Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

FL
May 22, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

BM
Jun 16, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

551 - 575 of 687 Reviews for Gamification

Nov 9, 2015

good!

By 侯顶杰

Nov 16, 2016

good

By Bui T L

Dec 16, 2015

good

By wilson j

Aug 19, 2019

Dec 17, 2015

w

By Christina T

Apr 26, 2020

Course itself was great. All the way through, I could see applications for the training I'm responsible to develop for my organization. My biggest problem was with the final test. I had to do it three times, so yeah, I'm stupid. There's a 40-minute time limit but no clock, so monitor your own time, for 20 questions, so 2 minutes each, right? No, a number of the questions ask you to watch youtube videos which averaged 3 minutes each; sometimes you have to search for the video or other content on a website, while the clock ticks, If you've found the right page then you can analyze it in relation to the specific question. But, did you find the right page? When I'm analyzing the Best Buy offering, what if I look at the Canadian page? Have these links been updated ever year? How do I know I'm on the right page/link? After all , the course is about 10 years old and the content doesn't have any case studies less than that. Also, memorize the contetn in the Sight video, and on every video you watch for the exam. Overall, yes, the exam questions do distinguish those who really understand the course material, which made me feel really stupid when I failed the test for not choosing all the "best" answers (adjectives are important! is it "ethical" not just a concern?) I'm still not clear on the value of being able to label the Peace Game. Anyway, I will take the elements and incentivized choices and apply them to gamifying the courses that I have to create for employees who have to demonstrate that they've "acquired" the core knowledge for good citizenship in my organization.

TL;DR, I loved everything until the final exam which is (1) hard and (2) has issues

By Machiel v W

Jan 19, 2020

It was a course in which you learn a lot, especially as background knowledge to make decisions for new projects. I can now go and implement it in my work as a designer. And it leaves me wanting to know more. But it is greatly paced, and in this particular course I would not add more info.

My two major issues are the absence of a quick summary in the end of every week, especially the models that are mentioned. Also a great overview in the end. What models are used in what You can make it yourself, but would be a great learning tool and giving more insight when to use them in the process of gamification.

And the course (especially the examples) are getting outdated, it seems. Make some reading available with updated examples?

Make sure you make notes! That helps a lot with learning!

By Mary B

Nov 5, 2020

Overall, I felt the course was really interesting. There were two things that bothered me though....

I felt that the course could be updated, a large number of the examples and resources mentioned were almost 10 years old. This course would be a lot more relevant if the info was updated.

2nd - I almost didn't finish the course, I took a long break to avoid one of the peer assessors. Even though I saved my writings as a PDF in case someone didn't have word - the same person gave me a zero for the first assignments because they couldn't open the file. No one else had a problem, but both times this one person did that. I felt penalized because they were incompetent.