Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

MD

Jul 17, 2022

I just want to say a big thank you to Google for this opportunity. It is really worth it and i recommend every single person out there to step on this evolution of change created by Google. Thank you.

GP

Mar 27, 2022

First i have to tell the amount of effect and information than put in this course is great hell lot of information about UX Design. Now iam thinking that i have selected a best course offered about UX

6476 - 6500 of 7,211 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Syed J A

Jun 5, 2022

It was amazing , I learned so much from the introduction to this amazing world of UX , looking forward to work for google some day. Insha Allah

By Hiu C C

May 19, 2022

When will Google allows user to rate zero star? I mean I do not want to rate this course zero star but some bad services I experienced in life.

By Mayank K

Jul 26, 2022

Its really amazing there is lot's of information about UX, this course is very helpfull for me and who they want to know and learn about UX.

By Hernán D E

Nov 5, 2021

I really enjoyed the content as an introduction. However, I did feel that some of Week 4's content may work better at the end of the program.

By Sawan M

Aug 10, 2021

Course was good.

I would like o only one suggestion is that please add more realistic examples in course so that it is more easy to understand

By Jimmy M

May 24, 2021

I liked a lot of the material in the course. It would be a great thing to offer for free to would-be UX Designers contemplating their career.

By Sara C

Feb 11, 2022

I would rather have reviewed and graded assignments than self reflection assignments. This way we can get input and maybe additional ideas.

Apr 9, 2021

The expectation should be - that it teaches about the field, how to excel and start with the UX design field. The concepts are touched upon

By Abdullah k

Aug 6, 2021

It was a great experience diving into the foundations of Ux design. However, It should have been more about the Principles of Ux design.

By Sophie B

Jun 8, 2021

Really good intro. I found the last week a bit pointless, but maybe that's because I'm not new to the workforce or portfolio-based work.

By Aishat B

Oct 8, 2021

It was detailed and applicable at work. I can easily adapt it to what I currently do as a marketing communication expert outside UI/UX.

By yash s

Oct 19, 2021

By Experiencing this course I learn what is a good start for something to Learn and How form a robust foundation for my future skyline

By Akash P

Apr 12, 2021

I learnt most about UX designing process. I like mentors in the course.. they explained the process of UX & about the sprint clearly..

By Meet C

Jun 30, 2022

T​his course is awesome, everyone must watch it. However, I believe google might add some more practical videos in the first course.

By Alvin G

Jun 8, 2022

A good course overall, I did notice that there is a bit of information that I thought was quite obvious to be in a course like this.

By Anil C

Jun 11, 2021

An excellent course that holds the hand of a novice and a veteran with empathy. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking at UX.

By ngân p

Jul 5, 2022

it contains many interesting concepts but they are theories so far. Adding practical activities can make the course a little better

By Andrea Z A

Dec 16, 2021

Some of thecontentis repeated too much, and it'snot necessarytounderstandtheconcept.But therestisreallygoodtogetthebasesofuxdesign.

By Francis R

Apr 8, 2022

I feel like covering the basics of UX design should take less time. I didn't get a chance to practice much of what I have learned.

By Evelyn O

Jan 17, 2022

Got to start my personal portfolio which i wasn't expecting but I am super excited about the next stage in becoming a UX designer!

By Keshav R

Jun 12, 2022

Its too intresting to mee and my exicitement level is also high that im achieving my goals slowly slowly big thanks to coursera!

By Kyle K

Mar 10, 2022

Having more knowledge on when the learning will progress in to the actual UI design like in Figma, Adobe XD, etc would be lovely.

By carolyn r

Dec 7, 2021

I feel like the in depth information about networking/building an online presence should be placed towards the end of the course.

By Ashley Z

Oct 26, 2021

Course was very informative and enjoyed the personal experiences shared by actual employees from Google, made it more personable.

By Lucia B

Jul 13, 2022

A good basic introduction to UX design that is easy to follow along and the pace can be adgusted according to everyone's needs.