Back to Get Interactive: Practical Teaching with Technology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Get Interactive: Practical Teaching with Technology by University of London

This course is designed to help you create dynamic, interactive online courses through the use of multimedia tools, student collaboration opportunities, and formative assessment and feedback. Each week we will focus on a particular topic: 1. Using multimedia for teaching and learning 2. Encouraging student collaboration 3. Formative assessment and feedback You will have a range of materials to read, videos to watch, topics to research, activities to perform, discussions to participate in, and an assessment to complete. In addition, you will have a random assignment of fellow participants' assessments to mark in order to receive your own mark. While most of the videos and activities are mandatory, we have included a number of "Take it Further" activities and longer versions of videos that are voluntary. At first glance, It may seem like a lot, but you will quickly find that many activities will take just minutes to perform. The emphasis in this MOOC is on gaining a wide range of experience in order to decide for yourself which tools and techniques to explore in more depth. Although we introduce a few concepts along the way, this is a very practical course. You will be assessed according to what you create and share. We hope you will enjoy the active, hands-on nature of this course and find many ideas to incorporate in your teaching....

SP

Aug 13, 2020

This was a very immersive and interesting course -- a lot of self-learning to be done on your own to really understand and put together into practice the technology into your own course and workflow.

AA

Thank you for this course. I get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks.

26 - 50 of 244 Reviews for Get Interactive: Practical Teaching with Technology

By Richard P

May 19, 2017

I learned a lot! A good pace and some fun activities. I am already implementing some of this stuff in my teaching.

By Shagufta I

Highly interactive course. I learned how to engage the students

By Dr. H S

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent lectures that explored my mind. Thank you coursera

By Aziz B I

Sep 18, 2019

Very fruitful.... Learning

By toor b

it is an excellent course

By Rodrigo S C

Jul 11, 2020

Me gustó el curso porque pude acceder a herramientas que sabía que existían pero que nunca había usado. Considero que ahora mis clases serán más dinámicas e interesantes para mis alumnos (12-15 años). GRACIAS por darme la oportunidad de estudiar en Coursera.

By Mjesus S

Nov 10, 2019

Interesting course, but I was very busy at the time of passing it and could not enjoyed it as I would like, only could pass running the assignments. When I find myself with plenty free time next sommer in holidays ,I will study it again more deeply

By Laurie C

Sep 16, 2019

Overall, I enjoyed the course and thought it introduced quit a bit of new technologies to me. I would have loved to have spent more time on a few types of technologies and less on others, but I understand the time constraints of this type of course.

By John M S C

Muy bien, aprendí cosas muy interesantes que pondré en practica, me parece que debería existir la opción de tener un certificado de participación, lamentablemente en estos momentos no poseo dinero para comprar un certificado.

By Filippo A

May 16, 2019

Fantastic introductory course to help you effectively introduce digital technology in your teaching. There wasn't much interaction with peers as claimed, but still great value.

By Dr. S H A

Its a good course. Two suggestions which I have are:

To go through LMS in a bit more detail

To have an advanced version of this course as well

By Saravanan M

Mar 20, 2021

The course is engaging and immersive at every stage. It requires us to apply the tools introduced in a mock virtual classroom. Initially, I was overwhelmed by the number of tools introduced and I had to apply in the mock setting. But then I realised it is the practical approach that I will remember forever. The best part of the course is the Panel Discussion in the course. We have some authority in the education who shares their views on the use of particular digital tools. Overall, I will say this is a course every educator should attend.

By jose b

Feb 12, 2021

Me gusto mucho este curso he aprendido mucho de mis maestras y de mis compañeros, esto me motiva , inspira, e impulsa para mejorar mis cursos en linea, me quedo muy satisfecho con esta enseñanza, tres semanas muy intensas pero muy productivas, desvelos, prácticas, investigaciones, interaccion con alumnos, son la institucion de Londres, en fin fue muy productivo y satisfactorio estar con ustedes.

By Jaya V

Jun 21, 2020

It is really a good course especially for the teachers who do not know much about educational technology. The best part of the course is that each and every tool has been demonstrated through walk through video as well as with written instruction. i liked discussion with instructors too. I thank to all the instructors and my peers for this this wonderful learning experience.

By Naresh K

This course is very useful for the academicians. It covers various multimedia tools for the creation of course content, collaborative activities of students, assessment, and feedback, which will definitely enhance the quality of teaching as well as students' learning . I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is involved in the online teaching.

By YOGESH I

Jun 1, 2020

Really, excellent course, designed properly. I learnt various online tools like learning design, canvas,opened my twitter account,Written blogs, Used plagiarism tools, padlet wall, podcast , screenshot screencast and many more......Thanks to the instructor and the whole team. Thanks to University of London, Bloomsbury learning exchange.

By Nasreen N

Jun 24, 2020

This is very nice course I would recommend every faculty member or those who are involved in teaching must enrolled themselves for this course.I Really learned many online activities and enjoyed this well designed technology rich informative course.

Thank you to all members / instructors for designing this course.

By Md. T K

Jul 25, 2020

I had a great experience and chance carrying this course more effectively. I got so many activities learned from this course which i didn't get in touch before.I am very much grateful and thankful to University of London as well as Bloomsbury Learning Exchange carrying this course offer to me freely. Thanks.

By Francisco P

Jul 30, 2020

Great Course! Got to confess I started out with few expectations, but as I got more involved I started to realize how much I didn't know and how much I was learning. In the end I am glad I took the course and I will be using many of the tools I learned to enhance my teaching practice. Highly recommended!

By Tricia C A

Jul 21, 2020

The course really teaches practical tools that can be implemented even while you are attending this course. I have learned new ways to make my class more alive and interactive. Thank you to the providers of this MOOC.

By Dr. S S

Jun 18, 2020

Thank you to offered such an informative course and make it accessible for us.i found it very helpfull in teaching and definitely enhanced my knowledge and skills related to online education

By Dr.Amir A A

Jun 5, 2020

Hi

this was a very informative and interesting course. A lot of technologies which I don’t know, learn by this course. Thank you Coursera you and you all teachers are awesome.

By Aashish G

May 4, 2020

This course helped me to generate interactive classroom through the use of multimedia tools, student collaboration activities, and formative assessment and feedback.

By Memoona B

The course contents were useful for me as i have come to know many things which were already there but i was not using them. definitely my knowledge has improved.

By Steven T C Y

Jun 25, 2020

This was an excellent course that taught many practical skills for online teaching! I have learned so much in this course. Kudos to all the course instructors!