Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

MD

Jul 17, 2022

I just want to say a big thank you to Google for this opportunity. It is really worth it and i recommend every single person out there to step on this evolution of change created by Google. Thank you.

GP

Mar 27, 2022

First i have to tell the amount of effect and information than put in this course is great hell lot of information about UX Design. Now iam thinking that i have selected a best course offered about UX

6401 - 6425 of 7,222 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Mahendra S

Jul 13, 2021

I think putting making portfolios in this part is strange because we still don't have anything to put in it. But I haven't taken the next courses so do take my review with a grain of salt. I love it so far!

By Navneet P

Apr 19, 2022

A detailed journey throught the world of UX fundamentals. Can't suggest better than this to anyone. Top-class teachers and mentors with top-notch information. What else a beginner would need in this field.

By Jeremy D

Mar 31, 2021

It was really informative, even for people experienced in UX design. It felt a little awkward and self promoting at times when they had sections completely dedicated to using Google specific tools however.

By Paulina Z

Nov 2, 2021

The "build your portfolio" part should be at the end since I have no content to put in it yet and it got me distracted from the actual learning part that I need to do first. Other than that, I'm lovin it!

By Htoo M

May 14, 2021

A lot of the course was very eye-opening. But I thought the chapter on setting up your portfolio was very premature. That should have come later in the course when you actually have the work to put on it.

By Jeremy L S

Feb 23, 2022

I​t's a good course to take if you're not sure if you want to follow this as a career path. It outlines the basics of what you need to know, what you'll be expected to do, and the places you might work.

By M K

Apr 25, 2021

It's been a great start, however creating a portfolio doesn't seem quite feasible within this time frame. I will now enroll in webflow university to better understand and get started on the portfolio.

By Tag F

Jul 18, 2022

Broad introduction to UX, for those who have spent time working on software a large set of the modules will not be new material. Though there is useful information touched on through out the course.

By Ariana M A

May 20, 2021

Excelente curso introductorio! Me hubiera gustado hacer algunas practicas más propias del tema. Pero en general, muy bueno y amigable. El instructor habla con mucha claridad y no es aburrido de leer.

By Leandro G

Jul 13, 2022

El curso esta muy bien hecho y es muy interesante, sin embargo antes de comenzar el certificado de Google explica que este está disponible en distintos idiomas, lo cual no es verdad, solo en ingles.

By Vamsi K

May 29, 2021

Very detailed and I was able to go at my own pace. I enjoy the switch between reading and videos with the pop quizzes in the videos too. It kept me engaged the whole time! Can't wait to learn more!

By Camille C

May 22, 2021

This course was very informational. However if there's certain things you've done in the past such as built a website, use social media, or networked, then the end of the course may feel redundant.

By Alyssa L

Dec 7, 2021

S​ome of the instructors don't have the personal cadence to make the material interesting. I found myself wanting to read rather than listen to them talk about UX in an impersonal, scripted way.

By Kash

Jun 26, 2022

Before taking this course I did not know what UX Design is. I learned that there are some effective way to complete project (saving time, saving money, saving effort without endless meeting).

By Amy B

Aug 4, 2021

​Really great course, but oddly could have used better UX design itself. That said, I'm extraordinarily grateful to Google for this offering and look forward to the next chapter of the course.

By Fabiola M

Apr 25, 2021

En general el curso me ha gustado mucho para introducirme en el diseño UX pero me gustaría que el curso estuviera en más idiomas, ya que es una dificultad añadida para mi hacerlo en inglés.

By porsche s

Apr 25, 2021

This was a very interesting and fun course and I am excited to see what part 2 will be like. Knowing what actually goes into a successful UX design makes me look at things very differently.

By María V C B

Jul 3, 2022

we talk about UX and how we need to be inclusives in our products, so i think it is important to have the option to activate closed caption in other lenguages, not only english in videos.

By Vaibhav A

Aug 27, 2021

Content is excellent but instructor can be more energetic. He doesn't make any interest while learning because of his body posture and He is speaking only sitting and in a steady posture.

By Rhoda M

Apr 7, 2021

The course is well structured and organized with the right amount of videos and readings. I love the testimonial videos included in the course to inspire entry level UX designers like me.

By srinivas b

Mar 21, 2022

Thanks for the oppurtunity to have a look on the content. The content is clear and crisp, easily understandable. Hope further courses looks the same and I have confidence on this course.

By Headley U

Oct 10, 2021

Overall a great course, but i think the networking and creating a website protion should have been left for the end of the corse after having a few ux designs to put up on the portfolio.

By Huck S

Oct 14, 2021

Great if you are hoping to jump into a full career of UX. Okay if you are hoping to just hone your UX skills and get a certificate for a career path related to design you already have.

By Jackie D

Jul 18, 2022

Great review for those familiar with the design process. It also offers more information, like research methods, biases to be aware of, as well as learning about different UX careers.

By Raghuram N

Jun 7, 2022

Good course for beginners who are new to this field of UX design. Any one from any background can enroll in this easy to learn course. Good job to the Google team behind this course !