Back to How To Create a Website in a Weekend! (Project-Centered Course)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How To Create a Website in a Weekend! (Project-Centered Course) by The State University of New York

3.3

What you’ll achieve: In this project-centered course*, you’ll design, build, and publish a basic website that incorporates text, sound, images, hyperlinks, plug-ins, and social media interactivity. We’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions, exercises, tips, and tools that enable you to set up a domain name, create an attractive layout for your pages, organize your content properly, ensure that your site functions well across different operating systems and on mobile devices, keep your site safe, and finally, let people know your site is online. We’ll even show you how to track your visitors. Throughout the course, you'll engage in collaboration and discussion with other learners through course forums and peer review. Once you complete your first website project using Wordpress, you can move on to our optional, extended module that covers more advanced techniques such as using a simple text editor, coding in HTML, CSS, and Javascript, and more. What you’ll need to get started: This project-centered course is designed for learners who have little or no prior experience developing a web site. You will need a computer with a stable Internet connection. We’ll use Wordpress to get you started, provide lots of downloadable examples, and guide you through the process of giving and receiving constructive peer-to-peer feedback. *About Project-Centered Courses: Project-centered courses are designed to help you complete a personally meaningful real-world project, with your instructor and a community of learners with similar goals providing guidance and suggestions along the way. By actively applying new concepts as you learn, you’ll master the course content more efficiently; you’ll also get a head start on using the skills you gain to make positive changes in your life and career. When you complete the course, you’ll have a finished project that you’ll be proud to use and share....

AS
Jul 10, 2020

This was a good experience and a good lesson for me .Which can be helpful in future thanks for giving a different way and perspective on websites.It was first time i felt websites are interesting

TS
Mar 21, 2016

The title of this course is so inspirational that I actually ended up creating a website in a weened. Now I am using course material to enhance it.

26 - 50 of 177 Reviews for How To Create a Website in a Weekend! (Project-Centered Course)

By De B

Sep 17, 2016

If you have any experience with websites, this course is not for you: it is merely about the soft stuff. Got a couple of nice links to color scheme generator et cetera, but did not deliver what I thought it promised.

By Valerie W

Jan 31, 2019

Not what I expected from the description. Instruction was not clearly defined and I abandoned the course. I did not find the instruction useful.

By Mr. G

Dec 17, 2016

makes it very confusing. I was looking to make a business websites.

By Marvin E S U

Aug 14, 2017

Not helpful. Need more detail to make something good.

By Han C

Feb 25, 2017

Have to say: this course is not useful

By Ankur T

Apr 29, 2016

Nothing good in this course

By Rajan K

Mar 24, 2019

It is a course that lives up to its name. You, too, can create a website in a weekend, though I decided to take 2 months because I was setting up ideas for a new entity in parallel. The course depends a lot on your peers, who are very helpful. The course instructors are not available, but they have set up a process that is easily navigable in their absence. I am glad I took this course. The contributions it has made in my professional and personal lives are substantial. I really appreciate the work the instructors, my fellow students and of course, Coursera did to make it possible. A big thank you.

By John P D

Nov 13, 2020

During this course, I benefited much more from the instructor skills. Besides, I have gained the opportunity to express myself and conduct peers review to understand how others perform through web design. Finally, I am proud of having my new site launched at the wordpress and developing more soon.

Beneficial project skills gained, again, thanks a lot for the course instructors for SUNY.

John Paco Dradria

By Anastasiia K

Oct 30, 2020

It was interesting and useful experience. Thanks to this course I learned how to create my website starting from the very idea. I would say you will actually get those knowledge which are described in the course preview. If you are interested to learn how to build a websie in a weekend, that would be a perfect course.

By Megarbane a

Aug 23, 2017

When I started this course I found it very basic.

When I started working on my website I realized that all the tips, the links and the documentation was really very useful and helpful. all the small details and advice make a great difference.

I found that it is an excellent support to my project!

By Surobhi P

Jul 29, 2020

I found it very helpful. Although It took me little time to understand few things related to assignments but at the end I truly enjoyed the journey of making my first website on word press. Thank you so much :)

By Aditi S

Jul 11, 2020

By Zhanna

Aug 6, 2018

Great course and well presented. Easy to understand! Recommend to everyone who needs and wants to understand the basics of the web design. Thank you to professors.

By Karan S

Aug 11, 2020

The lessons were extremely useful and I learnt so many new things along the way! It IS in fact poosible to create a website in a weekend!

By Paulina R R

Jul 22, 2016

Me ayudó a aprender todo lo que necesitaba saber. Muy bueno!! Y sí es cierto que se puede hacer un sitio web en un fin de semana :)

By Ashwath B

Apr 28, 2020

It is an exceptional course for beginners to learn about the fundamentals behind creating a website.

By Bhabajyoti S

Apr 30, 2020

Quite easy to understand. The expert really made me understand the course properly. Thank you.

By MOHIT S A

Oct 4, 2019

If you want to design a perfect website like design wise !!! You must check out this course.

By Mahum J

Jun 14, 2019

Great course. Would recommend to everyone who wants to learn to design a website.

By Moskvin Y

Apr 12, 2020

I am recommending this course to everyone who wants to learn ho wordpress works.

By Rohit S

Apr 20, 2020

Coursera helped me a lot to add credits to my knowledge and certificates.

By Umera N

Sep 2, 2020

Overall course was good I learn a lot about websites during this course

By andre b

Feb 4, 2017

great crash course for anyone interested in the web design process.

By Andres A C

Aug 24, 2017

En realidad se puede aprender a hacer una pagina web en wordpress

By MARIA E A

Sep 2, 2020

Great and Easy way to understand the basics for a website