Back to Interfacing with the Arduino

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Interfacing with the Arduino by University of California, Irvine

Arduino senses the environment by receiving inputs from add-on devices such as sensors, and can control the world around it by adjusting lights, motors, and other actuators. In this class you will learn how and when to use the different types of sensors and how to connect them to the Arduino. Since the external world uses continuous or analog signals and the hardware is digital you will learn how these signals are converted back-and-forth and how this must be considered as you program your device. You'll also learn about the use of Arduino-specific shields and the shields software libraries to interface with the real world. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums....

DS

Nov 18, 2016

Great course to learn the different options that you have on the Arduino platform, the structure helps you to learn more than by looking at "videos" or reading online documentation.

AP

Jan 26, 2016

Great course! You will learn much on Arduino projects and Arduino Shields.\n\nThis course earns my highest recommendations and is ideal for someone who wants to learn more on IoT.

1 - 25 of 399 Reviews for Interfacing with the Arduino

By Michael M

Dec 10, 2018

Provides valuable information on inter-process communications and programming decoupled sensor/actuator interactions.

By Adamya

Sep 28, 2016

Absolutely loved this course. Despite a very seemingly 'casual' method of instruction, the content surely keeps the student on their toes. There is just oodles of stuff to learn in this Course! You'll leave enlightened in the Arduino Space! Great course, I recommend it to everyone who wants to learn how the shields work, internet connectivity with Arduino and even basics of Arduino.

By Adolfo J S V

Feb 26, 2017

Gives you a broad knowledge of all the different ways you can interact with the Arduino. Starting withe simplest elements as resistors and LEDs and ending in the most complex and advanced interfaces i.e. ethernet and wireless interfaces. Your knowledge will increase exponentially with every minute you use to study. Personally I consider this course a great and thrilling ride.

By Udayanga D R

Dec 05, 2016

First I really appreciate Coursera community because they gave me an opportunity to follow this course module.Now i completed it and i have a valuable certificate .If you didnt give chance for me, i cant get this achievement.I give feedback for Interfacing with ardunio with in few words. "It is GREAT" .It was done rally good by professor Harris .thanks for all

By Vijay S

Dec 31, 2015

Such a Wonderful Course. I was constantly on the look for a course which will teach me some basics about Arduino, as I had some basic electronics course at college. This course has given me all that I require to further dig in and do the experiments. I right away ordered Arduino and some components from Amazon. Thank you Professor, and thank you Coursera.

By Georges-Emmanuel P

Nov 04, 2016

Nice courses with a so good lecture as usual... it is amazing how Ian Harris can present complicated things in a so simple way ! Very easy to understand even for people whose english is not their native language as myself.

Thanks Again !!!

Just sad that in the next courses of IOT Raspberry PI devices are not programmed in C++...

Bye & Thanks again !

By Sergey L

Sep 27, 2017

A good overview course to begin to explore the interaction of Arduino with the external environment. The information turned out to be slightly less than I would like, but enough to continue studying on my own. It is better to go together with "The Arduino Platform and C Programming" course.

By Binod

Aug 24, 2017

All the basic and fundamental concept has been explained in this course. I would like to recommend this course to any one who is new or learning Arduino. Very useful course. I got chance to learn learn many thing and many thing I revised. Thanks and very much respect to Mr. Ian Harris.

By Clair D

Feb 20, 2016

As have the first two been, this course is also spectacularly well done. By this time I can almost think things through without going to the books. Almost, but not quite. This series of courses is really amazing. A wonderful entry to the Internet of Things. Thank you.

By Nuria M

Feb 26, 2016

Great course for newbies and also for professionals from related disciplines. This was the first course i enrolled, and after finishing it, it left me with hunger for more knowledge on Arduino platform and IOT development, so i enrolled for the whole specialization.

By Prabesh C

Jul 10, 2018

This is the most important course in the whole specialization for Arduino. It gives great insights into all important topics for arduino programming. It would have been nice if all important libraries could be discussed.

By Aditya R

Oct 31, 2019

A remarkable experience learning a completely novel concept by an exceptionally talented faculty and gaining enough knowledge of the subject so as to develop an interest into dwelling into it even further.

By Diego S

Nov 18, 2016

By Rajesh K

Jun 08, 2017

If you are new or eager to learn about the Arduino, this course bring you up to speed. Though I played with Arduino little bit before this class, this class put me in right path.

By Athanasios P

Jan 26, 2016

Great course! You will learn much on Arduino projects and Arduino Shields.

By Tahir I

Nov 18, 2015

this course give me wings,to solve my electronics problem,i really happy i can access this course any where in world and can study at my own pace............

By Md A S

Feb 13, 2016

I expected more extensive courseworks. Did not involve me in a lot of courseworks. I learnt a lot but got to implement very few.Week3 assignment was good.

By João A J P

Oct 09, 2018

That was a good experience, for me with the desire to upgrade the knowledge of arduino in order to pass this experience to students beginners.

By SAINDANE N R

Nov 26, 2019

This platform is most important for students to gain more knowledge in there intrest. Thank u for providing as such a wonderful platform.

By Saravana K

Jul 03, 2016

Neatly explained. Easy to learn and must for beginners. Thank you University of California and Coursera. Best IoT course on the Internet

By Naveen J S

Feb 19, 2019

I found this very informative & I have learnt the Interfacing techniques & so got a good skill on the interfacing & usage of Arduino.

By Ivan

Nov 01, 2017

Good course but eeprom homework is really bad described so be prepared for it.

Good if you want to start learning about arduino.

By Riekus V D W

Jul 30, 2018

This is a very good course, and the lecturer giving the lectures is very insightful and understands his field very well.

By VERMA S

Jan 13, 2020

Course was interactive. We gained brief knowledge regarding Arduino and got a step closer to specialise IOT devices

By Sarvesh B

Oct 13, 2019

A very nicely outlined course explaining all the electronics basics , Arduino shields , Communication protocols .