opinion, this module should not be in this course. If one is pursuing a career in Data Analysis and do not know the most basics and simple excel concepts and functions that is the contents of this course of the program, I believe this person is in the wrong program and should first get more excel knowledge.

By Amit K

Oct 24, 2020

This course is really well designed, one should must try this for basic learning of excel.

It's a wonderful experience to learn this course, it will definitely embrace my skills and going to help me to move forward in future.

By Ezinne J N

Nov 4, 2020

By Omololu O

Oct 22, 2020

By Danielle O

Oct 14, 2020

Very detailed and easy to follow but could be improved by having a dummy excel sheets for the students to work and follow with the instructor.

By Hichem D

Nov 6, 2020

A very good course to be familiar with the most used spreadsheet software in the world

By Sarah D

Sep 29, 2020

great overview of excel for a beginner, and those are the skills needed on the job

By Iman N

Oct 26, 2020

Really taught me the basics which my friends in audit have identified as useful

By Siddhant M

Sep 26, 2020

best course for excel over internet time saving and very informative

By Prashun K

Oct 23, 2020

Good takeaway with handful practice in Basics excel.. .

By Vidanalage M D D M

Nov 15, 2020

Great course for learn excel for data analysis

By Bryan B

Oct 28, 2020

Very well presented and enlightening.

By Altan-Ulzii D

Nov 17, 2020

Very helpful and easy to understand!

By Marius S

Oct 2, 2020

Very good.

By Hans A E

Nov 8, 2020

Very good and well presented with assessments and assignments

By Marco A A V

Nov 11, 2020

Bastante completo pero seria genial tener más práctica

By John O

Oct 28, 2020

Just what I wanted!

By Louie D

Oct 5, 2020

A great course!

By maria

Oct 21, 2020

The course in general is very good and I recommend it. The only thing I think that could be better is a warning for students with Mac and those who don't have Excel's full version: some of the shortcuts and functions mencioned on the lessons needed for practical exercises will not work/be available. I had to work simultaneous with Web Excel and Googlesheets and constantly google other alternatives to accomplish the tasks.

By STAS P

Oct 19, 2020

lucks essential explanation for data cleaning , modification and agregation

excel may be great tool for data analysis with small datasets but this course does not teaches it at all

this course also lucks practice and final assignment is to easy

By evgeny t