Back to Information Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Information Design by University of California San Diego

A blank canvas is full of possibility. If you have an idea for a user experience, how do you turn it into a beautiful and effective user interface? This covers covers principles of visual design so that you can effectively organize and present information with your interfaces. You'll learn concrete strategies to create user interfaces, including key lessons in typography, information architecture, layout, color, and more. You’ll learn particular issues that arise in new device contexts, such as mobile and responsive interfaces. You will learn how to apply these design principles in a modern context of increasingly diverse form factors - from tablets, to walls, to watches....

NS

Mar 17, 2016

I liked the way the functions & tasks of information design were taught with a hands on approach. I recommend this for anybody keen to understand what information design is and how to make it work.

KA

Mar 18, 2016

Great opportunities for me to experience creativity in design. I struggle initially to come up with my own mock ups, and I persisted because I am motivated with what I learned from the modules.

1 - 25 of 84 Reviews for Information Design

By ALKESH

Nov 01, 2018

Awesome

By Joseph L R J

Mar 02, 2017

What I've learn the most in this course is designing a responsive layout for most devices.

By Yang L

Nov 08, 2016

Great course!

By Giorgia A

Nov 24, 2017

Great course, maybe the one I enjoyed the most in the whole specialization!

By Lissa A

Jul 05, 2017

Fun course. Really helped me think about how information is displayed, the message depending on who the audience is, and the device being used.

By Tamella H

Oct 23, 2017

In this course you will put all the knowledge you gained into work. I spend around 8-9 hours for each assignment but I loved it .

By raffaella i

By Khairul A

Mar 18, 2016

By Maria K

Jun 21, 2018

One of the best courses in this specialization! Personally I sometimes need to be pushed to understand that you can do it. With each assignment, you start realizing that everything is possible and you can quickly come up with ideas both for desktop, mobile, watch, and wall interfaces. Thanks, professor Scott Klemmer for this course and the specialization!

By Juan P E

Jul 18, 2017

Excellent course, the one I've enjoyed the most out of the specialisation.

As always, great content. The assignments were very helpful and I really liked the fact that they built on the previous one, so at the end of the course we have a cool design process to show.

Thank you so much to Prof. Klemmer for his work and enthusiasm.

By Zongchen T

Nov 30, 2016

The Best Course

By Kolya K

Jul 16, 2017

Very nice course, maybe one of the best here.

Some time there is some lost of consistency, but overall everything is great.

By Nene W

Feb 06, 2017

very practical course with applicable skills. well worth the effort to complete.

By Sajedul I

Aug 28, 2016

Great !

By Matthew S

Jan 28, 2017

I really liked this course - it's probably my favourite module in the HCI specialisation. I really enjoyed thinking about what was the most important information across different form factors, and working from there to build up a layout for the screen size.

By Oluwatobi A

Sep 15, 2016

Wonderful course.

By Nicolas D G N

Jul 19, 2017

Great!

By Johnathan H

Apr 16, 2017

This course has provided a great deal of hands on case studies to increase my understanding of interface design. I highly recommend this course for those interested in learning about designing for various devices and screen sizes.

By yashar k s

Oct 04, 2016

Best Course

By Daniel G

Aug 01, 2017

Muy buen curso

By Crystal M

Jul 30, 2017

Fantastic. Very good teacher. I found it immensely useful to see him work through examples in real time. I feel this has been the best course I have done in a VERY long time. Highly recommended

By Elle K P L

Jun 29, 2018

I like the practical assignments a lot.

By Nakul S

Mar 17, 2016

By Joel W

Apr 02, 2016

Very fun and very useful!