Back to How To Create a Website in a Weekend! (Project-Centered Course)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How To Create a Website in a Weekend! (Project-Centered Course) by The State University of New York

3.3

What you’ll achieve: In this project-centered course*, you’ll design, build, and publish a basic website that incorporates text, sound, images, hyperlinks, plug-ins, and social media interactivity. We’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions, exercises, tips, and tools that enable you to set up a domain name, create an attractive layout for your pages, organize your content properly, ensure that your site functions well across different operating systems and on mobile devices, keep your site safe, and finally, let people know your site is online. We’ll even show you how to track your visitors. Throughout the course, you'll engage in collaboration and discussion with other learners through course forums and peer review. Once you complete your first website project using Wordpress, you can move on to our optional, extended module that covers more advanced techniques such as using a simple text editor, coding in HTML, CSS, and Javascript, and more. What you’ll need to get started: This project-centered course is designed for learners who have little or no prior experience developing a web site. You will need a computer with a stable Internet connection. We’ll use Wordpress to get you started, provide lots of downloadable examples, and guide you through the process of giving and receiving constructive peer-to-peer feedback. *About Project-Centered Courses: Project-centered courses are designed to help you complete a personally meaningful real-world project, with your instructor and a community of learners with similar goals providing guidance and suggestions along the way. By actively applying new concepts as you learn, you’ll master the course content more efficiently; you’ll also get a head start on using the skills you gain to make positive changes in your life and career. When you complete the course, you’ll have a finished project that you’ll be proud to use and share....

AS
Jul 10, 2020

This was a good experience and a good lesson for me .Which can be helpful in future thanks for giving a different way and perspective on websites.It was first time i felt websites are interesting

ZC
Aug 5, 2018

Great course and well presented. Easy to understand! Recommend to everyone who needs and wants to understand the basics of the web design. Thank you to professors.

151 - 175 of 184 Reviews for How To Create a Website in a Weekend! (Project-Centered Course)

By Jennifer F

Apr 26, 2020

This course is supposedly for newbies but there is virtually no instruction and if I didn't have a clear idea of a website already I would have been lost. I think the grading criteria at least in the first assignments, are a little wonky. i would unenroll but it doesn't allow me to.

By Michele C

Jul 7, 2020

Most of this course was spent on other websites, mainly wordpress. The instructors were almost non existent. Do not waste your money on this course, go straight to wordpress and learn from there.

By Jonathan S

Mar 24, 2016

This course should be called "Intro to fundamentals of website design". You may learn, in the process of a few days, how to create a website, but not "how to create a website in a weekend".

By Saeed N

Jun 25, 2016

The sequence of the learning movie are not good and some times while teaching the the movie is ended.

Besides, rather than educational material this course refer to several website.

By Catherine M

Feb 13, 2017

I felt the course went far too fast and is definitely NOT a course for beginners. I gave up after the 2nd week and I now feel more than ever overwhelmed by setting my own website.

By Julie A J

Jul 18, 2017

This course was very confusing and gave very little direction and explanation -- the What, Why, and Hows. I found the entire process very frustrating and gave up on the course.

By Mackenzie J

Jan 2, 2020

Do not waste your time or money. Instruction is non-existent, and the peer review process is a joke. This is possibly the worst course I have taken through Coursera.

By Carole N W

Apr 12, 2016

If I could give this course a lower score, I would. It was not helpful at all. I ended up having to take another course so I could actually complete my website.

By Javier O

Jan 5, 2020

This course is very basic and it has a format of tutorial rather than been a lecture. There are many tutorials with public access and better quality.

By Colleen S

May 12, 2018

I did not appreciate this course. It was poorly designed. There was almost no support from instructors. It seemed to be just a to-do list.

By Jaime B

Sep 28, 2021

This course didn't teach me anything and I've submitted everything and reset deadlines already and never get graded. Terrible course.

By Mohammed A F

Aug 1, 2021

T​his is the worst course I have ever taken, I did not undrestand any dame thing and I absloutly will leave it forever.

By Johanna H

May 16, 2016

I thought you would learn how to actually create a website, not just how to pick and install a premade wordpress theme.

By Naveed H

Jul 2, 2020

They have given links for learning. If I were a person to learn from text why would I have enrolled this course.

By SASIN N

Its been around a month since I have completed all assignments but no one reviewed my assignments at all.

By Mary G

May 8, 2017

Very disconnected . . . several broken links....that lead to random information. Not what I expected -

Mar 27, 2016

This is a bait and switch. You must purchase the course even though parts are free, it's really not.

By Carri C

May 16, 2016

They jump around too much and it is very hard to follow. Often I feel like I missed out on content.

By javier P G

May 13, 2020

The worst course ever, they do not explain anything, just send links so you can make a research!

By Andrew A

Jun 2, 2016

Very horrible and boring course, poorly designed and the teachers can't even speak properly.

By Michele I

Dec 28, 2019

No videos and no course, only external articles and exercises which not everyone may need.

By Dr S M

Apr 5, 2016

cheap !!! just money involved in each subsectionswhich r the most interesting parts

By Sendus M M

May 7, 2020

Its bad. Like the prof explains nothing. only readings. I did not like it at all.

By RogerD

Jul 13, 2020

It is only a collection of website links. I would not call it "course".

By Malick C

Mar 24, 2016

The most boring course ever. I just couldn't go beyond the first day