Back to Instructional Methods in Health Professions Education

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Instructional Methods in Health Professions Education by University of Michigan

This course provides those involved in educating members of the health professions an asynchronous, interdisciplinary, and interactive way to obtain, expand, and improve their teaching skills. These skills can then be applied within their own professional context, with a variety of learners, extending across many stages. After completing this course, learners will: 1. Understand educational theory as it relates to health professions education 2. Match instructional methods with desired educational outcomes 3. Learn a variety of applied teaching techniques 4. Share successful teaching strategies Suggested resources will include educational videos, individual readings, recommended reference books, and crowd-sourced recommendations. All students should have dependable access to the internet with video streaming capabilities. Some students may want the ability to utilize on-line video conferencing as well....

SM

Nov 07, 2017

Quiz 03.02 is very vague in what answer is expected. Even after several tried I was unable to complete the quiz. Please look into the issue. Otherwise the course content and delivery is excellent

ME

Jun 04, 2018

Good overview of teaching concepts. New educators will take a lot away from this course if taken seriously. Nice review with some occasional insights for more experienced professors.

26 - 40 of 40 Reviews for Instructional Methods in Health Professions Education

By Edward O

Oct 25, 2016

Really enjoyed Dr Stalburg's lectures and pleasant speaking voice. Would recommend this course.

By Michael A

Jun 23, 2016

Very useful and well taught. Lots I can use in practice.

By Santiago A G G

Apr 16, 2017

I really enjoyed the course and I think it provides powerful tools to understand teaching and making it more meaningful, how to improve student-teacher relations and how it can impact learning results.

By Monika M

Feb 25, 2017

Its a great learning experience, thanks for conducting the program in such an efficient way.

By Gaston B M

Jul 05, 2017

Amazing Course!

By FAITH R I

May 10, 2017

I have learned a lot. Very significant to my practice as no

By Soheir S M I E B

Jul 11, 2019

best online course i had ever had

By Seng G M A

Aug 23, 2019

This is a very useful and interesting course. I have enjoyed going through the study materials. It will be better if I can engage active discussion with the instructor.

By Linda K

Jul 28, 2017

I learned a lot, the content offered more than I anticipated, was a little caught off card by the assessments, which were more challenging than I expected. Overall a good course.

By Nima A S

Mar 19, 2017

T

By mohamed r

Oct 23, 2016

Nice instruction and instructor but if i do not have any idea about health education, it would have been difficult to me. we need also some more details (larger course).

By Emily S

Jun 14, 2016

The course itself is good, however the assessments need to be worked on

By Sam T

Apr 29, 2017

Study material DOES NOT cover tested material appropriately. For those quizzes I took, I ended up doing them by trial and error. Took one of them seven times just changing answers. Quiz 3 is so ambiguous that I am giving up.

By Janita K

May 06, 2017

I so wanted this course to be great, but after three quizzes where I had to do pure trial and error as it was 'guess what I'm thinking', the last one where my 'clean hands' answer for a checklist item on keeping a sterile environment was marked wrong, I reluctantly gave up and unenrolled. Very disappointing

By Eric P

Aug 27, 2016

The irony of the fact that a course that was meant to teach how to appropriate evaluate adult learners was full of quizzes that were riddled with "guess what I'm thinking" short answer questions and multiple choice questions with > or < 1 correct answer was not lost on me. I ended up leaving the course during week three after issues with a quiz that was described in the forums as "impossible." It's too bad - the course description was very promising.