Back to Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM

This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity. You will learn the history of Cybersecurity, types and motives of cyber attacks to further your knowledge of current threats to organizations and individuals. Key terminology, basic system concepts and tools will be examined as an introduction to the Cybersecurity field. You will learn about critical thinking and its importance to anyone looking to pursue a career in Cybersecurity. Finally, you will begin to learn about organizations and resources to further research cybersecurity issues in the Modern era. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cybersecurity or as the first course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Jr Cybersecurity Analyst. The completion of this course also makes you eligible to earn the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks IBM digital badge. More information about the badge can be found https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/introduction-to-cybersecurity-tools-cyber-attacks...

RV
Dec 24, 2020

If you want to learn cybersecurity and you have no idea about that. Then this is the best course which covers all the basic topics and provide you a best knowledge about cybersecurity and their tools.

GV
Aug 14, 2020

The reading link to Week 03's Framework and their purpose is Broken. Please Fix it. Everything else seemed perfect. I would recommend this course for people who think of starting their careers in CyS.

1726 - 1750 of 1,781 Reviews for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

By Turky F

Sep 28, 2020

Very poor audio quality makes it hard to understand and track the presenter

By Chan C M

Jul 10, 2020

Extremely dull. The audio is from a concall and the powerpoints are dull.

By Nasrin B

Mar 30, 2020

Low information density, questionaires ask for irrelevant information.

By abby

Apr 10, 2021

The instructors were not enthusiastic which made the class boring.

By Diego F

Low quality audios, poor structured, no exercises and just theory

By Daniel M

Oct 17, 2020

Most speakers were difficult to understand. Bad audio quality

By Kenil M

Sep 8, 2020

The voice in video is not good , but 2 stars for the badge!

By Kory H

Dec 2, 2020

Instructor isn't speaking clear enough.

By Himanshu s

Jul 20, 2020

Any app available for hacking

By Campbell P

May 1, 2020

Audio quality was very poor

By Ben C

Jun 23, 2020

Low-quality videos

By Timur U

Jun 20, 2020

Although the content of this course was important and crucial in the real IT lifestyle, some weaknesses should be mentioned. First of all, the technical support of chapters is not at an acceptable level. Sound disruption was too much. The second one, the tutoring approach. I believe that IBM will invite the professional tutors for this important course. Speach of some tutors was incoherent and not organized. I respect all tutors who tried to explain some complicated definitions easier, but probably, they know what does it mean but cannot explain it. It is a presentation skill that they need to improve or invite someone who has these skills. The last one is the assessment stage, some questions were included in module 1 but the information was in the last module only. It is confusing for learners. I wish all the best to the IBM learning team and hope these comments will be useful for further education process and business itself.

By M S I R

Jun 21, 2020

Very poor arrangement of this course. As the name of this course, like, "professional", but course arrangement like, poor videos, poor visuals at presentation, very very very poor verbal communication skill, very very very poor and poor sound quality like totally unclear vocals and talking styles. Very disappointing course this. But yeah, the information of this course is very useful. The matter is, It was very hard to get those information cause poor quality of course and course arrangement. I would like to give an example to see, "how should a professional course looks like!". yeah, see google, see their professional course's videos. I have completed almost 3 courses from Coursera and this is the worse experience. Very disappointed. What I want to say that, re-arrange this course and upgrade the quality thus anyone can easily get this. I mean at least clear vocal and talking style.

By Sarah U

Dec 8, 2019

Technically, the content of the class is good, but the audio presentation is very hard to follow since the speakers talk very fast, very speer-of-the moment and with very strong accents.

Also, what had me frustrated that in the four major final quizes at the end of each week, I was only able to review my mistakes or lacks in one week. For all the other weeks everytime I clicked the button to review the quiz's mistakes it just led me to a blank page, which was not very helpfull. Under the same circumstances it happened that it didn't matter how I changed my answers for the questions I was unsure about, I remaind with the same grade, therefore I failed two assignments left to not knowing why.

By David A V E

As someone who majored in Computer Science, and has a little bit of Cyber security experience, this course was very basic, I do not recommend you take this course if you have a similar background.

Now, when it comes to content quality, I have seen much much better. This is the same for the organization and presentation of the course's contents. I was extremely disappointed with the quality I was presented, given that it's IBM who's making this course. I found myself STRUGGLING to finish this course and get on with better ones.

My advice: There are better courses out there, and you should take this course only if you have no (or extremely limited) knowledge of the basics of cyber security.

By Isaac T

Apr 23, 2021

I learned from this course an important lesson: that experts on a field may not necessarily constitute to be instructors. This course needs a review of the presentation and the flow of their information. The knowledge is good, but it is repetitive and doesn't build and complement each other. It seems like the instructors are doing their own lessons and don't know what the other instructors are doing. It would be essential to partake in higher-quality recordings and communication practice. It seems that the instructors often get their sentences mixed up and so makes the flow choppy.

By Gene W

Mar 4, 2021

I tried to get through the course, but the poor audio quality and rambling of the instructors made it very difficult to learn. Poor audio quality - not a problem, I can just read the transcript. But the rambling made it hard to understand the material by reading. I could barely understand the speaker. I was very surprised given the high rating of the course and hoped the instructor might change, but after partway into Week 2, I looked through the comments which confirmed my experience, and decided to give up and find a course elsewhere. Very disappointed.

By Heather Z

Aug 14, 2020

This course was put together horribly. Things were poorly explained, some links to the reading brought up error codes (obviously old information), there was a serious lack of proof-reading...all of this made it very hard to focus. I ended up reading as much as I could through most of the material instead of watching the videos and I barely passed the quiz material. I ended up googling most of the information on my own. However, some of the links with resources were very helpful and allowed me extra reading to get a sense of what was going on in the world.

By Wolfgang G

Sep 7, 2020

The audio and video quality of this course is abysmal. It sounds like the lecturers called in via landline, and the slides are often so blurry that you cannot read their content. The course is so superficial that you basically only learn some terminology. After this course, you will not have gained any applicable or employable skills. This course is produced by IBM, one of the biggest tech company, you would expect they could do better. I can only hope that the following courses in this specialisation are more carefully produced.

By Frane K

Jul 15, 2020

I have completed Week 1. Promising concept but incoherent content filled with many trivial facts which even get pushed into assessments. You really don't remember numbers mentioned few days before like tweets or Instagram posts on Internet per minute or Forbes (!) estimates of cybercrime attributed financial damages in US per year? Yes, that is included in the graded assessment! In addition to this I found that for some PDF resources on external websites access was declined. There are also presenters who are hard to understand.

By Naina P

Jul 7, 2020

The audio quality is very poor. There is this one instructor whose voice cannot be understood at all. The transcript sometimes states {inaudible}. There are several mistakes in the lectures. For instance, there is a lecture in week 2 where it says "Unit 8200 is from China and Unit 61398 is from Israel" which is incorrect and it is the other way round - "Unit 8200 is from Israel and Unit 61398 is from China". I am very disappointed with the lectures presented by IBM and will be dropping this course and looking for some other.

By Ivan A A

Jan 13, 2020

In week 1 the 1st two lesson/Chapter are very informative and educational. Sadly the rest is just irrelevant information that doesn't help engage me into wanting to learn more about cybersecurity.

Plus I'm really disappointed with the quality of IBM choice of video, its just basically everyone reading off there own slideshow which I can do at school y'know.

The don't really feel like course, they more like cybersecurity trivia instead of good "try it at home" example to help me better under the career I want to get into

By Michael S

Oct 8, 2020

I've nearly completed only week 2 but feel compelled to provide feedback now.

So far, the material is too generalised and vague and poorly written.

On top of that, I can't understand what some of the presenters are saying.

In addition, it's even difficult at times to make sense of the transcript.

I work for IBM.

I know we have loads of clever people in this company.

I'm sure we can do better than this.

Very disappointed.

Update : I have now finished the course.

It didn't improve.