Learner Reviews & Feedback for Hiring Practices by University of California, Irvine
About the Course
Welcome to Hiring Practices. In this course, you will learn how to develop a strategic plan to attract, recruit and retain employees at every level, from those just entering the workforce through those at the executive level. We will explore each step of the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process, providing a thorough explanation of the uniqueness of the step and its fit and importance within the entire talent lifecycle. Special attention is paid to diversity and inclusion as it relates to each of these steps and how we can successfully harness these most valued practices.
Exploring these processes can be valuable at any level, whether this is an interest you are looking to discover or for a seasoned human resource professional wanting to expand upon an already solid knowledge base. The course combines materials focused on current hiring trends along with over 20 years of real-life practical work examples, providing you with an easy-to-understand format for your hiring practices.
Learning goals for this course include:
- Develop a strategic plan for recruiting both exempt and non-exempt positions
- Identify and understand the importance of each step in the recruitment process
- Incorporate diversity and inclusion throughout the recruitment process, highlighting the significance of those elements
- Describe a successful selection process
- Identify important components of successfully onboarding new employees...