Back to Finance for Startups

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Startups by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

Finance is one of the key ingredients for successful startups. Many entrepreneurs, however, lack knowledge of finance. This course teaches basic financial knowledge needed in starting and operating startups to entrepreneurs or would-be entrepreneurs who did not major in finance. Students of this course will learn to read and understand financial statements such as balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements. They will also practice simple financial planning of a startup. This course also covers the concept company valuation as well as how startups get funding. This is a practical course aimed at direct application of the knowledge gained into running real startups. It also aims to enable entrepreneurs and would-be-entrepreneurs to understand the "language of finance" so that they can talk to professionals with confidence....

SD

May 09, 2020

The course helped me to build finance basics from making a balance sheet to making a Cap table. I also learnt about how to valuate a company and alot more, A big thanks to Steve sir:)

UU

May 08, 2020

Good Course For those who has started their new company or planning to start it soon. The Financial fundamental may help you to make your financial planning much better.

1 - 25 of 31 Reviews for Finance for Startups

By SUNNY D D

May 09, 2020

By UR20

May 08, 2020

By Christoph M

Aug 12, 2020

This is a brilliant introductory course into finance and startup investment for non-finance folks. I am truly impressed how clearly and concisely Mr. Ahn introduces the various concepts. His simplified examples are easy to understand, yet drive the point home. This course will give you the basics and it does so very well. With this knowledge you can then go and dig deeper with more specialized resources.

By Marharyta V

Sep 09, 2020

Good course to understand all the basics. Especially I like that all question in Tests are practical. You need to sit down and calculate. It really helps to learn the material and not just repeat what has been said during the lectures.

By Daivik M

Sep 09, 2019

Its is a good course on the basics of finance for any startup entrepreneur. An easy going and conceptually sound course. I would definitely recommend this to any new startup founders without a MBA/Commerce background.

By Ahmet Z E

Sep 02, 2018

Execellent course, I found an oppurtunity meeting with Professor Steve Ahn. He is so friendly additionally in sociial life. I suggest eveyone this course for intrested. Thanks for everything...

By Phanish C

Oct 08, 2018

Great course for founders from tech background. Simple and easy introductions and practical examples. Highly recommended as a first course in finance for founders.

By Adrian K L

Aug 12, 2020

Thank you so much for perfectly explaining these difficult courses. This gave me a challenge, but it's truly worth it. Thank you professor!

By Raphael G B R

Dec 18, 2018

Very concise and complete course. The examples used clearly illustrate the principles taught . I recommend this course for my colleagues.

By Genaro R

Sep 18, 2020

Excellent course, I recommend it for everybody with a startup and in need of valuation. Thank you Steve for the content!

By Satyukov S R

Sep 11, 2019

I spend time only for real soft skills for my future.

Thank you! It was understandable.

By Awoma S O

May 31, 2019

This course was very insightful. I'll recommend it as a must for first-time founders.

By Carlo M R

Jan 18, 2020

it is a complete course that covers all the corporate finance fundamental pillars

By Jafar K

Jun 18, 2020

Thank you for the master's explanations, which were simple and understandable

By Lakshmi M B

Jul 06, 2020

A great course, very useful and very understandable.

By Perina A

Sep 20, 2020

Easy to understand course. Thank you very much.

By Edileta P

Nov 16, 2018

very helpful course and you will learn a lot!

By Srushti S B

it was very useful and intresting topic.

By Julia A P N

Dec 15, 2018

Very helpful

By Oke I A

Sep 22, 2020

Good

By Paula H

Nov 09, 2018

Really good overview with sufficient practical examples. According to a question in the forum (and I suspected the same from a couple of questions in the exam) there was a mistake in the slides. I am not sure whether this has been corrected, so unfortunately I can't be 100% sure I understood one subtopic correctly, which is a shame.

By NEERAJ K S

Jun 26, 2020

Nice and systematic arrangements of the course make anyone to understand and get benefits from it and learn the strategy to manage their funds and it's use.

But please elaborate the formula and questions in detail for clear and quick understanding of the practice questions.

By Prenish B

Aug 19, 2020

Learned Basics of Finance. I am happy now I can create Balance sheets on my own. Since this is my first course in finance, there were a little difficulty on some terms and formulas used. It would be great it Prof explained a bit about derivation and some terms.