Back to Fundamentals of Management

Fundamentals of Management, University of California, Irvine

About this Course

Are you about to enter the workforce? Are you an emerging professional? Are you new to your role in the organization? All prospective new employees benefit from understanding management principles, roles and responsibilities, regardless of position. Now you can acquire an in-depth understanding of the basic concepts and theories of management while exploring the manager's operational role in all types of organizations. Gain insight into the manager's responsibility in planning, organizing, leading, staffing and controlling within the workplace. It’s never too soon to plan your professional path by learning how the best managers manage for success! Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Describe the difference between managers and leaders 2. Explore the focus of a manager’s job 3. Cite the required skills for a new manager’s success 4. Describe the five functions of management 5. Explain the new model management operating philosophy 6. Describe the hierarchy of planning 7. Use the SMART goal setting technique 8. Discuss the concept of evolution of leadership 9. Explain how customer satisfaction is linked to controlling 10. Discuss the power of building a network...

By MJ

Nov 09, 2015

Great for people that, like me, does not have a management background but maybe end up dealing with this type of position. Good guidelines, simple but complete and using understandable examples.

By AA

Nov 11, 2017

This course help me to know about how to planning and organizing and how leading people in organization ,I recommend it for anyone who wants to know more about fundamentals of management

246 Reviews

By Andre Vasconcelos

Mar 15, 2019

Very good and straight to the point.

Dave Nagy is a great speaker and provided very relatable content

By Rashik Kenn

Mar 05, 2019

With Business Administration experience I was able to relate what I learnt from this course. Also this is a great course to start with. Recommended for leadership roles. Thank you

By Hasan Kemal Uysal

Mar 01, 2019

Very informative and enjoyable class. I thought it would be boring but actually Mr. Naggy makes the course pretty nice. I like the lectures and I like the quiz style of "True & False". Only very few times I wanted to go back at my notes to remember things. I recommend this course!

By Fahim Arif Khan

Jan 26, 2019

Good course forever

By Ana R. Pelayo.

Jan 16, 2019

The course is very informative, a lot to learn.

Ana Pelayo.

By Sagi Ben-Aharon

Jan 06, 2019

Very basic, not practical. didn't like it.

By Danny Ward

Jan 03, 2019

A very good course, I highly recommend if you have an interest in how the world of management works or if you are looking to pursue management as a career. Many useful and engaging topics covered, I really enjoyed this course and gained a lot from it.

By shuai wang

Jan 03, 2019

very good course, explain and answer many of my questions in mind

By Alejandra

Dec 12, 2018

Very good for being the fundamentals of management. Super recommend if you're approaching or want to get a first managing position.

By Gavin D. M. Ooft

Dec 12, 2018

Great course. Indeed teaching some good Fundamentals of Management.