Back to Introduction to Blockchain Technologies

Introduction to Blockchain Technologies, INSEAD

About this Course

In this first course of the specialization, we will discuss the limitations of the Internet for business and economic activity, and explain how blockchain technology represents the way forward. After completing this course, you will be able to explain what blockchain is, how it works, and why it is revolutionary. You will learn key concepts such as mining, hashing, proof-of-work, public key cryptography, and the double-spend problem. You’ll be able to describe seven design principles for blockchain technology, and the challenges facing the people developing it. You’ll also meet the players in the blockchain ecosystem, and consider your own role in stewarding the blockchain revolution....

By MM

Apr 08, 2019

Course is very helpful for me in understanding the basics of the Blockchain technology and what are the challenges and future of this technology in various industries.

By AK

Mar 26, 2019

I absolutely enjoyed reading the book and thats what inspired me to take this course.

7 Reviews

By Nicholas Khan-Roper

Apr 23, 2019

Exceptionally easy and insightful course.

By Sanjiv Kumar

Apr 14, 2019

Very interesting while learning with videos and paragraph, Thanks to tapscott

By Andrejs Vorobjovs

Apr 09, 2019

The format and explanations given are good. One of the presenter mixed politics with totally crap facts and included in the course., unbelievably for partnering it with INSEAD. At the same time some others political aspects, for example which country was behind Silk Road is omitted.

By Mahitosh Mahore

Apr 08, 2019

By Bryan Aptana Widjaja

Apr 02, 2019

A very eye-opening course in my opinion. I learnt so much about blockchain, the terms related to it, types of blockchain, stakeholders in the blockchain system, implementation challenges, etc.

Additionally, this course provides me with a rich amount of references that will definitely be useful in the future. Overall easy-to-understand explanation, the professor talks very slowly though, I think 1.5x speed is the most suitable for me.

By Vladan Milisavljevic

Mar 31, 2019

Excellent introduction,i had previous knowledge so it was relatively easy for me

By Anantha Kondalraj