Back to Get Interactive: Practical Teaching with Technology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Get Interactive: Practical Teaching with Technology by University of London

This course is designed to help you create dynamic, interactive online courses through the use of multimedia tools, student collaboration opportunities, and formative assessment and feedback. Each week we will focus on a particular topic: 1. Using multimedia for teaching and learning 2. Encouraging student collaboration 3. Formative assessment and feedback You will have a range of materials to read, videos to watch, topics to research, activities to perform, discussions to participate in, and an assessment to complete. In addition, you will have a random assignment of fellow participants' assessments to mark in order to receive your own mark. While most of the videos and activities are mandatory, we have included a number of "Take it Further" activities and longer versions of videos that are voluntary. At first glance, It may seem like a lot, but you will quickly find that many activities will take just minutes to perform. The emphasis in this MOOC is on gaining a wide range of experience in order to decide for yourself which tools and techniques to explore in more depth. Although we introduce a few concepts along the way, this is a very practical course. You will be assessed according to what you create and share. We hope you will enjoy the active, hands-on nature of this course and find many ideas to incorporate in your teaching....

JR

The educational activities are designed to ensure that there must be a successful take away for participants. I have greater confidence with incorporating educational technologies in my teaching.

AK

Apr 04, 2020

A brilliant course, which helps understand basic VLE. I get qiute fascinated by all the tasks and methods! This course asissted me a lot in my occupation, that is connected with teaching!

1 - 25 of 83 Reviews for Get Interactive: Practical Teaching with Technology

By Edison A G

Jul 16, 2018

First of all, it's a great honor to be part of this special course. I learned a lot, really. I'm an ICT teacher for technology although we don't have the best technology in the Philippines but we can absolutely use the tools you've provided and taught us. I enjoyed this course sooooooooo much. Maybe I took the assignment too seriously and put a lot of effort on them but that only shows how engaging this course is. It's a little sad =). I'd like to thank my peers, and MOST ESPECIALLY OUR INSTRUCTORS AND TRAINERS. Ms Sherman, Dr. Weiz and Dr Kennedy, I thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

By Nattida S

May 13, 2018

It's useful course for learning how to blend and develop learning and teaching experience to be more interactive with the help of multi-technology

By Joann C

Nov 18, 2019

The course has introduced me to various tools that are very useful to my training. I could explore using them to make my lesson more interactive.

By Jane I A

Mar 21, 2019

This is a very well organized online teaching technology skill - building course.

By Lori H

Jul 16, 2017

This class had some great ideas. I did feel like it was more work than 4 hours a week to do a good job on the work.

By RAJESH I

Aug 26, 2019

Really loved the fact that this course offered me an opportunity to realise, explore and apply a range of technology based software, platforms and tools that can aid in making my students' learning experience more engaging in the future.

By Arshad H

May 15, 2020

This has been an exceptional course and I have put my heart and soul in to it. Primarily because I want to help my students. The course gave great ideas to do just that. Now I look ahead to an engaging online experience with students.

By sarah c

Jul 28, 2017

Fun course with enthusiastic tutors. The interactivity is great and a sense of community among the participants grew over the 3 weeks.

I learnt a lot and saw some really practical but interesting ideas for using the apps that we met.

By Yolanda S

Apr 28, 2020

I really enjoyed the course with practical tools that you can implemented and enhance your teaching and student learning experience. Recommend this course to anyone that needs to engage in online learning

By Roberto J V P

Mar 21, 2020

I like the way we got involved into practice by setting goals which are a bit challenging yet we want to achieve successfully.

I am grateful to have the chance to participate in an online course like this!

By Nordeen b O

Aug 27, 2019

I have learnt to get interactive through practical teaching with technology. The new ways of teaching using different platforms allow learners to discover the answer themselves by a forum discussion and explore how to use tools such as videos to become more independent learners.

By Maria B

Aug 27, 2019

This course gives a comprehensive view of the main resources that you can use to design virtual courses. I loved the discussion forums, and all professors showed a high level of expertise and professionalism. Highly recommended!

By Kailas K M

Apr 07, 2020

Its one of the best course to use digital multimedia in modern teaching practices. Every science teacher should do this course and apply concept of collaborative learning in teaching. Thanks, team of course and Coursera.

By Judy R

By Alexandra K

Apr 04, 2020

By Richard P

May 19, 2017

I learned a lot! A good pace and some fun activities. I am already implementing some of this stuff in my teaching.

By Mtar F

Tank you so much. Despite my twenty years of experience, I learned a lot from this course.

I highly recommend.

By Aashish G

May 05, 2020

This course helped me to generate interactive classroom through the use of multimedia tools, student collaboration activities, and formative assessment and feedback.

By Judi R

Mar 27, 2020

This course is extremely practical. Highly recommend - the course provides a diverse range of topics, all of which equip the learner with a great toolkit.

By Alba R S

Mar 11, 2020

This course was what I needed to push my teaching into the next level. Everything was really clear and useful, and full of interesting contents.

By BINISH A

Thank you coursera . I have learnt a lot of skills and knowledge related to teaching and will integrate this learning in my teaching

By Sarika D

Coursera provides very good platform for us. It encourages us to teach different technology. Coursera improved my Online Teaching Skills.

By Lakshmi A K

Jan 09, 2020

I thank coursera for providing the opportunity to learn about practical teaching with Technology. I have learnt new techniques to teach.

By Cristina C G

Apr 20, 2020

USEFUL COURSE WITH A VERY PRACTICAL AND WELL-STRUCTURED LAYOUT. CLEAR VIDEOS AND MANY USEFUL RECOMMENDATIONS, LINKS AND TOOLS.

By Kerstin K

May 24, 2018

Excellent array of interactive and learning design tools. Three assignments with peer review that ensure deep learning.