Back to Introduction to Blockchain Technologies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Blockchain Technologies by INSEAD

In this first course of the specialization, we will discuss the limitations of the Internet for business and economic activity, and explain how blockchain technology represents the way forward. After completing this course, you will be able to explain what blockchain is, how it works, and why it is revolutionary. You will learn key concepts such as mining, hashing, proof-of-work, public key cryptography, and the double-spend problem. You’ll be able to describe seven design principles for blockchain technology, and the challenges facing the people developing it. You’ll also meet the players in the blockchain ecosystem, and consider your own role in stewarding the blockchain revolution....

SP

Sep 28, 2019

This course wonderfully describes the technology and its workings. Helped me understand the intricacies of this disruption and comprehend some of the challenges that I did not even consider before.

MP

Nov 30, 2019

It was amazing for me to take this course, now I'm in love with the topic and I want to learn a lot more about it and maybe in the near future to be part of the world of blockchain business.

1 - 25 of 102 Reviews for Introduction to Blockchain Technologies

By Wouter S

Jul 18, 2019

I'm actually not very satisfied with this course. I wanted to get an introduction to Blockchain (and this has delivered) and selected INSEAD for high quality. I believe that the two authors of the course are clearly promoting blockchain without taking sufficient scientific evidence to prove its potential in society. Also I found that they focused a lot on their work and that of their platform. All-in-all, I believe that this course is quite biased and a pitch for blockchain rather than a neutral introduction.

By Bryan A W

Apr 02, 2019

A very eye-opening course in my opinion. I learnt so much about blockchain, the terms related to it, types of blockchain, stakeholders in the blockchain system, implementation challenges, etc.

Additionally, this course provides me with a rich amount of references that will definitely be useful in the future. Overall easy-to-understand explanation, the professor talks very slowly though, I think 1.5x speed is the most suitable for me.

By Kush S

Jun 14, 2019

I really enjoyed the course. I would like acknowledge both the course and academic instructors. I just believe that the only thing I was waiting in the whole course was how blockchain are exactly worked upon. I mean the web link which was provided regarding the blockchain. nonce and hash was really nice. I think as a beginner, I would better like first visualize how a blockchain system work in practical and then would prefer to understand the deep principle and etc. A small video should be added like in what language is it coded or when talked about bitcoins, how exactly are they mined. Some practical hands on experience.

Rest all it was a great experience. Thank you for sharing the knowledge with us.

By Anantha K

Mar 26, 2019

I absolutely enjoyed reading the book and thats what inspired me to take this course.

By Vladan M

Mar 31, 2019

Excellent introduction,i had previous knowledge so it was relatively easy for me

By Mahitosh M

Apr 08, 2019

Course is very helpful for me in understanding the basics of the Blockchain technology and what are the challenges and future of this technology in various industries.

By Sanjiv K

Apr 14, 2019

Very interesting while learning with videos and paragraph, Thanks to tapscott

By Nicholas K

Apr 23, 2019

Exceptionally easy and insightful course.

By Essa A

Apr 27, 2019

The course is marvelous. Despite having a strong background in blockchain technology, I benefited a lot through the technically-correct presentation of the big picture, given the history of technology and its adaptation in general. Another major strength is that blockchain is explained in terms of what it can do (real-world applications), not only what it is (technically). This is definitely a go-to course for anyone not wishing to get lost in the ocean of materials explaining blockchain-- nonsense-free. If you're more serious, I recommend buying at least the referenced books beforehand: the presenter's "The Blockchain Revolution" and Andrea Antonopoulos's "Mastering Blockchain" 2nd edition.

By David M S

May 11, 2019

Amazing course! Don and Alex Tapscott are amazing instructors. The contents of the course are very interesting. I love the way the course is structured. I recommend this course to everybody, no matter what your background is, you will find it super interesting.

I hope that Don and Alex continue to create courses for Coursera, I will enroll in all of them.

By amitbhushanbhatt

Apr 29, 2019

Excellent introduction to Blockchain.

By Kanu M

May 14, 2019

Great for an initial overview, understanding basic, problems and how we can learn more. I'm looking forward to the next course on blockchain

By Patrik B

Jun 18, 2019

Fantastic Introduction! Highly recommended!

By Piotr

Great course!

By Varun G

Jun 22, 2019

This course provides a very thorough and rigorous introduction of blockchain technology. The course content is unbiased and presents the "as is" current state of the blockchain technology detailing both advantages and challenge (or showstoppers). Both the instructors have done a fabulous job at lecture delivery. The reading section has some really interesting articles and it was fun going through them. Overall, doing this course was a great value addition and I feel that I am better prepared for my current job as a management consultant (which sometimes may involve due diligence on the usage of advanced technology like blockchain) after taking this course.

By bruno c

AMAZING!!!

By Jacobo V M

Jun 23, 2019

Easy to follow and good explanations

By Pierre C

Jul 16, 2019

You could always spend couple of years researching everything related to Blockchain technology on the internet of information, understand a lot, but still miss some points. This course actually fills in a lot of gaps and cleared everything up in an amazing way! Thank you so much for the hard work.

By Rajeev K

Jul 17, 2019

Very Detailed and Easy to Understand

By Rohit S

Jul 21, 2019

Absolutely loved it!

By Patrick G

Jul 22, 2019

Great introductory course to blockchain - I am now a lot more aware of this developing field of technology and how it works, making it easier to understand articles about it and see where it could be implemented!

By Orlando A

Jul 28, 2019

An excellent introduction to Blockchain!

By Tomaz V

Jul 26, 2019

The course opened my eyes and gave me opportunity

By M. C O

Jul 28, 2019

The content of this course is wide-ranging, clear and well-structured; hence I would definitely recommend it to my colleagues.

I would rate the performances of Professor Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott as excellent; they have made me quite easy, a first approach to blockchain.

Thanks also to INSEAD and congratulations on this course

By David Z