Back to Google Data Analytics Capstone: Complete a Case Study

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Google Data Analytics Capstone: Complete a Case Study by Google

This course is the eighth course in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. You’ll have the opportunity to complete an optional case study, which will help prepare you for the data analytics job hunt. Case studies are commonly used by employers to assess analytical skills. For your case study, you’ll choose an analytics-based scenario. You’ll then ask questions, prepare, process, analyze, visualize and act on the data from the scenario. You’ll also learn other useful job hunt skills through videos with common interview questions and responses, helpful materials to build a portfolio online, and more. Current Google data analysts will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources. Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will: - Learn the benefits and uses of case studies and portfolios in the job search. - Explore real world job interview scenarios and common interview questions. - Discover how case studies can be a part of the job interview process. - Examine and consider different case study scenarios. - Have the chance to complete your own case study for your portfolio....

MS
May 7, 2021

Creating Portfolio is something I was missing even though I have 8 years of work experience as Data Analytics & Visualization Specialist, this remains a big take away for me.

MR
May 31, 2021

Really enjoyed the capstone project! This project allows learners to hone their hands-on skills which are taught throughout the course. Thank you Google for this opportunity

1 - 25 of 104 Reviews for Google Data Analytics Capstone: Complete a Case Study

By Andrew T

May 3, 2021

wish they could make a video of full tutorial on the two given case studies and guide us step by step. they should make it compulsory to submit the project and let other students grade it and give feedback

By mark m

May 27, 2021

No jobs. In Week 4 of Course 8, there is the Googlecerts Coursera Job Platform. Some may call it Consortium. It's linked under "Practice Quiz: End of Cert. Checklist." I did a search for "data analyst." All the jobs seemed to require previous relevant exp. or education. Most req. bachelor's or higher. All the Google postings I checked required a degree. Mods are now censoring comments from people who've said this. I therefore do not recommend Google or Coursera until such time as they're willing to address concerns about online ads for this specialization and the alleged lack of entry-level jobs.

By ramprakash y

Apr 16, 2021

it is really great course for Data Analyst

By Lam C V D

Apr 15, 2021

Love the data analytics portfolio project, first time introduced by Google for showcasing case studies and interview preparation.

By Stephanie

May 15, 2021

Informative course; excellent case studies and some real world applications, however, would be great if there was a downloadable template so students can take notes while reading/watching(not just transcripts but the slides & screenshots on instructor's screen with space to write notes/highlight ideas) This would help with traditional hardcopy people, kinesthetic learners, or those with neurodevelopmental disorders.

By Karan N

Apr 21, 2021

Great course overall. Just wish the capstone part was a little more hands-on, and less optional. Helps with accountability.

By Apurv G

Apr 24, 2021

This Capstone could be better and more guided. Case studies given are either too complicated or have very less data.

By Mei C

Apr 23, 2021

So helpful for Junior Data Analyst job search preparation!

By Mohamad F B R

By Mohd. W S

May 8, 2021

By Katelin K

Jul 16, 2021

I decided not to do the project as it was too unclear, and the datasets were too large. Furthermore, if you chose the R route, you were given the script to use, which seemed too advanced for the amount of R we were taught in the certificate.

I did find the interview videos helpful.

By Mariya A

May 13, 2021

It was really really fun to do this! I hope everyone else had a great time. I highly recommend doing 'your own' case study!

By Oluwadamilare O

May 16, 2021

Very proud to have joined the program really helpful

By SANJAY S

Jul 17, 2021

Great first step to jump in your career.

By Pittawat S

Jun 16, 2021

not clear about what i suppose to do . i just really asking and write in that form ?

By Drashya P

Jun 3, 2021

fake interview video and useless tips very very disappointed with last course

By MOHANADASSAN S

Jun 8, 2021

Great course, hang in there. At times you may feel frustrated but upon completion you would feel satisfied. All great things in life will challenge you first, you need to be patient before you can reap the benefits. Good luck and enjoy the course.

By Ashraful I S

Jul 24, 2021

This has been an awesome journey. I completed all the courses and the capstone project. I am not an expert but now I know what to learn, how to learn and how to reach out to the potential employers. I am glad that I took this professional course.

By Aaron V

Jul 30, 2021

This certificate has been excellent. I currently work as a Data Analyst and have for a couple years now. However, I wanted to increase my skills and really strengthen my fundamentals. This program has been exactly what I was looking for.

By Joe S

Jun 3, 2021

There are gonna be some parts that really frustrate you especially if you are like me and just have a "basic" knowledge of computers but after this course. I feel confidant in my job hunt and these instructors are frickin AWESOME

By Elkin E G A

May 23, 2021

I didnt when too deep in theese one. I really want to build my portfolio in kaggle but need to practice more. Just wow for the complete certification. Thank you google.

By Danielle

Jun 24, 2021

This was well worth the time. I learned a lot during this course. I'd suggest investing in this course if you seriously are considering a career in data analytics.

By Antony J

Jun 24, 2021

I enjoyed this final step, choosing my own case study. Thanks Google for a very enjoyable program. Just the push I needed to get into R programming!

By Emeline U

Jun 21, 2021

AM VERY GRATEFUL TO COURSERA COMMUNITY FOR SUCH A GREAT JOB OF TRAINING ME TO BECOME A JUNIOR DATA ANALYST. THANK YOU ALOT, GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY.