Back to Introduction to Blockchain Technologies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Blockchain Technologies by INSEAD

In this first course of the specialization, we will discuss the limitations of the Internet for business and economic activity, and explain how blockchain technology represents the way forward. After completing this course, you will be able to explain what blockchain is, how it works, and why it is revolutionary. You will learn key concepts such as mining, hashing, proof-of-work, public key cryptography, and the double-spend problem. You’ll be able to describe seven design principles for blockchain technology, and the challenges facing the people developing it. You’ll also meet the players in the blockchain ecosystem, and consider your own role in stewarding the blockchain revolution....

This course is really very helpful for students interested in Technologies or even in other fields, as Blockchain has the potential to bring a new revolution in the world, "The Second Era of Internet"

SP

Sep 28, 2019

This course wonderfully describes the technology and its workings. Helped me understand the intricacies of this disruption and comprehend some of the challenges that I did not even consider before.

1 - 25 of 208 Reviews for Introduction to Blockchain Technologies

By Wouter S

Jul 18, 2019

I'm actually not very satisfied with this course. I wanted to get an introduction to Blockchain (and this has delivered) and selected INSEAD for high quality. I believe that the two authors of the course are clearly promoting blockchain without taking sufficient scientific evidence to prove its potential in society. Also I found that they focused a lot on their work and that of their platform. All-in-all, I believe that this course is quite biased and a pitch for blockchain rather than a neutral introduction.

By Kush S

Jun 14, 2019

I really enjoyed the course. I would like acknowledge both the course and academic instructors. I just believe that the only thing I was waiting in the whole course was how blockchain are exactly worked upon. I mean the web link which was provided regarding the blockchain. nonce and hash was really nice. I think as a beginner, I would better like first visualize how a blockchain system work in practical and then would prefer to understand the deep principle and etc. A small video should be added like in what language is it coded or when talked about bitcoins, how exactly are they mined. Some practical hands on experience.

Rest all it was a great experience. Thank you for sharing the knowledge with us.

By Bryan A W

Apr 02, 2019

A very eye-opening course in my opinion. I learnt so much about blockchain, the terms related to it, types of blockchain, stakeholders in the blockchain system, implementation challenges, etc.

Additionally, this course provides me with a rich amount of references that will definitely be useful in the future. Overall easy-to-understand explanation, the professor talks very slowly though, I think 1.5x speed is the most suitable for me.

By John B

May 14, 2020

A very basic overview with the Tapscotts pushing their book on you in basically every video.

By Essa A

Apr 27, 2019

The course is marvelous. Despite having a strong background in blockchain technology, I benefited a lot through the technically-correct presentation of the big picture, given the history of technology and its adaptation in general. Another major strength is that blockchain is explained in terms of what it can do (real-world applications), not only what it is (technically). This is definitely a go-to course for anyone not wishing to get lost in the ocean of materials explaining blockchain-- nonsense-free. If you're more serious, I recommend buying at least the referenced books beforehand: the presenter's "The Blockchain Revolution" and Andrea Antonopoulos's "Mastering Blockchain" 2nd edition.

By Varun G

Jun 22, 2019

This course provides a very thorough and rigorous introduction of blockchain technology. The course content is unbiased and presents the "as is" current state of the blockchain technology detailing both advantages and challenge (or showstoppers). Both the instructors have done a fabulous job at lecture delivery. The reading section has some really interesting articles and it was fun going through them. Overall, doing this course was a great value addition and I feel that I am better prepared for my current job as a management consultant (which sometimes may involve due diligence on the usage of advanced technology like blockchain) after taking this course.

By David M S

May 11, 2019

Amazing course! Don and Alex Tapscott are amazing instructors. The contents of the course are very interesting. I love the way the course is structured. I recommend this course to everybody, no matter what your background is, you will find it super interesting.

I hope that Don and Alex continue to create courses for Coursera, I will enroll in all of them.

By Tufan D

Feb 05, 2020

Concepts well explained. If I have to nitpick, then I would have to say that the reading material could be more curated. A overall summary notes in form of a deck, doc would really help for future referrals.

Irrespective of that, this course is very well structured and I loved every moment of it. Thanks to Don & Alex for holding the door open & welcoming us to this new era.

By Perrine A C v L

Feb 16, 2020

Great course for beginners in Blockchain. Before this course, I found Blockchain a concept that was difficult to grasp and did not really understand how to potentially apply it to industries outside of the financial world. Now, I understand what Blockchain is, and feel more confident in using Blockchain technology in my future private and professional life.

By Sergey D

Dec 26, 2019

Course provided me with a great insight about what's blockchain and crypto-stuff are about as what's more valuabe, it put a seed of further interest to investigate the subject and find ways to impement. I was searching the way to wider my skills as preparation for future career challenges and I receive what I was looking for, thank you!

By M. C O

Jul 28, 2019

The content of this course is wide-ranging, clear and well-structured; hence I would definitely recommend it to my colleagues.

I would rate the performances of Professor Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott as excellent; they have made me quite easy, a first approach to blockchain.

Thanks also to INSEAD and congratulations on this course

By George T

Dec 30, 2019

Excellent overview of blockchain starting with the basics and covering a broad range of important concepts/issues like regulation, sustainability, and governance. Great supplemental reference materials. Highly recommended introduction to blockchain that clearly explains why blockchain and cryptocurrencies are changing the world.

By Galina P

Feb 03, 2020

Many thanks for the great course giving the basic but at the same time multidimensional idea what the blockchain is. The materials are easy to undestand despite the compex topic. The course covers not only the technology per se but also the pro and cons, the real life cases, adventages and disadvantages of the technology.

By Pierre C

Jul 16, 2019

You could always spend couple of years researching everything related to Blockchain technology on the internet of information, understand a lot, but still miss some points. This course actually fills in a lot of gaps and cleared everything up in an amazing way! Thank you so much for the hard work.

By Jonathan L

Aug 11, 2019

A great course! I found 'Introduction to Blockchain Technologies' to be a very thorough overview which helps newcomers to better understand the landscape of this technology; how it works in its current state, future use cases, and challenges facing it. Well done Don & Alex, and thank you INSEAD!

By Diego

Apr 14, 2020

Great Course for understanding the basics and the implementations of blockchain. And how this technology could bring big changes for good to our world. Im happy i got enrolled in this course and will keep learning more about blockchain.

Also thank you Dan & Alex for this awesome course.

By Robert P

Nov 19, 2019

I took this course to get a better understanding of the technology and concept of blockchain, with the eyes of layman observer. I was quickly won over by the easy nature of the course and that it was relatively jargon free - and so didn't require a huge amounts of prior knowledge.

By Saqib R

Aug 09, 2019

Interesting high-level coverage of current issues and challenges in Blockchain technology adoption. Not overly detailed in the technical aspects of cryptography (unlike other courses). A primer for non-techies with coverage of potential use cases and key challenges.

By Tolga A

Apr 25, 2020

A well-designed course. It will definitely help me with my blockchain research. I am looking forward to take the other courses within the Blockchain Revolution Specialization. My sincere greetings to Mr. Don Tapscott and Mr. Alex Tapscott.

By Ihssan E

May 22, 2020

Wonderful course to get an in depth introduction to the Blockchain world. You get to understand the basics of the process and have enough knowledge to start explaining to people the essence of this novel technology

By Patrick G

Jul 22, 2019

Great introductory course to blockchain - I am now a lot more aware of this developing field of technology and how it works, making it easier to understand articles about it and see where it could be implemented!

By Charles C

Jan 15, 2020

Fantastic introduction in setting the scene and groundwork for understanding Blockchain across all its core facets so enabling a solid grasp of the technology and where its going. Highly recommended course.

By Sandeep D

May 23, 2020

Very thorough and explained well! I learnt the practical challenges and possible workarounds that can be considered. Overall a great course for next gen...remember there is no going back on the blockchain.

By Jennifer

Apr 28, 2020

An absolutely necessary course, as we enter a new technological paradigm on a global scale.

Both the structure and the content was brilliant.

I am looking forward to Don and Alex's next Blockchain course.

By David C d K M

Apr 30, 2020

Synthetic, objective and open to any level of understanding of the technologie. I feel more confident now to get myself deeper into the Blockchain universe so it is just a beginning for me. Thanks guys !