Back to Chinese for HSK 4

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 4 by Peking University

大家好!Hi, everyone, welcome to join our Chinese for HSK Level 4 course. This is CHEN Li and LU Yun, and we are very happy to meet you here! Chinese for HSK 4 is a 10-week course. It consists of two parts: Part I, which is a 6-week program, covers vocabulary and grammar delivered mainly through dialogues and passages; Part II takes 4 weeks to complete and the foci are exercises and testing strategies. Chinese for HSK 4 aims at the fourth level of HSK. It is the counterpart of Level 4 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the B2 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Chinese for HSK 4 includes:  424 new HSK 4 vocabularies;  Detailed explanation about 96 key words and grammar points;  Analyze reading and listening materials from Official Examination Paper of HSK Level 4  Review the words you have learnt in HSK 1 、HSK 2、HSK 3 courses.  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers; At the end of the course, you will be able to converse in Chinese on a wide range of topics and are able to communicate fluently with native Chinese speakers. Specifically, you will master certain grammar knowledge containing fundamental sentence structure and usage like sentences with “不仅A而且/还B”(not merely A, but also B);“无论(A还是B),都.....”(whether A or B);“既然…..就…..” (since); “在…….下" (on the condition of );“即使……也”(even though/if );“甚至" (even to the extent that) ;“千万要/不要/别”(make sure to ) and so on. It does not matter if you complete HSK Level 3 or not, as long as you have obtained elementary Chinese language competency. Hope you enjoy our HSK courses. CHEN Li, LU Yun and Chinese for HSK Level 4 team....

RB
Jul 7, 2020

It's an amazing class, however it would be nice to have a list of all the "extra words" that were mentioned in exercices or during the videos. Thank you!

QT
Apr 5, 2021

作为一名土生土长的中国人,其实我是选错了课程,但是走下来,对这门课程体验感不错,希望可以增加一点新兴事物,比方说中国当下的支付宝扫码等,更实用

1 - 25 of 146 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 4

By Roman K

Aug 25, 2018

i really like this course. It is well organised, useful, and interesting!

Recommend it to those one who want to increase Chinese language proficiency and to prepare for the HSK 4 exam.

By Patrick L R B

Aug 14, 2019

This course great for any intermediate chinese learners, yet one main disadvantage, from my 2 week experience, is the fact that exercises are quite scarce and would benefit this course and other learners.

By Min Z

Nov 18, 2018

I'm a Chinese born Canadian and I absolutely adore this course. Taking countless night classes when I was younger and trying dozens of online learning materials to improve my Chinese reading skills did nothing. This is the only thing that worked for me. I highly recommend this course!

By Mirna G L G R

Sep 5, 2019

Excelent course if you want to excel in HSK 4

By Florent

Oct 26, 2020

it's good to have a structure wit the videos but : 1) there are more than 50 vocabulary words that are missing, 2) there aren't enough exercises to prepare for the grammar exercises in HSK 4 test. It was good for HSK 1-3 but I would not recommend using this course to prepare for HSK 4.

By Ali Y

Jun 6, 2020

This course is too helpful for international students and other people who’s want to do job and business in China.

From this course I learn more about Chinese character and now my speaking and listening is a little bit good from my previous stage.

i recommend this website to all students and specially needy students whose can’t afford their education. Come and find free and financial aid for many courses in all level.

By Nicolas P

Nov 11, 2020

This course is very well structured, the content and the teachers are very good! They even give you exercises to review what you learn. I recommend it to every intermediate student, even if you are not taking any exam, this course will expand your vocabulary and grammar. Thank you very much Peking University!

By Melissa G H

Jun 4, 2020

The HSK 4 preparation course was great! I learned so much and really liked the structure of the course. As part of the course, they give you a lot of tips, time and resources to prepare for the Mandarin proficiency exams which I found very useful. The lessons were also straightforward and easy to follow.

By robert m

Aug 28, 2020

Excellent preparation for HSK4. The middle part, when it switches Professors, is the most difficult section. This is because the Professor in the second half ramps up the difficulty a bit more. If you fight through it, I'm sure you'll find yourself ready for HSK4 by the end. Don't give up!

By Stefan W

Sep 29, 2020

I did this course in addition to working with the Hanban HSK 4 Standard Course books. The coursera course helped me a lot to contextualize the grammar points and vocabulary and the exam preparation section felt like a good wrap up. Now I feel ready to attend the HSK 4 exam.

By Anh N

Dec 1, 2019

Great course - easy to follow. However, students need to work on more materials to actually pass the HSK 4 level. I use this online course to go through what I have already learned. If someone uses this course to learn new materials, I'm afraid it's not enough.

By Ковалёв В Н

Feb 10, 2021

Материалы, представленные в данном курсе, помогли углубить понимание предложений на китайском языке, усвоить новые слова и закрепить активный словарный запас. Также в курсе имеется часть аудирования. Спасибо разработчикам курса!

By James B

Mar 22, 2021

Short lessons most nights took a lot of effort to keep on top of but iltimately the best way to learn and the final few weeks of the course really prepared me well for the HSK exam which I hadn't taken before.

By Mucyo H

Mar 27, 2021

Hello, i have completed my course Chinese for HSK 4 on 26th march 2021 from Peking university, but i can't find my certificate even when i verify my account, still i see nothing. i need some help. Thank you.

By Emmanuel A

Sep 26, 2020

This is not a beginner course in Chinese, it is an intermediate level of getting to know Chinese.

It is an engaging course to improve your Chinese even better.

Great job with the lecture videos!!

By Constance J

May 5, 2020

The way the course is structured is really good. I like that they focused on learning the vocabulary and grammar in context first, and then applied what we learned to the test format later.

By VOLOVYCH O

Apr 26, 2020

The course is very well organised, allows to revise vocabulary and grammar of hsk4. The teachers` pronunciation is very clear, so it`s easy to remember correct tones of the words.

By Valentina I

Apr 24, 2020

thank you very much for such an amazing course! I got a lot of valuable information and recommend to everybody who studies Chinese language. The teachers also performed very good!

By Helen H O L

I took this back in 2019, to prepare for HSK 4. I've already passed HSK 4 years ago but this was a great course to rejog my memories and help me learn more about the exam itself.

By Nzue M

I really apreciated the organization of the course, and this was very helpful for me. I highly recommend it for all who want to seriously prepare the hsk exam. Thank you a lot.

By Cam N L

May 12, 2020

Thank you for this amazing course. I think it would be better if this course provides scripts of listening tests (something like unlocked sections after passing the tests).

By Lali

Jun 11, 2020

This course is very useful, effective, and joyful. I appreciate that this course was taught seriously. The contents are detailed and practical. 10/10 I recommend it!

By Tanesh P

Sep 7, 2020

Very useful course for HSK 4 exam. The course covers over 400 HSK 4 vocabularies but not all. I thoroughly enjoy the course and will continue on to HSK 5 class.

By Michal Š

Sep 9, 2019

Its very good course, with only one mistake, too much content in one lesson. I would prefer having the course divided into two, studying would go then better. :)

By To H T

Aug 22, 2019

awesome course for Chinese learners! Thank you Coursera and Peking Uni for this course. It's very useful and easy to follow. :) Can't tell how much I love it.