Back to Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity by University of Colorado System

This course is all about starting to learn how to develop video games using the C# programming language and the Unity game engine on Windows or Mac. Why use C# and Unity instead of some other language and game engine? Well, C# is a really good language for learning how to program and then programming professionally. Also, the Unity game engine is very popular with indie game developers; Unity games were downloaded 16,000,000,000 times in 2016! Finally, C# is one of the programming languages you can use in the Unity environment. This course doesn't assume you have any previous programming experience. Don't worry if you've never written code before; we'll start at the very beginning and work our way up to building small games by the end of the course. Throughout the course you'll learn core programming concepts that apply to lots of programming languages, including C#, and you'll also learn how to apply those concepts when you develop games. Computer programming is really fun in general, and programming games is even better! Caution: Beginning (assuming no prior programming knowledge) is not the same as easy (not hard to do). Learning to program IS hard to do, especially since this course is essentially the first half of a freshman-level college course. Meeting the course challenges while you master the material will be rewarding to you, but doing that will require hard work and maybe even a few expletives along the way. Module 1: Write your first C# console application and Unity script Module 2: Learn how we store data in our programs Module 3: Learn how we use classes and objects to implement our code Module 4: Learn the basics of Unity 2D games and take "Final Exam" “Unity” is a trademark or registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere. This course is an independent work and is not sponsored by, authorized by, or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates...

MM

Jul 29, 2020

The instructor extremely enthusiastic and passion which is really rare to see but amazing. Thank you so much for teaching this course it really helped to kick start my interest in game development :)

JT

Jan 17, 2020

Very good instructor walks you through every step and then has assignments for you to do on your own to practice your coding skills. Emphasizes using documentation and practicing fundamentals.

576 - 591 of 591 Reviews for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

By Myles E

Oct 5, 2021

This course wastes your time getting you started. It teaches you a little bit of C# and then for your first assignment throws you right into the deep end before you even know what you're doing. There is no help or support from anyone and there "grading" program is riddled with problems. If you cant finish the first assignment you cant even move forward, you're just stuck with no help.

DO NOT PAY FOR THIS COURSE!!!

First assignment literally involves using the Pythagorean Theorem which is confusing enough when also trying to learn a new coding language. This was a very discouraging course, don't waste your time on money on this crap.

By Griffin E

Jun 15, 2021

Terrible Course with no accountability on the Professor's part, The Version of Visual Studio I downloaded required an update and after it was finished, i was unable to load any of the course content, therefore it is impossible for me to submit any of the assignments and pass the class. Dr.T you seem like a decent guy in the videos, but your disengagement from your students is disappointing, i would give zero stars if i could, but here is the lowest possible review you can get, Thanks a lot for taking my money

By Meghan J

Mar 15, 2020

Absolutely awful. Take course through Unity instead. I have tried to cancel my subscription three times and Coursera will not process my cancelation so I have been charged THREE months without any recourse. I absolutely HATE Coursera.

By Armant G

Oct 23, 2021

No point further. I applied for financial aid for the entire program but received for one course only, not sure what the hell made you think that would help me in achieving my goal, but wasted my time and got my hopes up.

By Praful G

Feb 5, 2020

it would have been great if week 1 had included how to install unity ,visual studio, monodevelop videos so that it will be easier for student to dont waste time around web and search everything

By Said E B

Dec 24, 2021

I am not sure if it is a course about c# programming or a math course. The assignments are math oriented and are too difficult for someone beginner with little Math background.

By Пауксон А А

Sep 25, 2021

с​убтитры на русском языке только на начальных видео, потом только английские, т.ч описание того что есть русские субтитры вводит в заблуждение (

By Jason A

Dec 1, 2021

It's seems like a great course but I'm a strict beginner. This course seemed designed for a person with relative knowledge of coding

By Robin O

Mar 19, 2022

T​his guys voice just goes through me. I thought it would be ok, but I just can't bring myself to lissen to anymore.

By Bejjanki M R

Sep 6, 2021

3rd week assignment have to many errors please solve it.

By Luis F C A

Jul 25, 2020

I don´t like the course, it´s demonstrative inefficiency

By Kenny M

Jun 12, 2022

hvery hard to follow and all over the place

By jeremy w

Mar 25, 2021

would give it 0 starts 'twere it an option

Feb 2, 2020

You have errors on the page .

By Hesham M S A