Back to Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 3 (Projects)

Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 3 (Projects), University of Colorado Boulder

About this Course

In this course, learners will complete several VBA projects. It is highly recommended that learners first take "Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1" and "Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 2". This course builds off of skills learned in those two courses. This is a project-based course. Therefore, the projects are quite open-ended and there are multiple ways to solve the problems. Through the use of Peer Review, other learners will grade learners' projects based on a grading rubric....

By DC

Sep 28, 2018

Projects were enjoyable and challenging. Instructor is excellent -- does a great job of explaining the material and interacting with learners. Content very relevant to real-world projects.

By VV

Oct 15, 2018

The course was really good. It helped me gain knowledge about the various aspects of excel which had been untouched by me. It has helped me in my professional endeavours too.\n\nThank You

23 Reviews

By JONATHAN AYALA

Apr 09, 2019

Great course, great instructor!

By Lindsey Lee

Mar 31, 2019

Excellent course. Charlie is very good communicator. Encourage anyone learning Excel VBA to take it. The Week 5 problem was challenging but not difficult. There are some things I wished had been covered such as coding best practices, variable naming, in code documentation. Also, would appreciate suggestions as to other course to continue improving my programming skills.

By Константин Игоревич Плужников (Konstantin Pluzhnikov)

Mar 14, 2019

It was very interesting course. There are 6 open-ended projects. Students can choose ones that they like to complete and they can complete another projects in future. To complete some of projects students should surf the internet, discuss problems in forums.

Another good point is review of peers' works. There are many interesting approaches used for completion a task.

It was rather challenging and useful.

By Nedko Yuriev Stoyanov

Mar 14, 2019

Excellent course!

By Deleted Account

Mar 06, 2019

An excellent practical problem-based course. The best way to learn is by doing.

By Johannes Hintermaier

Mar 01, 2019

Great projects that test what you've learned in the first two courses. Thank you Charlie, for the classes!

By prem

Feb 17, 2019

one of the best courses i have done . It provides the right kind of exposure needed

By Douglas Giovanni Aguilar Flamenco

Feb 03, 2019

Awesome course for all of us that want develop advanced VBA apps for Excel data analysis and management.

By Luis Enrique Beltran

Feb 01, 2019

great course! chellenging and enriching!

By Diego Angulo Q

Jan 28, 2019

I did not know any VBA before this specialization, but now thanks to it, I do!

In this third part of the specialization, you have to develop some challenging projects where you will use all what you have learned on part I and II. You can even choose in the first three weeks which projects suits best to your learning goals.

Although I did not required extra help, I noticed that the Instructor Nuttelman responses via the forum, which is great. Also, even though there is no grader but peer reviews , I received nice and useful feedback from other students, who at this point are all capable of reviewing and commenting other's work.

In my opinion, this course is very well structured! and Nuttelman's english pronuntiation is very clear which is important for me as a non native English speaker.