Back to Concurrency in Go

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Concurrency in Go by University of California, Irvine

Learn how to implement concurrent programming in Go. Explore the roles of channels and goroutines in implementing concurrency. Topics include writing goroutines and implementing channels for communications between goroutines. Course activities will allow you to exercise Go’s capabilities for concurrent programming by developing several example programs....

VV

Oct 13, 2018

The course did what was intended: Teaching the things that makes Go programming special.\n\nI mean, simple but powerful language constructs and Concurrency

YT

Nov 20, 2018

Well-organized course and good homeworks. The course is very useful for programmers who wanna learn go and refresh memories about concurrency.

1 - 25 of 71 Reviews for Concurrency in Go

By Gitesh C

May 28, 2019

Course content is high quality. The professor has explained the concepts very well. I thoroughly enjoyed doing the assignments (the last one is sufficiently challenging). I wish this professor puts up more courses related to GoLang in the future. I want to give 5/5 stars but I must deduct review stars. You can say I'm being lenient with the review otherwise with the poor quality of forums I would give 2. 4 just for the professor's explanations. There are heavy mistakes in slides/ videos. Worst part is that the discussion forum is only filled with "Please review my assignment" instead of meaningful discussions. Peer review system has defeated the very purpose of discussion forums. I don't see any debates or topics that enhance my knowledge there. Disappointed with the forums. There are no TA's to solve my doubts either. It's not worth paying money if its supposed to be like that.

By Aleksandar N

Dec 22, 2019

Great material, with awesome examples.

The review process is terrible. If you don't beg for review, the waiting time is up to two weeks.

There are few mistakes within the course, but nothing major.

The complete specialization is 3.5 (out of 5). Biggest issues with it are:

* Easy assignments

* Mistakes in the quizzes

* Poor review process of the assignments

* Missing 4th course (which was intended to be TDD with go)

* Author isn't active, so the forums look like a marketplace

* I didn't see a single discussion that would provide me with more knowledge or understanding

By Ying T

By Aryan M

Jul 14, 2019

Best course to learn about concurrent programming in Golang. All topics are well explained and instructor's teaching style is awesom,

By Rulyna

Nov 20, 2018

Thank you Prof. Harris for making difficult topic easy to understand. This course is superb.

By Rashad K

Sep 16, 2019

Excellent course, it has some syntax mistakes, but still awesome.

The instructor is great.

By Werner B

Feb 01, 2020

Outstanding course, really enjoyed it! Ian Harris is simply a great lecturer!

By Adel F

Jul 04, 2019

Excellent final assignment that is thought provoking to the max!

By james

Sep 08, 2019

Very interesting I hope you do more

By Enrico D

Jan 19, 2020

Fantastic professor and content

By Murthy V T

Jun 23, 2020

Prof. Harris was lucid and insightful. I am glad I took this Golang course. I had been trying to learn Go on my own as I wanted to understand concurrency and parallelism. Prof. Harris was brilliant in explaining concurrency and various aspects of it in great detail and the follow-up quizzes/exercises further helped me understand Go and allowed me to gain experience programming in Go.

Sometimes, you need a good teacher and a guide to direct you in the right direction. Prof.Harris did that for me. Thank you.

By Arif U R K

Sep 06, 2019

Overall the course was very good and brief the teacher has a good grip on the the stuff he is talking about and he explains it in a very good manner. The only thing for improvement in this course is the description of the assignments, some of the assignments does not clearly specify what should be the possible output of the program

By zillani s

Sep 25, 2019

I will give all the three specialization a 5 star rating. The explanation is precise & clear. I have completed two courses already, I am two weeks away to finish this course too. Thank you coursera & UC for creating & supporting this course. This has helped me to get better career opportunities already.

By Fedir R

Nov 23, 2018

Very nice course. Gives good understanding of the concurrency globally, and about methods of handling it with Go. Last assignment was quite hard, and I recommend You to try to do it ASAP, as it could be complicated to find reviewers to validate it.

By Jon R F

Jan 01, 2019

I think this course and this entire series have been great ways to jump into Go programming. I'm going to use what I've learned here to get started writing concurrent algorithms for optimization problems!

By Sri K

Feb 05, 2020

AWESOME experience! Loved the lectures and projects, The peer review system is so much better than an auto-grader. I really feel like I learned so much and set up a great foundation for Go in the future.

By Miguel P N

Jun 04, 2020

Great specialization! Professor Harris not only explain the constructs of Go extremely well but also provides some foundations on software development that every developer should have.

By Vladimir V

Oct 13, 2018

I mean, simple but powerful language constructs and Concurrency

By Phillip O

May 04, 2020

Very knowledgeable professor. Explained useful operating system concepts very well, which makes understanding the code on concurrency easy.

By Shariful I

Jan 30, 2020

Really helpful to understand and implement concurrent process in golang. Its clear my concept and idea about concurrency. Thanks again

By Carlos A

Oct 12, 2018

This professor is incredible. Always bringing up some examples that might make us scratch our heads and making everything much clear.

By Ramy M

Mar 31, 2020

A very good detailed explanation about concurrency in general and how Go handles it and how to build concurrent applications.

By Shang W

Jul 07, 2020

The last programming assignment is way harder than all others. Materials are explained well enough, at least for me.

By Light0617

Oct 24, 2018

good course! but if we can have a big project, it will be better!

the homework seem just small assignment.

By Santiago N

Mar 03, 2020

Good course content and very good practical exercises that serve to consolidate the knowledge acquired.